It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

It’ll either be that or they’ll maybe drop this weekend and go behind closed doors again. The cynic in me thinks that there is too much money in play for the show not to go on.
yeah behind closed doors is probably the best option to keep things going. It's going to suck for fans but better than nothing at all. They've released statements that they plan to keep it going but I wonder if they're under a lot of pressure from more and more clubs to scrap it for a bit and resume later on.

yeah behind closed doors is probably the best option to keep things going. It's going to suck for fans but better than nothing at all. They've released statements that they plan to keep it going but I wonder if they're under a lot of pressure from more and more clubs to scrap it for a bit and resume later on.

They’re under media pressure from the football operations of those clubs. I guarantee you that behind closed doors the money side are lobbying the league to keep the show in the road.

So, after another Ipswich Town FC firing they appoint Kieran Mckenna from MUFC.
I like the appointment given the failure of previous experienced coaches.
Any insights @Joe Mac ?

So, after another Ipswich Town FC firing they appoint Kieran Mckenna from MUFC.
I like the appointment given the failure of previous experienced coaches.
Any insights @joemac ?

He might make a good manager or a better manager than an elite level coach. He apparently has a good tactical eye and put on excellent sessions but didn’t have the full respect of some of the bigger stars because he was a bit school teacher dictatorial in his approach. Conversely that approach could reap dividends in the lower leagues where players are more in need of structure and discipline. It’s a big risk though because he’s never managed even at youth level at either of his previous two clubs, United and Spurs.

He might make a good manager or a better manager than an elite level coach. He apparently has a good tactical eye and put on excellent sessions but didn’t have the full respect of some of the bigger stars because he was a bit school teacher dictatorial in his approach. Conversely that approach could reap dividends in the lower leagues where players are more in need of structure and discipline. It’s a big risk though because he’s never managed even at youth level at either of his previous two clubs, United and Spurs.
Sounds about right although I think he won something with Spurs U18's.
I'm just happy his name isn't Paul given that our last 3 failures have been Cook, Hurst, Lambert lol.
Hopefully he will be able to work with our crop of youngsters and put a team together finally.
I like this appointment as the first one by the new ownership though. A change of direction is much needed.
Apparently he worked with Bielsa also so hopefully we can do a Leeds and finally start climbing the ladder back.
Edited to add, looks like Martyn Pert is coming too. Rangnick must have his own coaches coming in.

Sounds about right although I think he won something with Spurs U18's.
I'm just happy his name isn't Paul given that our last 3 failures have been Cook, Hurst, Lambert lol.
Hopefully he will be able to work with our crop of youngsters and put a team together finally.
I like this appointment as the first one by the new ownership though. A change of direction is much needed.
Apparently he worked with Bielsa also so hopefully we can do a Leeds and finally start climbing the ladder back.
Edited to add, looks like Martyn Pert is coming too. Rangnick must have his own coaches coming in.

Yeah he’s brought in 1 and psychologist and his think there’s another 2 on their way. Himself and Carrick really were Ole’s two right hand men on the sideline so I think it’s fair they tag they're gone too much later.

Just going to try to enjoy the match against Newcastle today because it feels like the festive fixture season is going to be pretty empty. Liverpool have 3 positives today. Fabinho, VvD, and Curtis Jones.

I took an 8 point hit to get some players in (including 2 from villa) then about 10 minutes later they called off the villa game.

Fuck.This.Shit.
I need them to bin off the rest of the games this weekend so we all get reset. It should really be all free transfers when this many games are called off. It’s not fair.

Some weird decisions tonight.

Kane’s challenge was horrendous, the worst of the match, only yellow?

Liverpool 100% a penalty. Not given.

Salah hand balled, shouldn’t have been given as a goal. Was given.

Robertson is probably a red but if you don’t give Kane’s, which is a few degrees worse, how can you give that?

I mean if Liverpool lose I don’t really care but it’s yet more bizarre refereeing in the league this year.

Some weird decisions tonight.

Kane’s challenge was horrendous, the worst of the match, only yellow?

Liverpool 100% a penalty. Not given.

Salah hand balled, shouldn’t have been given as a goal. Was given.

Robertson is probably a red but if you don’t give Kane’s, which is a few degrees worse, how can you give that?

I mean if Liverpool lose I don’t really care but it’s yet more bizarre refereeing in the league this year.

I've long given up trying to figure out officiating in the EPL. Given how terrible Liverpool played with the midfield being completely out and no VvD, a point shared seems fair.
That game was so random. Honestly scratching my head at some of those calls. Spurs and Liverpool should both feel hard done by the result but I think Spurs could have been 3 goals up in the first half with slightly better finishing. Idk it’s a good result I’d have taken that all day.

That game was so random. Honestly scratching my head at some of those calls. Spurs and Liverpool should both feel hard done by the result but I think Spurs could have been 3 goals up in the first half with slightly better finishing. Idk it’s a good result I’d have taken that all day.

Yeah if it wasn’t for a couple of bad misses and Alisson being on form you’d have been out of sight. Then he made the mistake for the equaliser in the end! It was just really bizarre match, but entertaining because of it!

Back