It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Meanwhile, in North American qualifyers, Canada is sitting on top of the standings after a little more than half of the tournament, after beating Mexico with "home ice" advantage. The game was played in Edmonton at -10C with snow banks around the field, LOL. Woot woot!

I seriously never thought we'd ever get a competitive national team. But here we are, taking 4 pts against #9 ranked Mexico in this tournament.

I’m guessing that having Davies and David in a front three in CONCACAF qualifying is a bit like putting a cheat code in on FIFA?

I’m guessing that having Davies and David in a front three in CONCACAF qualifying is a bit like putting a cheat code in on FIFA?
I’m no expert but the depth is building up nicely too it seems. Coach Herdman seems to have put some sort of magic sauce together.

I’m no expert but the depth is building up nicely too it seems. Coach Herdman seems to have put some sort of magic sauce together.

Yeah, all joking aside I did read a piece on him the other day in one of the sports papers and he does come across as bit of an impressive talent and as a really driven man.

Chelsea are too good. Think they’ll win the league unless they lose someone like Mendy, Kanté, or Jorginho to long term injury. Also it’s good to see Leicester fall back down to mid table, at least for now. One less team to worry about for the teams scrambling for that last top 4 spot.

Chelsea are too good. Think they’ll win the league unless they lose someone like Mendy, Kanté, or Jorginho to long term injury. Also it’s good to see Leicester fall back down to mid table, at least for now. One less team to worry about for the teams scrambling for that last top 4 spot.

I think it’s too early to write off Liverpool and City who in lots of ways are better teams but this Chelsea outfit is a bit of a machine. I’m a bit worried about going to Stamford Bridge in a fortnight 😂

I think it’s too early to write off Liverpool and City who in lots of ways are better teams but this Chelsea outfit is a bit of a machine. I’m a bit worried about going to Stamford Bridge in a fortnight 😂
Yeah way too early but they look extremely solid. City could go on a run like they did last year but even if they did I don’t see this Chelsea team dropping a lot of points.

Yeah way too early but they look extremely solid. City could go on a run like they did last year but even if they did I don’t see this Chelsea team dropping a lot of points.

No I agree but city are sitting six points off, but with a game in hand. Liverpool are sitting nicely on the shoulder too. Both of them have the potential to win a lot of consecutive games and if it does become very close and head to heads count both very much outplayed Chelsea, albeit without sealing the deal. I just hope it’s really close come May.

One thing that’s for sure I won’t be sad to see the back of November and our run of fixtures. Hopefully can pick up a few more points over the festive period! Arsenal next week will be an interesting match given their improvement and our drop off!

It really does look to be Chelsea's year. Liverpool aren't bad but we're going to have to deal with the injury bug constantly creeping back in. They didn't sign any replacements outside of Konate, which was definitely an area of need. But midfield has been devastated by injuries and has very little depth. Then we have to contend with AFCON next month which will take Salah and Mane away for 4-5 matches, including against Chelsea. Now Chelsea has to lose Mendy for the same time. I think Liverpool's loss is greater since it's taking away our top two scoring options at a time when we need to keep pace with Chelsea and take advantage of them getting a draw or a rare loss. I think City has the best chance to keep up with Chelsea.

Back