It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I thought Winks was solid. Sissoko was off his game. Can’t shoot to save his life. If Ndombele was in it would have been much different. Though, Ndombele is injured and Lo Celso is just getting match fit. I expect they’ll both be utilized more after the international break. Our best midfield is Ndombele as an 8, Lo Celso or Eriksen a 10 and Winks or Dier as a 6. I still think we need a proper DM because Winks is not tall or big enough to control and tackle in front of the back line. And Dier is better as CB.

It’s a home game for them and we looked overrun at times. The midfield was lost and then Ceballos came on and made it even worse. Guendeuzi had the game of his life even though the majority of his interceptions was us passing right to him.

I know it’s early days but I’m really not seeing what you are in Ndombele, he just looks like a younger Sissoko and with all the same limitations. Dembele was miles ahead of the both of them before his injuries struck and then he fell out of favour...

Champions League draw is set

View attachment 15612

Spurs have a decent/average group. Not taking Olympiakos or Belgrade away for granted.

Chelsea look like rough going for them with Ajax, Valencia and Lille.

UEFA City have by far the easiest group. AGAIN.

Group F is the group of death this year easily. Press F to pay your respects to Slavia Praha
So about the german Teams. Bayern should be easily going to the next round. Dortund have really upped their Team this Season, but do not look convincing in the league so far. They could sadavnce ord so out last, seems to b epretty open Right now.
Bayer Lerkusen Looks good in the league so far, but Atletico and Juventus should be a number too big for them.
RB Leipzig look really good in the Moment. They seemed to have upped their game with the new Coach. Should normally go on to the second round in one of the weeker groups

I know it’s early days but I’m really not seeing what you are in Ndombele, he just looks like a younger Sissoko and with all the same limitations. Dembele was miles ahead of the both of them before his injuries struck and then he fell out of favour...
Never said Ndombele was the same as Dembele. Dembele on his day was world class. Sissoko right now is plugging a whole and would be a bench/rotation player normally. Ndombele can shoot and pick out a pass to assist where Sissoko can’t shoot to save his life. Big difference in playing styles between the two players.

Never said Ndombele was the same as Dembele. Dembele on his day was world class. Sissoko right now is plugging a whole and would be a bench/rotation player normally. Ndombele can shoot and pick out a pass to assist where Sissoko can’t shoot to save his life. Big difference in playing styles between the two players.

No I know you didn’t, that was my comparison. I just don’t rate what I’ve seen from him at all. Looks ponderous on the ball and doesnt drive enough for someone with his physique. Maybe that’s just a tentative start but I’d want a lot lot more for what he cost.

I mean really, who didn't have Leicester and Crystal Palace right behind Liverpool and City in the preseason top 4? What a strange start to the season.

No I know you didn’t, that was my comparison. I just don’t rate what I’ve seen from him at all. Looks ponderous on the ball and doesnt drive enough for someone with his physique. Maybe that’s just a tentative start but I’d want a lot lot more for what he cost.
ask the same questions about Fred
I mean really, who didn't have Leicester and Crystal Palace right behind Liverpool and City in the preseason top 4? What a strange start to the season.
Leicester are winning the league again

Feels like a loss even though it's a draw. Should have been a second pen towards the end, it was the same type of play where Auba's pen was called last season. But the game should have never been drawn after being up by 2-0 so early. Sissoko was god-awful in attack. Ndombele would do so much better there. Sanchez at RB was a disaster.

Should have a pen to win today. Should have a pen to draw last week against Newcastle. Should be 2-2-0 instead of 1-2-1. Oh well, still very early.

Really hope Eriksen stays, but now that Pogba is not happening and Madrid in an injury crisis. We shall see...

Lol Kane did dive (this will always be my stance). That was not a penalty. Speaking of penalties, I don't know wtf Xhaka was thinking and he does that shit all the time. It's infuriating.

I was able to record the game and avoid the score until later in the afternoon when I was able to watch. I wish I would've just spoiled it for myself. Even if we managed to score one more in the second half, I still wouldn't have been able to relax given how our D looked every time Spurs crossed into our defensive third. When that one ball got to Sissoko in the box, I actually yelled "Yes!". Makes me sad every time Emery takes Laca off.

Lol Kane did dive (this will always be my stance). That was not a penalty. Speaking of penalties, I don't know wtf Xhaka was thinking and he does that shit all the time. It's infuriating.

I was able to record the game and avoid the score until later in the afternoon when I was able to watch. I wish I would've just spoiled it for myself. Even if we managed to score one more in the second half, I still wouldn't have been able to relax given how our D looked every time Spurs crossed into our defensive third. When that one ball got to Sissoko in the box, I actually yelled "Yes!". Makes me sad every time Emery takes Laca off.
It would have been a soft penalty had it been awarded, but looking at Auba's last season makes you think it should have been called if that one was. Auba had his pen saved so karma I guess.

I've been wondering if I should adopt a PL team and it's hard not to love Norwich. I always thought they'd be more likely to finish in the top half of the table than to be relegated. It's so refreshing to see a newly promoted team just keep going for it in the attack.

I've been wondering if I should adopt a PL team and it's hard not to love Norwich. I always thought they'd be more likely to finish in the top half of the table than to be relegated. It's so refreshing to see a newly promoted team just keep going for it in the attack.
Isn’t @Captainfog a Norwich local?

So I decided to act tactically. Added Abraham and Mount to my team so that should destroy their confidence and form. Maybe I should get some more scousers and city players in there too for the same reason... 🤔

So I decided to act tactically. Added Abraham and Mount to my team so that should destroy their confidence and form. Maybe I should get some more scousers and city players in there too for the same reason... 🤔
I removed Kane and added Tammy so I’m hopeful Kane picks it up now. He loves scoring against Leicester. Also removed Salah and added Mane. Liverpool are still winning things but they find away to not really get me any points. TAA and Robertson have been a bust because no one is getting clean sheets. And of course when I bin AWB next game he gets a CS :cautious:

I removed Kane and added Tammy so I’m hopeful Kane picks it up now. He loves scoring against Leicester. Also removed Salah and added Mane. Liverpool are still winning things but they find away to not really get me any points. TAA and Robertson have been a bust because no one is getting clean sheets. And of course when I bin AWB next game he gets a CS :cautious:

I think I’m either zaha picking up or another midfielder away from having what I think is a nice balance to my team that will still score minimal points lmao!

I think I’m either zaha picking up or another midfielder away from having what I think is a nice balance to my team that will still score minimal points lmao!
Zaha is wasted £ IMO. Especially since he’s been frustrated about not leaving over the summer.

Zaha is wasted £ IMO. Especially since he’s been frustrated about not leaving over the summer.

He’s cheap doe rhe position and there is no player near his money that’s comparable. He will eventually pick up if he wants his move to a bigger team next summer. Of course this will happen after I’ve dumped him!

Back