Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

I was able to get a good price on it from TurntableLab. I dunno if it’s just psychosomatic, but it sure feels like it sounds better than the deer leather mat that was on there.
I tried a few different things on both those tables including a Herbies, felt, leather, and stock. The FF sounded best in my setup at the time.

Finishing up on a totally different system variation, with high powered tube amps, and "non horn" speakers.

A big departure for me, but I'm again, blown away right now.

Middle: Audio Research VT100 MKII, and/or Sonic Frontiers SFM-160 monoblocks.

Halcyon-Mark Audio floorstanders custom built by Jon Anderson!

IMG_6748.jpgIMG_6740.jpg

Glad you posted this here.. saw it on the other thread. Those look fantastic! I just want to plop myself down in your chair!

Finishing up on a totally different system variation, with high powered tube amps, and "non horn" speakers.

A big departure for me, but I'm again, blown away right now.

Middle: Audio Research VT100 MKII, and/or Sonic Frontiers SFM-160 monoblocks.

Halcyon-Mark Audio floorstanders custom built by Jon Anderson!

View attachment 189944View attachment 189945
How deep are those?

The M-700u has arrived. It’s a looker IMO. Just beautiful.

It’s really cold here today so not even plugging it in until it has a few hours to adjust to the house temperature.

It only takes a spade or bare wire speaker connection so need to work on that. I ordered a banana to spade adapter but we’ll have to see it if works. Today I’m just gonna use some old fashioned clear 12g speaker wire with bare ends.

More to come. View attachment 189825View attachment 189826
Hubba fucking hubba. I forgive you for letting go of your Luxman integrated now.

Wait, I thought you were selling the Harbeths. Skylan stands seem more like a commitment to me. ;)
It is a commitment. Decided not to push my luck, and the new amp has done wonders.

I have 3 speakers I want to try in my room at some point… the KLH 5, JBL L82, and Spendor Classic 3/1’s. Three very different designs but all intriguing to me.

It is a commitment. Decided not to push my luck, and the new amp has done wonders.

I have 3 speakers I want to try in my room at some point… the KLH 5, JBL L82, and Spendor Classic 3/1’s. Three very different designs but all intriguing to me.
I’m probably buying the L82 this week. A little nervous about their bass output in my apartment but recall liking them at a shop audition

I’m probably buying the L82 this week. A little nervous about their bass output in my apartment but recall liking them at a shop audition
Congrats! Report back with pics and impressions. What color grilles you going with? I’m all about the orange personally, but they all look fantastic to me.

The M-700u has arrived. It’s a looker IMO. Just beautiful.

It’s really cold here today so not even plugging it in until it has a few hours to adjust to the house temperature.

It only takes a spade or bare wire speaker connection so need to work on that. I ordered a banana to spade adapter but we’ll have to see it if works. Today I’m just gonna use some old fashioned clear 12g speaker wire with bare ends.

More to come. View attachment 189825View attachment 189826
That’s one mighty fine looking amp. Did I say that “I like big amps, I cannot lie?”

Back