It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I really like Lukaku but he doesn't work in the current system you lot have. Dybala is really good but had a less than stellar season last year playing second fiddle to Ronaldo. Do you think Dybala would come in and unseat Rashford? Where would he play?

I actually really don’t rate Lukaku at all. The focus of a mid level team being solely on him scoring goals is his absolute top level for me and if this swap comes off we’re absolutely laughing!

As for Dybala I’d see him Rashford and Martial playing as a fluid front three. He’ll nominally start on the right but with plenty of movement and position switches going on throughout the match.

As a Juve fan with multiple Dybala jerseys, I am so torn on this transfer news. On one hand I think it is absolutely insane to swap Dybala for Lukaku (like what? come on!) but on the 2nd hand, Dybala really did not fit within our offensive scheme last year and if they already know that he wouldn't likely fit Sarri's system either (Idk enough about Sarri to know), then maybe it is best to move on. :(

He could easily play in Sarri’s system as a false 9 but that system doesn’t work with Cristiano on the left. The issue is that himself And Ronaldo don’t fit together in the same system.

Lukaku is an overweight and immobile target man. He’s a lethal finisher but offers absolutely nothing else and is often not quick enough/has good enough movement to get into positions to use it. I get why Conte wanted him, I don’t get why Juve do. If this falls into place we’re definitely getting the better of this deal!

Also, if you are in the US and like soccer, I highly recommend getting ESPN+. MLS, Serie A, Bundesliga, Eredivisie, EFL, and UEFA Nations league all for $50/year. I really enjoyed it over the last year (especially being able to watch every Juve game).
I had it last year but the roku app kept fucking up and not streaming stuff so I cancelled. I think Bundesliga is actually on Fox Sports? unless that's changing. I might end up re-upping around the time of the EFL cup games because I'm lazy and it's annoying watching games on a laptop with a lousy stream.
I actually really don’t rate Lukaku at all. The focus of a mid level team being solely on him scoring goals is his absolute top level for me and if this swap comes off we’re absolutely laughing!

As for Dybala I’d see him Rashford and Martial playing as a fluid front three. He’ll nominally start on the right but with plenty of movement and position switches going on throughout the match.
I think Lukaku is solidly above average for a striker but he needs loads of service. He can't do it alone. His hold-up play is decent and passing as well, but yeah he's slow and clunky. Plays really well for Belgium but that's a whole different system.

Dybala is definitely better than Lukaku so this is a no brainer. I don't know how Sarri is going to use Lukaku unless Juve is trying to get one over Conte at Inter since Conte loves Lukaku. who knows.

I had it last year but the roku app kept fucking up and not streaming stuff so I cancelled. I think Bundesliga is actually on Fox Sports? unless that's changing. I might end up re-upping around the time of the EFL cup games because I'm lazy and it's annoying watching games on a laptop with a lousy stream.

I think Lukaku is solidly above average for a striker but he needs loads of service. He can't do it alone. His hold-up play is decent and passing as well, but yeah he's slow and clunky. Plays really well for Belgium but that's a whole different system.

Dybala is definitely better than Lukaku so this is a no brainer. I don't know how Sarri is going to use Lukaku unless Juve is trying to get one over Conte at Inter since Conte loves Lukaku. who knows.

After 2 years his hold up play is atrocious for someone his size solely because I’ve never seen a centre forward with a worst first touch, the ball just bounces off him...

If he can control the ball he can thread a pass but it’s too little not often enough.

I guess I misspoke about Bundesliga. It isn't until 2020 that it moves from fox over to ESPN+: https://nypost.com/2019/07/31/espn-adding-bundesliga-to-its-growing-soccer-portfolio/

Also, if you are in the US and like soccer, I highly recommend getting ESPN+. MLS, Serie A, Bundesliga, Eredivisie, EFL, and UEFA Nations league all for $50/year. I really enjoyed it over the last year (especially being able to watch every Juve game).
I had ESPN+ last year so I could watch Fiorentina and it worked fantastic. Highly recommended.
I had it last year but the roku app kept fucking up and not streaming stuff so I cancelled.
ESPN+ streamed flawlessly for my on my laptop, phone and on the ESPN app in the Roku connected to a tv. The ESPN app would not allow ESPN+ streaming on the AppleTV device connected to a different tv. At the time I tried it, it was a known non-compatible issue.

