It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

This USMNT is not good. Canada have been decent but not overpowering or dominant. They’re just vibes and individual brilliance fc. I don’t see any game plan or tactics at all.
I agree the USMNT is no good. I see nothing in Aronson especially. Canada did well to accomplish exactly what they set out to do. I can see them causing an upset during the WC.

Out Permanently: Dele

Out Loans: Ndombele, Lo Celso, Gil (no option to buy)

In: Betancur, Kulusevski

Decent window tbh. Was looking like nothing was happening a few days ago but everything happened at once. I'm sad to see Dele go but it needed to happen :cry:

I didn’t say much on Sunday because it’s taken me a little while to process just how angry I was about this. Two things:

1. Most importantly, I hope the young lady at the centre of this is getting all the care and support that she needs; and
2. I hope the prick rots inside for a long long time.

Just for those of you who never experienced the joys of 90s football and the particular “charm” of Wimbledon. Also one of my favourite goals by Eric, a demonstration of how good Irwin was and the Newton Heath kit!

Last edited:
United genuinely robbed with that handball. But if you can’t beat a Championship side after 120 minutes at home, you don’t deserve to go through.

United genuinely robbed with that handball. But if you can’t beat a Championship side after 120 minutes at home, you don’t deserve to go through.
Silver lining when Arsenal got knocked out by Nottingham they came back and started playing much better in the Premier League so maybe that will happen for United

Excuses. We missed so many guilt edge chances including a penalty and at least 2 gaping goals. Just feel sorry for young Elanga, you don’t want that on a kids shoulders.

After the last week it kinda felt a bit surreal and unimportant tonight, football doesn’t seem to matter quite so much right now.

Silver lining when Arsenal got knocked out by Nottingham they came back and started playing much better in the Premier League so maybe that will happen for United

It’s kinda different though. You were genuinely shit against Forest (they never have and never will be called Nottingham lol). We actually played well and created an avalanche of chances and were so wasteful. That almost worries me more lol. I knew we’d lose when it went to pens, we just aren’t good at them!

Hang on! Forest are 4-1 up agianst Leicester? Well that’s a tame way to surrender a title. They’ll be bouncing in Notts tonight with the little bit of local rivalry thrown in there.

Last edited:
Forest ain't fuckin around!! I hope they go all the way after taking out Arsenal and now Leicester

Forest v Huddersfield in the 5th rounds means at least one of them is in the quarters!

Forest won the cup once or twice way back when but it was the only domestic trophy that Clough didn’t win in his time there.

By the way for those of you that don’t know the Clough story at Forest there is a documentary on it called “I Believe In Miracles”. It really is an amazing story. Provincial team in Division 2 gets promoted from Division 2 in 77, wins Division 1 and League Cup 78, wins European Cup and League Cup and Division 1 runners up 79, and then defends the European Cup in 1980!

Back