It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Premier League - League

FA Cup - knockout competition with every team in the English Football Pyramid. English Pyramid is something like 15 levels which includes professional leagues, semi-pro and full amateurs. Begins later in the year.

EFL Cup - knockout competition with every team in the English League system (professional clubs, levels on the pyramid 2-4 + Premier League)

Every country has some sort of format like this. Spain has Copa Del Ray, Germany DFB Pokal, Italy Copa Italia, etc.

European Competitions (UEFA inter country comps based on country coefficient) include:

Champions League - Premier competition composing of the top 4 teams from the Premier League previous season, and possibly 5 if an English team won the previous Europa League. This is why Spain has 5 teams in the CL this season.

Europa League - Secondary European cup competition. Includes teams 5 & 6 from the previous Premier League season. Leicester are in this one. Winner of the Europa automatically makes Champions League the next season.

Europa Conference League - New third tier competition that started only this season. Previously 7th placed team in the Premier League would have to go through additional qualifying rounds to get into Europa, but now they have a two-legged playoff for every team that qualified to get in this one. Lots of teams from weaker European leagues like Austria, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Belarus, Bulgaria, Gibraltar, etc will be in this one along with 7th place finishers from top leagues (England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Portugal). Winner of this comp will get into Europa for next season.

It’s not that complicated 😉

@boojy is getting excited! @wokeupnew is already drowning his sorrows!

You’ve absolutely played them off the park though. Spurs’ midfield has been non existent, almost feel sorry for their front three, just been launching it from the back in their vague direction.
Yeah we let a very shit Arsenal team walk all over us. Fair play to them for taking advantage and making Spurs look terrible. I don’t understand Nuno’s team selection at all. That midfield was wide open, going back to Dier/Sanchez when Romero was brought in for games like this. Kane continues to look absolutely knackered and disinterested. Second half was much better and I thought Skipp, Gil and Emerson were positive after the break. They all should have started and maybe it would have been closer. Dele, Tanguy, I don’t know. Play the kids let’s see what they can do ffs. Nuno blew his team selection and I don’t know what his plan is. He’s in over his head and I think he needs to go.

I’m worried

Yeah we let a very shit Arsenal team walk all over us. Fair play to them for taking advantage and making Spurs look terrible. I don’t understand Nuno’s team selection at all. That midfield was wide open, going back to Dier/Sanchez when Romero was brought in for games like this. Kane continues to look absolutely knackered and disinterested. Second half was much better and I thought Skipp, Gil and Emerson were positive after the break. They all should have started and maybe it would have been closer. Dele, Tanguy, I don’t know. Play the kids let’s see what they can do ffs. Nuno blew his team selection and I don’t know what his plan is. He’s in over his head and I think he needs to go.

I’m worried

You’re calling for a managers head after 5 games 😱

I don’t think Arsenal are as bad as you’re making out either. They’ve bought well over the summer and honestly I’ve thought that once players settle that they could have a better year…

You’re calling for a managers head after 5 games 😱

I don’t think Arsenal are as bad as you’re making out either. They’ve bought well over the summer and honestly I’ve thought that once players settle that they could have a better year…
The football is fucking awful. Far worse than José

There’s nothing encouraging about Nunoball at all. It’ll get worse, you’ll see. He needs to go. Ryan Mason would genuinely be a better option.

it might, it might not. The idea that a manager needs to go after 5 games is so alien to everything I believe in though!

Also, not being funny, but who are you going to get? Managers were falling over themselves trying not to go there over the summer.

it might, it might not. The idea that a manager needs to go after 5 games is so alien to everything I believe in though!

Also, not being funny, but who are you going to get? Managers were falling over themselves trying not to go there over the summer.
I don't know, like I said Ryan Mason would be an improvement. Not the best option but an improvement because the football can't get much worse. It's fucking awful. It's the worse I've ever seen Spurs play in my time as a fan.

See again:

I don't know, like I said Ryan Mason would be an improvement. Not the best option but an improvement because the football can't get much worse. It's fucking awful. It's the worse I've ever seen Spurs play in my time as a fan.

See again:

And you believed them? Nuno is a defensive manager, the minute he signed thats gone. To sack a manager after 5 games when he’s signed players is nuts. He’s probably not figured out the coffee machine fully yet nevermind had chance to fully implement a game plan. If you get in that cycle you’ll end up with a yearly compensation fee to a celebrity manager and a huge overpaid and disjointed squad. Nothing good ever comes from constant managerial flux.

And you believed them? Nuno is a defensive manager, the minute he signed thats gone. To sack a manager after 5 games when he’s signed players is nuts. He’s probably not figured out the coffee machine fully yet nevermind had chance to fully implement a game plan. If you get in that cycle you’ll end up with a yearly compensation fee to a celebrity manager and a huge overpaid and disjointed squad. Nothing good ever comes from constant managerial flux.
Nothing good is going to come from continuing to play god awful football. This is Nuno's game plan. This is it. The players hate it, the fans hate it, it's just not working. Get Nuno out, IDGAF who we bring it but he's not working. The players the club signed are good, but he didn't play them. If he did, maybe the results would be better. It's a failure of the manager to not get the best out of the players and get results. The new players will be perfectly fine with whoever comes in. Just get Nuno gone.

Back