Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

Thinking about spending some coin on a Butcher Block Acoustics platform for my 1210GR. I know I can DIY to save money but I’m not overly worried about the cost difference to convenience factor here. Anyone using a BBA platform in their setup?
I have a butcher block acoustics platform under my Ultradeck. Got it on sale. It’s helped footfalls a bunch. I also have the ikea butcher block under my upstairs Thorens and it has a similar effect. Both look nice (BBA is nicer).

I’m not sure I notice a gigantic difference in sound but I mostly got it for footfalls. Our house is from 1870 and we have some bouncy floors!

IMG_1115.jpeg

I have a butcher block acoustics platform under my Ultradeck. Got it on sale. It’s helped footfalls a bunch. I also have the ikea butcher block under my upstairs Thorens and it has a similar effect. Both look nice (BBA is nicer).

I’m not sure I notice a gigantic difference in sound but I mostly got it for footfalls. Our house is from 1870 and we have some bouncy floors!
Yeah, there are roofers nearby and their constant machining is causing noticeable noise. I get a little wobble when neighbors are walking too heavy. So just want to get something heavy as hell to compensate for old springy floors.

Thinking about spending some coin on a Butcher Block Acoustics platform for my 1210GR. I know I can DIY to save money but I’m not overly worried about the cost difference to convenience factor here. Anyone using a BBA platform in their setup?
I use two of them under components. Very nicely finished, I plan on adding a couple more when I change my audio rack. Worth the money IMHO.

I use two of them under components. Very nicely finished, I plan on adding a couple more when I change my audio rack. Worth the money IMHO.
Which components do you put them under? I only have the BBA/ikea butcher block under my turntable but I have those rubber/cork squares or something similar under most of my gear now

Currently under my streamer and DAC. The streamer was an mis-measurement issue as it was for my tube phono pre, but I goofed when selecting the size. It fits, but is a little too small to look right. Made an audible improvement though when I tried it under the phono.
I goofed a bit on the one under my TT as well. It fits but it’s not the same width as the TT base which would have been nicer looking haha

Currently under my streamer and DAC. The streamer was an mis-measurement issue as it was for my tube phono pre, but I goofed when selecting the size. It fits, but is a little too small to look right. Made an audible improvement though when I tried it under the phono.
Well, I just ordered the better size for my Allnic tube phono. Once I admitted it I was shaming myself into ordering it.

Did a little something.

Family discussions over the holiday made clear that the music from the stereo being on basically all day, even at low volumes, eventually grates on others in the house. So a headphone setup it is.

Decided on the 660S2’s and then found the HDVA 600 new in box so jumped even though I was skeptical that it was new. The price was similar to the used ones so jumped.

It certainly looks new. I see no signs of use at any of the inputs/outputs.

I’ll discuss them more in the Headphones thread but looking forward to giving the setup a go. And I hope that when I use the speaker system in the future I’ll get some latitude since I’m using the headphones more.

Time will tell. 😂

IMG_0521.jpeg

Last edited:
Love my Senns, just so consistently easy and engaging to listen to. I can listen to them all day long and never feel like I HAVE to take them off. I have a pair of Sony WM1005s (i think that’s what they’re called) and I can only ever listen for 2-3 hours before they have to come off because of how uncomfortable on my head they are.

Also four years in and I’m just now having to look into getting replacement pads for my Senns. Great pick up!

Back