It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Do you guys do a league with friends or how did you find a league to do for Fantasy premier league? Looks awesome, but I don't think I have enough friends into the EPL to create a league.
I just joined this league and the league the Chelsea subreddit made!

I saw some folks saying Angel Di Maria 2.0. Really didn’t make a lot of sense for both parties.

Yeah rule 1, only sign players who really want to join your club and are excited to do so. Any sign of doubt or money grabbing then no thank you!

Dubala signing for Spurs! Must have been something other than money because no way Spurs can offer more wages than Man U. No idea whether he's any good.

Dubala signing for Spurs! Must have been something other than money because no way Spurs can offer more wages than Man U. No idea whether he's any good.

He’s being sued for approx £4 million over unpaid image rights to a third party he sold them too as a young player. A condition of the deal was that united paid that bill and bought out his future rights for him, not them. And £350,000 a week net. Plus they got the impression it was about a pay day not about wanting to play for United. After the Sanchez deal there a bit of a sore spot there. United pulled out, not Dybala.

It’ll be interesting to see how spurs get on, the salary on offer has to be lower but a rumour that he still wants he image rights settlement paid and future rights boygenius out for him as part of the deal. I think spurs would be as well steering clear of him too, he doesn’t want to play in England, he wants to get paid in England to sort out his legal issues...

Spurs won't be paying half of 350k a week. Must be a load of performance bonuses to make up the difference.

Spurs won't be paying half of 350k a week. Must be a load of performance bonuses to make up the difference.

I think he’ll have to adjust his expectations down at spurs alright but he’s in it for as much as possible. I get the impression that he doesn’t want to leave Juve and so if he’s being forced out he’ll extort the new club for as much as possible and sort out his legal bills. One of the papers, not sure if this is true, was saying his agent was back on to United last night looking for less money than before but more than spurs can pay.

At this stage I’m happy to avoid which is a pity because he’s an exceptional talent and if his heart appeared to be in the move I’d be on it like a flash!

I think he’ll have to adjust his expectations down at spurs alright but he’s in it for as much as possible. I get the impression that he doesn’t want to leave Juve and so if he’s being forced out he’ll extort the new club for as much as possible and sort out his legal bills. One of the papers, not sure if this is true, was saying his agent was back on to United last night looking for less money than before but more than spurs can pay.

At this stage I’m happy to avoid which is a pity because he’s an exceptional talent and if his heart appeared to be in the move I’d be on it like a flash!

I'm always cautious about signing players from Italian league as they seem to take an age to adapt to the PL and often never make it.

I'm always cautious about signing players from Italian league as they seem to take an age to adapt to the PL and often never make it.

Even after Salah? And Allison? Haha!

But yeah I get the point, the Italian league isn’t at the level it was in the early to mid 90s and the quality and particular the tempo isn’t quite up there.

He’s being sued for approx £4 million over unpaid image rights to a third party he sold them too as a young player. A condition of the deal was that united paid that bill and bought out his future rights for him, not them. And £350,000 a week net. Plus they got the impression it was about a pay day not about wanting to play for United. After the Sanchez deal there a bit of a sore spot there. United pulled out, not Dybala.

It’ll be interesting to see how spurs get on, the salary on offer has to be lower but a rumour that he still wants he image rights settlement paid and future rights boygenius out for him as part of the deal. I think spurs would be as well steering clear of him too, he doesn’t want to play in England, he wants to get paid in England to sort out his legal issues...

There’s absolutely no way Levy is bidding without having a plan in place to handle wages and image rights. I saw a rumor this morning that he’ll be on 250k (not sure if pounds or euros) probably some bonuses cooked in. Kane is on 200k PW which will probably increase next time he signs a new contract to make him a Spurs lifer.

However this could all be smoke screen to get Betis to drop their evaluation of Lo Celso. They want 75m for him which is madness. He’s a 50m player at the most. And Eriksen is likely off which is heartbreaking since I adore Eriksen. But if his heart is not with the club anymore I don’t want him.

Even after Salah? And Allison? Haha!

But yeah I get the point, the Italian league isn’t at the level it was in the early to mid 90s and the quality and particular the tempo isn’t quite up there.

Salah already played in PL and gks a bit different, but I was really referring to Italian players, but Dubala is Argentinian so ignore me haha

Side note: Absolutely fuck David Luis. Talks shit about Chelsea while at PSG, comes back and pretends it never happened, throws an absolute fit when Conte benches him for being shit and a defensive liability, then tries to force a last minute move to Arsenal when, I'm guessing, Lamps said he won't be a guaranteed starter. An absolute man child.

Side note: Absolutely fuck David Luis. Talks shit about Chelsea while at PSG, comes back and pretends it never happened, throws an absolute fit when Conte benches him for being shit and a defensive liability, then tries to force a last minute move to Arsenal when, I'm guessing, Lamps said he won't be a guaranteed starter. An absolute man child.

but that hair!

Got into the our private FPL league! Here is my initial squad. I was thinking about taking Moise Kean cause I wish Juve wouldn't have sold him!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 12
In:

NDombele
Lo Celso
Sessegnon

Maybe In:

Dybala
Atal

Out:

Llorente
Vorm
Trippier
Carter-Vickers
Onomah

Maybe Out:

Eriksen
Wanyama

Not a bad window at all. Don’t like that it took until the last day but in the end still decent. I hate that I’m going to be driving through an area without service when the deadline ends so I can’t follow in real time.

Back