It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I would say just watch a handful of games casually and you may find a new team to support.

All of these times are EST and airing on NBCSN

View attachment 52342
Yay! Thanks you all! This will keep me happy until the women's tournament starts at the end of the month.
@Teeeee I cheer for Southhampton, largely because they are the Saints. I cannot tell you how tickled I am when I hear a football stadium erupt into the song "When the Saints Go Marching In".

@Teeeee I cheer for Southhampton, largely because they are the Saints. I cannot tell you how tickled I am when I hear a football stadium erupt into the song "When the Saints Go Marching In".
Tottenham Hotspur have somewhat adopted that too since they're informally known as "Spurs". So fans will sing "Oh when the Spurs go marching in"

Ready for Friday? I’m champing at the bit, can’t wait for the match! 8.15pm on a Friday is a great time to sit down to it with a few beer!
A fit Rashford and Pogba with Bruno pulling the strings? Against our shaky defense? I’m going to be shitting bricks

@Joe Mac I hestitate to post this but for the Sheffield Villa match, NBCSN has a channel with the natural sound of the match and a separate one with "enhanced sound". I believe NBC took sounds off the FIFA2020 game and is inserting it into the background.

@Joe Mac I hestitate to post this but for the Sheffield Villa match, NBCSN has a channel with the natural sound of the match and a separate one with "enhanced sound". I believe NBC took sounds off the FIFA2020 game and is inserting it into the background.

Yeah sky are doing that here. I’m trying to turn it off but haven’t figured it out just yet! That said as a broadcast whilst it’s still odd and false it isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. At least it’s not being piped into the stadium too, that would be truly horrific!

Goal line technology already shocking in this game. I’d rather Sheffield not get three points so I’m not really complaining

But how was this not given?

Goal line technology already shocking in this game. I’d rather Sheffield not get three points so I’m not really complaining

But how was this not given?

Supposedly the goal line technology wasn’t turned on properly for the first half 😂! They turned it on a half time when they realised...

Why VAR didn’t then stop the game and overrule the goal line is the question, it has a higher level of authority. The ref couldn’t give it himself given his angle. Sheffield United we’re properly robbed!

Ah different channels 🤦🏻. No fake crowd sound for the second half woo!
I was the opposite, watched first 15 mins with no noise but switched to fake noise and enjoyed it a bit better. 0-0 not really a surprise and from a fpl perspective it worked out quite well for my team.

Supposedly the goal line technology wasn’t turned on properly for the first half 😂! They turned it on a half time when they realised...

Why VAR didn’t then stop the game and overrule the goal line is the question, it has a higher level of authority. The ref couldn’t give it himself given his angle. Sheffield United we’re properly robbed!
Brutal :oops:

Yeah it was an arkward one for the referee and linesman because of the referees angle is never going to be right for the goal line and it being right by the post so it blocked the linesman. I suppose technology will fail but VAR not overruling it was shocking, it was a long way over the line, it’s got to be a clear and obvious error for them!

Arsenal aren’t wearing red? Weird! I like that navy kit but there’s no clash with theirs and city’s home kits!

I watched the first ten mins of Napoli v. Juvenitus. Whoa that was boring. Does Ronaldo always play like he can't be bothered? There was one dude that had a magnificent mustache. But that as my highlight doesn't say much.

I'm not watching Man City v. Arsenal. Man City just really doesn't want to score, do they? Arsenal looks flat and outmatched.

I can tell everyone is a bit rusty. I love the BLM on the back of the shirts. It just makes it a wee bit difficult for this newbie-to-boys'-soccer to latch onto any players.

I watched the first ten mins of Napoli v. Juvenitus. Whoa that was boring. Does Ronaldo always play like he can't be bothered? There was one dude that had a magnificent mustache. But that as my highlight doesn't say much.

I'm not watching Man City v. Arsenal. Man City just really doesn't want to score, do they? Arsenal looks flat and outmatched.

I can tell everyone is a bit rusty. I love the BLM on the back of the shirts. It just makes it a wee bit difficult for this newbie-to-boys'-soccer to latch onto any players.

You'll have the chance to watch Benfica in 25 min, the best team ever.

Back