It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Personally I love international breaks. This Italy-Spain match had a tense ending. Too bad the Italians couldn’t pull it off.
Yeah they aren’t all terrible. These Nations league matches, some make or break USMNT matches, but most of the time they’re incredibly dull.

looks like Newcastle might get bought out and their potential owners are extremely wealthy

p88t931s51s71.jpg

looks like Newcastle might get bought out and their potential owners are extremely wealthy

p88t931s51s71.jpg

Well yeah it’s the Saudi state. Which means that the Premier League and English football is happy to be a platform for a sports washing project by the single most malignant state in the world. Woo tucking hoo.

Nothing against the barcodes, I’m sure they’re looking at Ashley and just want him out, I can empathise with that for sure, but there is no good in this.

TBH I don't think its fair to to target the fans & definitely not to imply they have any influence on, or are somehow responsible for what the Saudi state does. A more considered commentary would look at the Premier League & Government sanctions. The human rights abuses should be discussed, and there is big opportunity for education, but surely it's the government that should be lobbied.

TBH I don't think its fair to to target the fans & definitely not to imply they have any influence on, or are somehow responsible for what the Saudi state does. A more considered commentary would look at the Premier League & Government sanctions. The human rights abuses should be discussed, and there is big opportunity for education, but surely it's the government that should be lobbied.

It’s a different issue though. I am totally uncomfortable with the British government trading arms and having such close ties with the Saudi state.

I also can’t for the life of me understand how the premier league can have any “fit and proper persons test” that allows the Saudi state to pass. Not to mention what legal guarantees can you take from an absolute monarchy that a company that it set up for their benefit and chaired by their leader is an independent entity from them?

This should never have happened but that doesn’t mean that it’s unfair to feel slightly nauseous at the sort of giddy hysteria at the same Saudi state being proclaimed as “saviours” from the “suffering” under a dodgy tracksuit salesman.

Torn about buying an AFC Richmond jersey - cool or corny?
Both! I have some friends who've bought it and they look decent. They recommend that you order a size down because the sizing is massive. I'm debating getting one myself, but I might let my family get that for me for Xmas since it's an easy gift.

Last edited:
Back