It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I'm expecting a pounding today, but I'll be over the moon with even a draw
And thanks to VAR, you got one! That was an incredible match.
highway robbery of the highest order. City should have gotten at least 5 goals.

It happened again

A99799A2-3892-4847-BEF8-94C3D101AF11.jpeg
Random, city hammer spurs and only draw. I actually disagree, one sided games like that are quite dull...
It was an enthralling game. City kept turning the screw and we held on. If we got smashed by 5 goals I’d call that boring too. Football is random like that sometimes. There’s an episode of the This is Football show on Amazon that talks about it.

highway robbery of the highest order. City should have gotten at least 5 goals.

It happened again

View attachment 14573

It was an enthralling game. City kept turning the screw and we held on. If we got smashed by 5 goals I’d call that boring too. Football is random like that sometimes. There’s an episode of the This is Football show on Amazon that talks about it.

I think it is if you have skin in the game. As a neutral that was pretty much a non event beyond your two goals...

I felt sorry for city at the end though, decisions like that make an arse of VAR, there’s absolutely no intention there and, for me, handball is all about intent...

I think it is if you have skin in the game. As a neutral that was pretty much a non event beyond your two goals...

I felt sorry for city at the end though, decisions like that make an arse of VAR, there’s absolutely no intention there and, for me, handball is all about intent...
I mean sure. There’s not much Laporte can do in that situation. Same with Kimpembe and Sissoko. But that’s just how the rule is now.

I mean sure. There’s not much Laporte can do in that situation. Same with Kimpembe and Sissoko. But that’s just how the rule is now.

Yes but the premier league isn’t following the European interpretation and it’s also hard to take when that’s not the game you grew up watching and it’s not a rule change that either improves the spectacle or stops injustice/serious injuries because let’s be honest that was no hand of god!

Yes but the premier league isn’t following the European interpretation and it’s also hard to take when that’s not the game you grew up watching and it’s not a rule change that either improves the spectacle or stops injustice/serious injuries because let’s be honest that was no hand of god!
I agree seems daft. But it’ll correct plenty for calls for every one of those types of plays.

I agree seems daft. But it’ll correct plenty for calls for every one of those types of plays.

They’ve a lot of work to do i it because to be honest I’ve not been impressed by its debut in the later stages of the champions league or the first two rounds of the premier league. I agree it’s the future but it needs to correct foul play and matters of fact, not inadvertent deflections...

He still looks shot. Can’t run at all, can’t take on people. They can’t handle his strength and he still has his ball control.

Yeah you can’t get away with that in England, particularly in the premier league but probably also the championship too. I mean look at Rooney, looked past it for his last 3 years in England and a 1 in 2 mls ratio...

Yeah you can’t get away with that in England, particularly in the premier league but probably also the championship too. I mean look at Rooney, looked past it for his last 3 years in England and a 1 in 2 mls ratio...

I think he’s headed back (Rooney). Player coach at Derby I think.

Comparing the Prem to MLS isn’t worth my time. I like having a “local” club that I go see live rather than watch on TV. I put local in quotes because I’m about 1-1.5 hours away.

Our best players will always end up in mid to low table prem clubs. There is a lot of problems with developing soccer players over here.

Comparing the Prem to MLS isn’t worth my time. I like having a “local” club that I go see live rather than watch on TV. I put local in quotes because I’m about 1-1.5 hours away.

Our best players will always end up in mid to low table prem clubs. There is a lot of problems with developing soccer players over here.

Yeah he’s going to derby as player/coach but it’s telling that he’s heading to a championship club. Based on his last two years at United and his season at Everton he’s not upto much above higher end championship or experience for a newly promoted club in the premier league.

No it’s not, the difference in money is pretty insurmountable. It’ll be interesting to see how Brexit effects that. My thoughts are it’ll affect overseas recruitment more than the club’s income streams.

Tbh it’s more an explanation how of a past it player can move from here and light up your league than an attempt at a serious comparison.

Also fair play, live football is the best, I just happened to grow up in England haha!

I saw a stat saying Rashford has never missed a professional penalty before but Pogba's missed 4 out of his last 11. 🤔

Tbf he’s only taken 4 (2 for Utd) but the ones he has taken are much more emphatic than anything I’ve seen from the midfielder.

Back