It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

So when are they gonna fire Ole?

As much as these poor home efforts and decisions to not have Ronaldo on the field are hurting my fpl results - not being a United person it's kind of pleasing to watch United crumble at home.

Sorry @Joe Mac
Keep him! With a competent manager this United squad wins the league. We donā€™t want that.

Keep him! With a competent manager this United squad wins the league. We donā€™t want that.

Nah. Weā€™re one or two centre midfielders away. Canā€™t control the midfield battle with whatā€™s in there now, theyā€™re either too safe or wide open. Itā€™s better than Louis Jose and Davie though!

These two teams are world class. This game is a huge step up from the general quality Iā€™ve seen so far and itā€™s been a good start to the premier league in general.

100%. my takeaway so far is that Chelsea maybe are not quite as excellent as everyone thought. They're a top 3 club don't get me wrong and I know they were without some offensive talent against City, but they were home like Liverpool and never really had control over that match. Liverpool are missing Trent and they could've maintained control if not for City just being so good. Even with a minute to go it feels like anything could happen.

100% my takeaway so far is that Chelsea maybe are not quite as excellent as everyone thought. They're a top 3 club don't get me wrong and I know they were without some offensive talent against City, but they were home like Liverpool and never really had control over that match. Liverpool are missing Trent and they could've maintained control if not for City just being so good. Even with a minute to go it feels like anything could happen.

Chelsea will do well because theyā€™re solid and well coached which makes them incredibly difficult to beat. It does come at a little bit of a cost to them offensively, it feels like they lack creativity, but they will be there or there abouts because of it. My take away is that Lukaku hasnā€™t undergone some mad transformation, I see all the same flaws from his time in red. Rather the Italian league canā€™t be very goodā€¦

United are almost the opposite. Galaxy of attackers but no midfield quality to tie the play together. My kingdom for a Scholes!

These two have both though, great going forward and really dogged and determined defensively.

Last edited:
Back