It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Some weird decisions tonight.

Kane’s challenge was horrendous, the worst of the match, only yellow?

Liverpool 100% a penalty. Not given.

Salah hand balled, shouldn’t have been given as a goal. Was given.

Robertson is probably a red but if you don’t give Kane’s, which is a few degrees worse, how can you give that?

I mean if Liverpool lose I don’t really care but it’s yet more bizarre refereeing in the league this year.
By the new definition of the handball rule it’s not an infringement. The only way it would be ruled out is if Salah scored himself after the accidental handball.

Agree with the rest though. Kane and Robbo both deserved reds. Jota should’ve had a pen too.

By the new definition of the handball rule it’s not an infringement. The only way it would be ruled out is if Salah scored himself after the accidental handball.

Agree with the rest though. Kane and Robbo both deserved reds. Jota should’ve had a pen too.

Yeah they were saying that on the tele after the match after I’d posted that. I hadn’t realised it had changed!

After a few months in, I’m still confused about offsides. I’ve seen some plays where I thought for sure it was going to get called, but nope. Maybe I’ll figure it out before the season is over. 😁

After a few months in, I’m still confused about offsides. I’ve seen some plays where I thought for sure it was going to get called, but nope. Maybe I’ll figure it out before the season is over. 😁

At the time that the ball is passed the receiving player needs to have two defenders between him and the goal. There is other qualifiers but that is the basic rule.

This confused me because I didn’t consider the GK as one of the defenders. Usually it will take only one player who’s in line with the attacker to be out of position in an offsides situation.

That’s the way it was explained because if the GK is out of position another defender counts. Like to field players standing on the goal line. It’s a weird situation, but anything can happen.

Liverpool-Leeds and Watford-Wolves no longer playing on Boxing Day due to Covid. How about we just take a month off, preferably till after AFCON concludes. You know, just to be safe.

Free hit available for this game week...I could have done with that last week...damn covid ....and that Villa Chelsea game had 4 of my 8 players left standing ..who produced 2 points between them !

I FREAKING FORGOT TO SET A LINEUP LOL

Not that it matters....Seems like the guys I want will be subbed in due to injuries, suspensions, or just lack of a game for my starters

Plus im so far behind anyhow haha

Me: brings in Lucas Moura because he had a goal and two assists

Lucas Moura: benched

I should have expected it with only 1 day between games 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back