It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Erm not so much, living in a country whose national team play in Green I’ve never had a problem with that and my eyes are shit! It’s usually silvers and greys that are harder to see because they blur in against the crowd.

I was thinking more about in the field with split second decisions.

I was thinking more about in the field with split second decisions.

You think? I’m not convinced. The pitch isn’t really in your peripheral vision in the same way that the crowd or people on the sideline would be given that you’re 5-6 foot above it. Well unless you’re playing on some of the steep gradient mud baths in parks that were amateur pitches in the UK when I was a kid. That said they were probably more mud coloured than green at that time of the year…

Plus if you can easily tell the players as a fan in the stands where you are looking down on both it’s not that bad.

We have the Las Vegas Lights who play in the USL Championship league. I should probably catch a match.
Every time in the past 3 years when I've visited my parents in Connecticut I've somehow missed out on catching a Hartford Athletic game in the USL Championship as well. I really want to eventually get to a game one of these times I'm down. I'd probably be better off trying to get to a CF Montreal game since they're technically closest right now.

I only follow football here and there, but I've been watching the Canadian internationals and there's something happening with that men's team. Big point at Azteca last week and what a goal by Davies tonight.

Scored my first jersey off eBay. I know it’s from last season but it was only $46 dlvd.
Won a Vardy jersey last night for $43 dlvd.

View attachment 114968
Just be careful that those aren’t fakes! Nothing wrong with fakes, they’ve gotten so good that you can barely tell the difference. But you should google the code on the tags to see if it matches the actual Liverpool kit. It’ll be something like ###-###### on an inside tag. I also bought a couple of kits on ebay in the past thinking they were legit only to find out they’re fakes. My only complaint with them is that they run a little small.

Just be careful that those aren’t fakes! Nothing wrong with fakes, they’ve gotten so good that you can barely tell the difference. But you should google the code on the tags to see if it matches the actual Liverpool kit. It’ll be something like ###-###### on an inside tag. I also bought a couple of kits on ebay in the past thinking they were legit only to find out they’re fakes. My only complaint with them is that they run a little small.

These are the tags on the Liverpool kit.
The Nike and LFC logos are embroidered.

2BD334E6-1698-4CC3-B073-1541B10BD864.jpeg3D146589-601F-47BE-981C-AE7927EFC6AA.jpeg7E4809A7-D371-4F86-B8F9-253DA769F5B0.jpeg

Scored my first jersey off eBay. I know it’s from last season but it was only $46 dlvd.
Won a Vardy jersey last night for $43 dlvd.

View attachment 114968
My tip - if you aren't bothered by being current, consider waiting until the end of the season and most clubs will sell off their strips cheap before the new season designs come out. Means you give money to the club, and you can guarantee they are genuine.

These are the tags on the Liverpool kit.
The Nike and LFC logos are embroidered.

View attachment 114970View attachment 114971View attachment 114972
Search for that CZ number. If that shows a Liverpool kit then it’s real. If it’s something else then it’s fake

Edit: that looks to be real!!

9FB1959B-81F9-4D22-B300-C840D5594D63.png

Do you mind sharing which buyer you bought that from for $46 shipped? I’ve only found cheap kits in that price range as fakes. If they’ve got Pool and Leicester they may have some others

I don’t
My tip - if you aren't bothered by being current, consider waiting until the end of the season and most clubs will sell off their strips cheap before the new season designs come out. Means you give money to the club, and you can guarantee they are genuine.
I will definitely do that. I don’t normally buy a lot of jerseys from eBay and if I do, I make sure it’s from sellers that I’ve either bought from before or that use real photos and have excellent feedback.
I just wanted something to wet my appetite for now. 🍻

Search for that CZ number. If that shows a Liverpool kit then it’s real. If it’s something else then it’s fake

Edit: that looks to be real!!

View attachment 114976

Do you mind sharing which buyer you bought that from for $46 shipped? I’ve only found cheap kits in that price range as fakes. If they’ve got Pool and Leicester they may have some others

Chuwy9 is the seller. It was actually $49.85 after tax, but shipping was free.
Thanks for confirming that it’s real!

Woah! He might play for that shower but credit where credit is due, Mo Salah is,
on current form, the best player in the world. That goal was outstanding, a step or two up even from the one against city.
Took me up until this week to learn to always captain Salah in FPL. I hate Liverpool as well but I can’t hate Salah, he’s a phenomenal player.

Took me up until this week to learn to always captain Salah in FPL. I hate Liverpool as well but I can’t hate Salah, he’s a phenomenal player.

With him and Ronaldo in the team I will occasionally swap (Norwich and Watford both look leaky as hell) but yeah more often than not he’s the pick. And that’s coming from someone who generally doesn’t ever want scousers in his team, he is that good that he kind of transcends rivalry, well apart from when he’s playing us of course 😂

Back