It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Played my wildcard to revamp my team - hopefully it gets me off the foot of the table! Not having a Man City player in the team was a schoolboy error to be fair...
I only have De Bryune right now. Do you have any Liverpool players either?

Hard to read too much into Arsenal's first two games but I'll take the six points. Already trying not to get too attached to Ceballos. He looked great against Burnley. I'm ready for Pepe unleashed. I'll be travelling tomorrow but hopefully I'll be able to snag a view of some of the Liverpool game at the airport. Feels like a game where we score 2 but give up a later winner.

Hard to read too much into Arsenal's first two games but I'll take the six points. Already trying not to get too attached to Ceballos. He looked great against Burnley. I'm ready for Pepe unleashed. I'll be travelling tomorrow but hopefully I'll be able to snag a view of some of the Liverpool game at the airport. Feels like a game where we score 2 but give up a later winner.
This aged well 😆

I finally decided to take a hit to bring in Pukki in my team. I had enough in the bank thinking he was £6.5 but his price already rose to £6.8 🤬

You’re welcome Pukki owners because he’s probably going to blank now that I have him.

Champions League draw is set

1567101749408.png

Spurs have a decent/average group. Not taking Olympiakos or Belgrade away for granted.

Chelsea look like rough going for them with Ajax, Valencia and Lille.

UEFA City have by far the easiest group. AGAIN.

Group F is the group of death this year easily. Press F to pay your respects to Slavia Praha

This aged well 😆
Ha, fortunately I was unable to watch. The realistic hope is there is a lot of room for improvement with this squad and they push Spurs for third. Spurs loss to Newcastle was a nice consolation.

My mom is getting married Sunday morning... Clearly did not check Arsenal's schedule before she decided on that.

Champions League draw is set

View attachment 15612

Spurs have a decent/average group. Not taking Olympiakos or Belgrade away for granted.

Chelsea look like rough going for them with Ajax, Valencia and Lille.

UEFA City have by far the easiest group. AGAIN.

Group F is the group of death this year easily. Press F to pay your respects to Slavia Praha

That would be the same city that hates UEFA boos their anthem and are constantly being investigated over financial fair play.

That a proper united group they got this year... I’m going to miss the European Cup this year 🙁

That would be the same city that hates UEFA boos their anthem and are constantly being investigated over financial fair play.

That a proper united group they got this year... I’m going to miss the European Cup this year 🙁
well they seem to always get favorable draws but then lose in the Quarterfinals all the time ;) Maybe if they had a proper challenging group they wouldn't struggle in knockouts each year.
Ha, fortunately I was unable to watch. The realistic hope is there is a lot of room for improvement with this squad and they push Spurs for third. Spurs loss to Newcastle was a nice consolation.

My mom is getting married Sunday morning... Clearly did not check Arsenal's schedule before she decided on that.
I was extremely positive about the season after the City draw but losing to Newcastle has made everything look doom and gloom. KWP and Ndombele may be out for the NLD but Dele might be back. We should beat you but I'm expecting the worst.

well they seem to always get favorable draws but then lose in the Quarterfinals all the time ;) Maybe if they had a proper challenging group they wouldn't struggle in knockouts each year.

I was extremely positive about the season after the City draw but losing to Newcastle has made everything look doom and gloom. KWP and Ndombele may be out for the NLD but Dele might be back. We should beat you but I'm expecting the worst.

You were positive after the city draw!! Seriously!! They hammered you, you scored with your only two shots and VAR ridiculously disallowed a good goal.

You were positive after the city draw!! Seriously!! They hammered you, you scored with your only two shots and VAR ridiculously disallowed a good goal.
yeah, getting a result from that performance is positive. I'm not equating Tottenham to City at all, fully undeserved point, but a point is a point. We'll need luck if we want do well in the league. Grinding out and taking points from games like that can turn out to be massive towards the end of the season. Lloris' penalty save in the last NLD was the difference between CL and EL for both Spurs and Arsenal. One point is huge.

yeah, getting a result from that performance is positive. I'm not equating Tottenham to City at all, fully undeserved point, but a point is a point. We'll need luck if we want do well in the league. Grinding out and taking points from games like that can turn out to be massive towards the end of the season. Lloris' penalty save in the last NLD was the difference between CL and EL for both Spurs and Arsenal. One point is huge.

In April not August and you were bogging in two home games against poor teams and I’m not at all convinced by Ndombele from what I’ve seen. I was also slightly confused and worried at Poch’s comments after the Newcastle game.

I mean we don’t look good either but I think you’ve gone backwards and are in a dog fight against us, Chelsea and Arsenal for 3/4

In April not August and you were bogging in two home games against poor teams and I’m not at all convinced by Ndombele from what I’ve seen. I was also slightly confused and worried at Poch’s comments after the Newcastle game.

I mean we don’t look good either but I think you’ve gone backwards and are in a dog fight against us, Chelsea and Arsenal for 3/4
Again, grinding out results even when they go undeserved still is positive. A point in August and a point in April is still a point. Most of the second half of last season had us doing that. Playing terrible football from about February onwards. But we did enough to get top 4. That’s really all that counts. We haven’t played high flying football since January or so. Maybe that one Dortmund at home game we won 3-0. That was the last time.

I don’t think NDombele has reached his potential yet, but he’s injured now so who knows. Our form definitely needs to improve. I don’t disagree. I think Eriksen and Toby are staying so hopefully after the window closes a lot of the tension cools and we can kick on. Poch picking Sanchez over Jan and leaving Eriksen on the outs versus Newcastle and Villa is not great. Play the best team regardless of any other external issues IMO.

Feels like a loss even though it's a draw. Should have been a second pen towards the end, it was the same type of play where Auba's pen was called last season. But the game should have never been drawn after being up by 2-0 so early. Sissoko was god-awful in attack. Ndombele would do so much better there. Sanchez at RB was a disaster.

Should have a pen to win today. Should have a pen to draw last week against Newcastle. Should be 2-2-0 instead of 1-2-1. Oh well, still very early.

Really hope Eriksen stays, but now that Pogba is not happening and Madrid in an injury crisis. We shall see...

Feels like a loss even though it's a draw. Should have been a second pen towards the end, it was the same type of play where Auba's pen was called last season. But the game should have never been drawn after being up by 2-0 so early. Sissoko was god-awful in attack. Ndombele would do so much better there. Sanchez at RB was a disaster.

Should have a pen to win today. Should have a pen to draw last week against Newcastle. Should be 2-2-0 instead of 1-2-1. Oh well, still very early.

Really hope Eriksen stays, but now that Pogba is not happening and Madrid in an injury crisis. We shall see...

Equally Arsenal had enough chances to beat you 4-2, they were the better team today, by an absolute country mile...

As a neutral the game was tons of fun but winks and sissoko is such a disaster especially with the transfers they brought in.

As a neutral the game was tons of fun but winks and sissoko is such a disaster especially with the transfers they brought in.
I thought Winks was solid. Sissoko was off his game. Can’t shoot to save his life. If Ndombele was in it would have been much different. Though, Ndombele is injured and Lo Celso is just getting match fit. I expect they’ll both be utilized more after the international break. Our best midfield is Ndombele as an 8, Lo Celso or Eriksen a 10 and Winks or Dier as a 6. I still think we need a proper DM because Winks is not tall or big enough to control and tackle in front of the back line. And Dier is better as CB.

It’s a home game for them and we looked overrun at times. The midfield was lost and then Ceballos came on and made it even worse. Guendeuzi had the game of his life even though the majority of his interceptions was us passing right to him.

Back