It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Any Chelsea/Liverpool fans in here? 👀

I don't know where he would have fit in at Liverpool anyways, unless they are looking to offload one of Firmino/Origi

also amazing reply to this tweet

1591296422535.png

Any Chelsea/Liverpool fans in here? 👀

I don't know where he would have fit in at Liverpool anyways, unless they are looking to offload one of Firmino/Origi

Great signing for Chelsea, shocked Arsenal weren’t in the mix for him too. I couldn’t see where he’d fit in at Utd (if the Sancho link is true)/Liverpool/City/Spurs tbh. Will be interesting to see what effect this will have on Tammy Abraham’s development too, he’s a player I like the look of.

Great signing for Chelsea, shocked Arsenal weren’t in the mix for him too. I couldn’t see where he’d fit in at Utd (if the Sancho link is true)/Liverpool/City/Spurs tbh. Will be interesting to see what effect this will have on Tammy Abraham’s development too, he’s a player I like the look of.
lol I honestly forgot about Abraham since he's been injured for half the season (sorry Tammy!) but he was excellent in the first half of the season. I think they'll both alternate. It's a good problem to have.

I think your #9 is going to be Rashford even though he wears #10 (lol). Werner would have taken away games from Rashford which I don't think is a good idea since Rashford has been excellent and shouldn't play second fiddle to anyone, that's what Greenwood and even Ighalo who's sticking around longer are for. Sancho is going to take the #7 shirt, and then you've got Martial and James alternating on the left. United are going to be a scary team if they can grab Sancho and have everyone fit. Bruno/Pogba firing in balls to that front 3 :eek:

lol I honestly forgot about Abraham since he's been injured for half the season (sorry Tammy!) but he was excellent in the first half of the season. I think they'll both alternate. It's a good problem to have.

I think your #9 is going to be Rashford even though he wears #10 (lol). Werner would have taken away games from Rashford which I don't think is a good idea since Rashford has been excellent and shouldn't play second fiddle to anyone, that's what Greenwood and even Ighalo who's sticking around longer are for. Sancho is going to take the #7 shirt, and then you've got Martial and James alternating on the left. United are going to be a scary team if they can grab Sancho and have everyone fit. Bruno/Pogba firing in balls to that front 3 :eek:

I think you have Rashford and Martial the wrong way around. Martial seems to have thrived on playing up top, especially since Fernandes has arrived, they seem to have clicked immediately. The more he develops the more Rashford reminds me of Ronaldo as a player and he hasn’t impressed in the centre of late, I think he’ll play off the left of a fluid front 3 with him going outside in and Martial inside out. With the right signings this summer we could have the genesis of a proper team.

Werner wasn't going to see the lineup enough for how much Liverpool would've had to pay to get his release. Bobby's not going anywhere and Origi is the perfect spark off the bench. I'm more interested in finding the young player that will eventually replace Bobby in 5 years. If Klopp and Michael Edwards didn't want to sign off on getting Werner, I'm not worried. They've earned the right to not have people second guess their moves or lack of moves.

I think you have Rashford and Martial the wrong way around. Martial seems to have thrived on playing up top, especially since Fernandes has arrived, they seem to have clicked immediately. The more he develops the more Rashford reminds me of Ronaldo as a player and he hasn’t impressed in the centre of late, I think he’ll play off the left of a fluid front 3 with him going outside in and Martial inside out. With the right signings this summer we could have the genesis of a proper team.
You've watched more United than I have. I guess I've been impressed when I see Rashford on his own on the counter attacks, which made me think he's more of an out and out striker. Martial is a really hot and cold player, and tbf I only watched the Utd/City game since Bruno came aboard.

For real, I think United are going to improve. Chelsea will probably improve pending Werner and let's not forget the biggest signing of the window so far, Ziyech. City should fall a little bit, Sane is on his way out, DSilva is retiring, plus they may be out of Europe too. Liverpool might not be as good as this season, they may regress back down to how they were two seasons ago but not 97 points. Spurs might finally have a fit and rested squad for the first time in ages, but our defense is still shit. Arsenal? I don't know what they're doing.

Last edited:
Werner wasn't going to see the lineup enough for how much Liverpool would've had to pay to get his release. Bobby's not going anywhere and Origi is the perfect spark off the bench. I'm more interested in finding the young player that will eventually replace Bobby in 5 years. If Klopp and Michael Edwards didn't want to sign off on getting Werner, I'm not worried. They've earned the right to not have people second guess their moves or lack of moves.
yup Firmino is still only 28 which is the prime of his career. There's no way he'd go anywhere unless Madrid throw insane money at him.

yup Firmino is still only 28 which is the prime of his career. There's no way he'd go anywhere unless Madrid throw insane money at him.

I think there’s a real desire to give Brewster the opportunity to fulfil his potential, he’s really highly rated both at Liverpool and in the England under age set up and has apparently really impressed Swansea whilst he’s been on loan there.

Marcus Rashford is PM now

He’s been an absolute example through covid, raised over £20million towards feeding disadvantaged kids over the last 3 months and every statement that he’s put out on that, and also on black lives matter, has been tonally spot on.

Really like this. All EPL teams will wear Black Lives Matter on their kits.

They should sell those and give the profits to different movements supported by each club. They'd get a lot of people willing to buy. Regardless they will probably auction off the game worn shirts though which is just as cool.

Today's the day!!! Finalize your FPL lineups folks!

Wait - what is happening today? Are there games I need to watch? Remember - I'm on the hunt for a men's team to become a fan of so I can join in the gentlemanly trash talking that happens in this thread.

Wait - what is happening today? Are there games I need to watch? Remember - I'm on the hunt for a men's team to become a fan of so I can join in the gentlemanly trash talking that happens in this thread.

Yes, the English Premier League resumes tonight (6pm UK time). There are 2 games tonight, Aston Villa v Sheffield United and Man City v Arsenal.

I would say just watch a handful of games casually and you may find a new team to support.

All of these times are EST and airing on NBCSN

1592403612293.png

Back