Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

My new piece of kit is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I feel like everytime I buy a piece of gear I’m excited for it never shows up on the expected ETA, something always runs amuck lol.

Hoping this time tomorrow I’ll have it in hands with pictures to share for y’all!

Love my Senns, just so consistently easy and engaging to listen to. I can listen to them all day long and never feel like I HAVE to take them off. I have a pair of Sony WM1005s (i think that’s what they’re called) and I can only ever listen for 2-3 hours before they have to come off because of how uncomfortable on my head they are.

Also four years in and I’m just now having to look into getting replacement pads for my Senns. Great pick up!
They are very comfortable. I listened until midnight and have had them back on since 6am. I keep forgetting I’m wearing them.

Tonight was again yet another benchmark, and some of the most pleasant audio I have encountered in many years. There is a very big surprise coming also. For now these Lii Audio F-6S speakers are the reason for a big possible change coming. I am speechless for now in the best way. :)

Today was a special day. After listening to a pair of 6" Lii Audio speakers a while back I was really impressed. I feel very fortunate to have had a sneak peek session with these new fresh built amazing speakers. I took Sarah to meet with the pictured Decware HDTvII's and their 8” drivers and it was probably the best I have heard that room sound. That room belongs to my friend, and speaker builder Jon Anderson. I cannot wait to hear them in my main room next week. I love walnut btw.

Sarah+HDTv2=WOW!

Today was a special day. After listening to a pair of 6" Lii Audio speakers a while back I was really impressed. I feel very fortunate to have had a sneak peek session with these new fresh built amazing speakers. I took Sarah to meet with the pictured Decware HDTvII's and their 8” drivers and it was probably the best I have heard that room sound. That room belongs to my friend, and speaker builder Jon Anderson. I cannot wait to hear them in my main room next week. I love walnut btw.

Sarah+HDTv2=WOW!

Wow, those are gorgeous. I’ve also heard phenomenal things about those decwares. Apparently there’s quite the waiting list to get your hands on one.

Is that the tweeter on the top of the speaker there?

Is it probably a bad idea to stack a 50lb amp on top of a Sutherland Insight or do we think it can take the weight lol

Alright. Where do I start on my thoughts for the Kinki Studios EX-M1?

Last night my wife and I spent a couple hours throwing on record after record. We started with Getz/Gilberto, went onto Bill Evans Sunday At The Village Vanguard, and ended our night peacefully dozing off to Miles’ In A Silent Way.

My impressions are: I’m very very pleased hahah. I feel like the NAD was acting as a bit of a dam on the other components, I could tell that the UD, Hana, Sutherland and Lintons had so much more to give but were being restrained by the weakest link in the system. Last night was an experience of what felt like sonic equilibrium. The Kinki is so good it made me fall more deeply in love with my Lintons, my Hana, my Insight and MoFi. Feels like I finally got to see what this little family of components was capable of.

We were just giddy and having so much fun hearing so many things that we didn’t before. I could actually hear persistent background conversations in Sunday At The Village Vanguard, before I had only noticed the clinking of the glasses and silverware which I already thought was impressive. In A Silent Way on my last system felt very crowded and presented like a wall. Last night it had incredible depth and width, I could enjoy the music and its layers, they stretched out over a vast plane, which helped me analyze it and piece it all together conceptually in a way I never understood it before. Stan Getz on Getz/Gilberto felt 10 feet tall, like he was wailing on his saxophone above our heads. I felt like I could actually hear the drummer trying to keep time as opposed to registering it before as surgically robotic drum noises? The cymbal decay was a thing to behold man, so beautiful, it would just cascade down over you like fairy dust 🤣

Everything sounds gorgeous.

I sound crazy but I’m so stoked. I finally feel like I reproduced that show room quality sound but in my awkwardly shaped living room. Anyways, starting the morning with:

• Sonny Rollins on Impulse

Then continuing my A-Z collection walkthrough with

• Stan Getz - Jazz Samba
• Stan Getz - Jazz Samba Encore!

And then on to a handful of Stanley Turrentine records.

Thank you to @mindhead1 for putting me down the Kinki Studios rabbit hole.

Alright. Where do I start on my thoughts for the Kinki Studios EX-M1?

Last night my wife and I spent a couple hours throwing on record after record. We started with Getz/Gilberto, went onto Bill Evans Sunday At The Village Vanguard, and ended our night peacefully dozing off to Miles’ In A Silent Way.

My impressions are: I’m very very pleased hahah. I feel like the NAD was acting as a bit of a dam on the other components, I could tell that the UD, Hana, Sutherland and Lintons had so much more to give but were being restrained by the weakest link in the system. Last night was an experience of what felt like sonic equilibrium. The Kinki is so good it made me fall more deeply in love with my Lintons, my Hana, my Insight and MoFi. Feels like I finally got to see what this little family of components was capable of.

We were just giddy and having so much fun hearing so many things that we didn’t before. I could actually hear persistent background conversations in Sunday At The Village Vanguard, before I had only noticed the clinking of the glasses and silverware which I already thought was impressive. In A Silent Way on my last system felt very crowded and presented like a wall. Last night it had incredible depth and width, I could enjoy the music and its layers, they stretched out over a vast plane, which helped me analyze it and piece it all together conceptually in a way I never understood it before. Stan Getz on Getz/Gilberto felt 10 feet tall, like he was wailing on his saxophone above our heads. I felt like I could actually hear the drummer trying to keep time as opposed to registering it before as surgically robotic drum noises? The cymbal decay was a thing to behold man, so beautiful, it would just cascade down over you like fairy dust 🤣

Everything sounds gorgeous.

I sound crazy but I’m so stoked. I finally feel like I reproduced that show room quality sound but in my awkwardly shaped living room. Anyways, starting the morning with:

• Sonny Rollins on Impulse

Then continuing my A-Z collection walkthrough with

• Stan Getz - Jazz Samba
• Stan Getz - Jazz Samba Encore!

And then on to a handful of Stanley Turrentine records.

Thank you to @mindhead1 for putting me down the Kinki Studios rabbit hole.
This is a tempting rabbithole for me to go down…but I’m afraid I will never not read the name of the amp in an Austin powers voice

Back