Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

I looked up that which led me to look up more of the Radiohead singles on vinyl. Then I saw how much Street Spirit which has Talk Show Host is selling for and now I'm sad.

I also passed up an opportunity to buy the In Rainbows box set on Discogs for $150 shipped. I want to but I shouldn't.

I looked up that which led me to look up more of the Radiohead singles on vinyl. Then I saw how much Street Spirit which has Talk Show Host is selling for and now I'm sad.

I also passed up an opportunity to buy the In Rainbows box set on Discogs for $150 shipped. I want to but I shouldn't.
Yes you should...it’s amazing and won’t regret it

Don't tempt me, Crabbers.

hqdefault1.jpg

Got my OG HTTT in today. Oh baby.

The jacket is great and the inner sleeves are also in top condition but they do have seam splits. Its understandable, as those discs are heavy and sharp.

People, why isn’t everything pressed at 45rpm, seriously? You know it. I know it. They know. It’s superlative to 33rpm and things sounds so much more delicious. Stop pussyfooting around and gives us premium sonic fidelity, goddammit. If Kid Amnesiac happens and it’s not cut at 45, man oh man...I will just have to buy it anyway.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that this HTTT sounds freaking sweet

The jacket is great and the inner sleeves are also in top condition but they do have seam splits. Its understandable, as those discs are heavy and sharp.

People, why isn’t everything pressed at 45rpm, seriously? You know it. I know it. They know. It’s superlative to 33rpm and things sounds so much more delicious. Stop pussyfooting around and gives us premium sonic fidelity, goddammit. If Kid Amnesiac happens and it’s not cut at 45, man oh man...I will just have to buy it anyway.

I would say the reason is all that flipping, but my copy of Kid A is 33 1/3 RPM on 2 10” records, so yeah, a 2 LP 45rpm set would be an improvement.

I would say the reason is all that flipping, but my copy of Kid A is 33 1/3 RPM on 2 10” records, so yeah, a 2 LP 45rpm set would be an improvement.

There are some really good sounding copies of that 2x10 though. The OGs are excellent and the 2008 Capitol was not bad at all considering how shit they usually are. The only 12” which is the 2016 1LP 33 on the other hand is almost universally derided as a shit press.

Last edited:

Welcome to the OG club🥃

I’m cool with the flipping but I listen in a spot close to my turntable. I’d be cooler with 2LP at 45 though.
1615676918611.gif

There are some really good sounding copies of that 2x10 though. The OGs are excellent and the 2008 Capitol was not bad at all considering how shit they usually are. The only 12” which is the 2016 1LP 33 on the other hand is almost universally derided as a shit press.
I do have an OG European Amnesic and it does sound real pretty.

Welcome to the OG club🥃
Thanks @Crabbers. You guys inspire me for the hunt.

I have OG’d of In Rainbows, KOL, Amnesic, I Might Be Wrong, OK Computer and now HTTT. I guess you include AMSP special edition in that too.

I have a The Bends but it’s the mystery pressing without the pound sign in the Parlaphone mark.

I’m cool with the flipping but I listen in a spot close to my turntable. I’d be cooler with 2LP at 45 though.
View attachment 91852

I do have an OG European Amnesic and it does sound real pretty.

Thanks @Crabbers. You guys inspire me for the hunt.

I have OG’d of In Rainbows, KOL, Amnesic, I Might Be Wrong, OK Computer and now HTTT. I guess you include AMSP special edition in that too.

I have a The Bends but it’s the mystery pressing without the pound sign in the Parlaphone mark.
Then that bends ain’t an og unfortunately:(

Thanks! What is the key to making sure your buying the correct version of this? Just Parlaphone on the labels? There seems to be so much noise around different Radiohead presses and I want to make sure I end up with the right one.
As far I’m aware the only visible difference is the records themselves as below..

2AB7C202-15B4-49A7-85D9-0630BABFDDBF.jpeg

It’s missing the signature Parlaphone pound sign in the trade mark circle on the labels.

I bought mine from a dealer who was selling it as original. He was kind enough to send me some pics and that’s when I noticed the missing stamp. When I told him it wasn’t what he thought it was and sent him link to Discogs he dropped the price substantially. Like @Joe Mac I was fairly happy with it. It was little dirty when I got it but haven’t bothered to look at upgrading to an OG.

This is the one I have. It was the last Parlophone repress before XL bought the rights. It sounds fantastic!

Found a seller on eBay unloading a bunch of rare promo shit...take a look at some of his other he’s unloading

Also seems to be charity auctions too so double awesome!

Back