It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

The last time Scotland’s mens team qualified for a tournament I’d been on the internet once and not seen a pdf.

You’d been on the internet in 1998? Fancy! I think it was into the 21st century before I got online!

I don't even know if we had a computer in '98.

Congrats on the cup double btw!

You’d been on the internet in 1998? Fancy! I think it was into the 21st century before I got online!
Oh, we didn’t have a computer. I remember going to a computer fair in Dundee and getting a go on the internet and looking at the Shamen’s website as it was meant to be one of the fanciest ones out there at the time.

At a push I may also have sampled the original NME.com in Perth Library.

@Skacel - thanks. I’m not sure it’s possible to put across to the non-Scottish posters how big a deal it is! We were 10,000-1 to win both at the start of the season! I got 20-1 a few weeks ago on the Scottish Cup alone.

IIRC Brazil was lucky to win that group stage game.
Yes, thanks to an OG from Tom Boyd, the only Scotsman to score for Brazil at a World Cup (though I’d hardly be surprised if it had happened before in the dimmer and even more distant past).

Yes, thanks to an OG from Tom Boyd, the only Scotsman to score for Brazil at a World Cup (though I’d hardly be surprised if it had happened before in the dimmer and even more distant past).
Didn’t Scotland also draw Brazil in 1990? Not that that was a particularly strong Brazil squad (getting knocked out at the round of 16 means this was one of Brazil’s worst WC finishes ever).

Didn’t Scotland also draw Brazil in 1990? Not that that was a particularly strong Brazil squad (getting knocked out at the round of 16 means this was one of Brazil’s worst WC finishes ever).

I think they’ve played a few times. I think it was 82 (maybe) when they started brilliantly and scored a scorcher from 30 odd yards out to go 1-0 and just ended up angering the Brazilians and losing 4-1.

My Dad used to indoctrinate us as kids with Scotland videos to stop us following England lol.

Congrats to Brentford on their promotion!

giphy.gif

Back