Looking forward to see how AFC Monster Island does being run by someone who only watches Serie A. :ROFLMAO:

I had ESPN+ last year so I could watch Fiorentina and it worked fantastic. Highly recommended.

ESPN+ streamed flawlessly for my on my laptop, phone and on the ESPN app in the Roku connected to a tv. The ESPN app would not allow ESPN+ streaming on the AppleTV device connected to a different tv. At the time I tried it, it was a known non-compatible issue.

Looking forward to see how AFC Monster Island does being run by someone who only watches Serie A. :ROFLMAO:
I think I'm confusing it with the other non-espn+ programs on the espn app. everything espn+ worked great, everything live on espn I wanted to stream was crap. I have a cable account I was logged into but it just wasn't letting me play anything.

What is everyone's FPL lineup looking like?

Here is mine:

Ryan (Button)
Wan-Bissaka - Alexander-Arnold - Duffy (Rico) (Kelly)
Salah (c) - De Bruyne - Barkley - Pérez - Sigurdsson
Aubameyang (VC) - Jota (Greenwood)

After 2 years his hold up play is atrocious for someone his size solely because I’ve never seen a centre forward with a worst first touch, the ball just bounces off him...

If he can control the ball he can thread a pass but it’s too little not often enough.
first touch like a trampoline :LOL:

Here is mine:

Ryan (Button)
This is what I’m at right now. I’ll probably tinker with it a few more times before the deadline. I had Allison as GK but decided to bulk up my midfield instead. Pope was rock in 17-18 and I’m hoping he can produce again with a full heathy season.

BDBA386E-82E0-44DE-AD50-EB5B07B44322.png

Without cable?

DVR capability?

For ESPN+, you get all the games that are not already being broadcasted on ESPN and ESPN2 (which for Serie A was one "Match of the Day" on ESPN proper each week). All of the rest were on ESPN+ and you could watch them live (no DVR capabilities on live matches) or on-demand after the match finishes. They also had their own Serie A show that would be broadcasted twice a week I think. I already have YoutubeTV so this was a fantastic supplement to it so that I can watch all Serie A games.

Here is mine:

Ryan (Button)
This is what I’m at right now. I’ll probably tinker with it a few more times before the deadline. I had Allison as GK but decided to bulk up my midfield instead. Pope was rock in 17-18 and I’m hoping he can produce again with a full heathy season.

Do you guys do a league with friends or how did you find a league to do for Fantasy premier league? Looks awesome, but I don't think I have enough friends into the EPL to create a league.

Do you guys do a league with friends or how did you find a league to do for Fantasy premier league? Looks awesome, but I don't think I have enough friends into the EPL to create a league.

We have our own N&G league, scroll back a bit and you’ll see the code!

We have our own N&G league, scroll back a bit and you’ll see the code!
Yup you’re in luck, join our league here! It’s the only league I’m in. I don’t have many IRL soccer friends.

I think from above you can all tell I rate, and was excited about, Dybala. I’m actually delighted to see us pull out because we felt his heart wasn’t in it and that he was only interested in coming for a huge pay day. It shows that Ole has the basic principles right and that the club is learning from the disastrous Sanchez deal!

I think from above you can all tell I rate, and was excited about, Dybala. I’m actually delighted to see us pull out because we felt his heart wasn’t in it and that he was only interested in coming for a huge pay day. It shows that Ole has the basic principles right and that the club is learning from the disastrous Sanchez deal!
I saw some folks saying Angel Di Maria 2.0. Really didn’t make a lot of sense for both parties.

Back