Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

It always comes down...but this is a grail

Given the quality of the b sides of the era there really does need to be an OKNOTOK equivalent for The Bends!

Edit: my phone autocorrecting does to doesn’t shows it really knows I need to stop spending...

Last edited:
Since we're on the topic of Kid Amnesiac, I'm listening to my 10" Capitol press of Kid A [it's an album that comprises half of Kid Amnesiac, all the odd-numbered tracks - yeah I know it's a little choppy to listen to this way and the transitions aren't nearly as smooth overall, but this is the only way to listen to these songs on wax {for now, at least} and Idioteque actually segues nicely into Morning Bell, so it's not all bad], and...is it weird if I feel like it sounds ok?

Reading this thread, it generally seems like I have the worst versions of all of their releases, haha, but my Kid A 10" albums still sound better than Spotify or my CDs. I don't have any surface noise and feel like I have decent separation to hear more of what's going on than I can through other media.

Or is there less of a difference between the Kid A pressings than with some of the other albums?

I'm going through my Radiohead vinyl now and taking notes:
- I noticed my 2016 XL repress of The Bends sounded good for the most part but sometimes the electric guitar specifically sounded kind of thin or digital.
- My 2016 XL repress of OK computer sounded better overall, but had a tiny bit of crackle during a quiet part on "Exit Music" and one tiny little pop on "Lucky" but otherwise sounded very crisp and clean.
- It looks like I have the 2008 10"x2 "MASTERED BY CAPITOL"-stamped Rainbo press of Kid A. Side "alpha" sounds phenomenal to me. Side "beta" didn't really blow me away (but I don't have it turned up very loud since it's after 9pm and my apt walls aren't the most soundproof). Side "gamma" and "delta" sound great to me. Looking through discogs though, it looks like the OG parlophone presses have fun words in the deadwax that mine doesn't have. But other than that, I feel like I'm pretty happy with this pressing. I honestly don't even remember where I picked it up since I bought it years before I had a turntable just because I liked the album so much and wanted to own it on as many formats as possible, haha. Weirdly, the discogs entry for this one says "Limited Edition" but there doesn't really seem to be anything special about it that I can tell.
Welp - I spoke too soon. Just spun my 2016 2Lp 45 rpm xl repress of amnesiac for the first time and the discs were pretty dirty and scuffed up from the printed inner sleeves. A good amount of surface noise throughout, even after cleaning. It’s not the worst brand new record I’ve heard, but would definitely like to upgrade this one.

Just finished with Stanley Donwoods' "There Will Be No Quiet". This thing is cool and the quality of the book is amazing. 16145713572711668289226390073737.jpg

I'm thinking about grabbing a normal edition so I can pass it around to some friends to read. It's very interesting.

Was there a common issue with the in rainbows box set? I seem to recall surface noise issues or something like that to look out for? Am I making that up?😀. Might make a move on one and want to make sure this copy doesn’t have the, ahh, potentially made up issue that I’m referring to.

Was there a common issue with the in rainbows box set? I seem to recall surface noise issues or something like that to look out for? Am I making that up?😀. Might make a move on one and want to make sure this copy doesn’t have the, ahh, potentially made up issue that I’m referring to.
Yes, some of them have a whoosh. I think on side 3? I think?

Let’s have some fun and discussion(sorry for all thinking this post is about a new album too)😂

as I was driving to work today I streamed decks dark and got me thinking...what’s everyone’s favorite song off an album?

I’ll start it off:
Pablo Honey -Thinking About You...I can’t help myself just singing this out loud

The Bends-Street Spirit (fade out) just an all time classic

OK Computer-this one is tough but I’ll go Lucky over Exit Music( for a film) lucky gets the nod because it has provided me my favorite concert moment ever. It was Pouring down rain and I was in a poncho and holding an umbrella, lucky came on real early in the set and during the song, just said fuck it while singing out loud. Got drenched but one of my favorite concerts ever

Kid A- idioteque ...such a banger live

Amnesiac-I Might Be Wrong...bumps

Hail to the Thief-A Punch Up at a Wedding ...this will always be my favorite because it takes me back in time to when it was released always

In Rainbows-this is a tough one but I’ll give the nod to Weird Fishes. Really can’t go wrong with any off this album though except maybe Faust arp 😂

TKOL-I’ll give slight edge to separator over codex just because the rumor mill surrounding separator when this was released was insane

AMSP-decks dark ...the shit

Top 3 b sides:
How Can You Be Sure?
Gagging Order
Fog(again) live

now let’s hear yours Radiohead family :)

Last edited:
Back