Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Interesting

Pablo Honey: Creep - The obvious choice I suppose but still the one I like the best

The Bends: The Bends - A toss up between this and Street Spirit (Fade Out) but this is the one that I love to sing along to.

OK Computer: Lucky - Was debating between this and Paranoid Android, both were transcendent at Glastonbury when I saw them but this just edges it as a great sing a long.

Kid A: How To Disappear Completely - My absolute favourite Radiohead song and close to my favourite song by any artist.

Amnesiac: Like Spinning Plates - Great song that’s both completely different, and better, live.

Hail To The Thief: There There - Great song that is HUGE live

In Rainbows: Videotape - This one moves me every time.

The King of Limbs: Codex - One of two great songs, Lotus Flower is the other, on their weakest post debut album.

A Moon Shaped Pool: Burn The Witch - Great tube and I love the video too!

Interesting

Pablo Honey: Creep - The obvious choice I suppose but still the one I like the best

The Bends: The Bends - A toss up between this and Street Spirit (Fade Out) but this is the one that I love to sing along to.

OK Computer: Lucky - Was debating between this and Paranoid Android, both were transcendent at Glastonbury when I saw them but this just edges it as a great sing a long.

Kid A: How To Disappear Completely - My absolute favourite Radiohead song and close to my favourite song by any artist.

Amnesiac: Like Spinning Plates - Great song that’s both completely different, and better, live.

Hail To The Thief: There There - Great song that is HUGE live

In Rainbows: Videotape - This one moves me every time.

The King of Limbs: Codex - One of two great songs, Lotus Flower is the other, on their weakest post debut album.

A Moon Shaped Pool: Burn The Witch - Great tube and I love the video too!
Agree with Soo many of yours being bangers live..the drums on there there live is 🤯

Let’s have some fun and discussion(sorry for all thinking this post is about a new album too)😂

as I was driving to work today I streamed decks dark and got me thinking...what’s everyone’s favorite song off an album?

I’ll start it off:
Pablo Honey -Thinking About You...I can’t help myself just singing this out loud

The Bends-Street Spirit (fade out) just an all time classic

OK Computer-this one is tough but I’ll go Lucky over Exit Music( for a film) lucky gets the nod because it has provided me my favorite concert moment ever. It was Pouring down rain and I was in a poncho and holding an umbrella, lucky came on real early in the set and during the song, just said fuck it while singing out loud. Got drenched but one of my favorite concerts ever

Kid A- idioteque ...such a banger live

Amnesiac-I Might Be Wrong...bumps

Hail to the Thief-A Punch Up at a Wedding ...this will always be my favorite because it takes me back in time to when it was released always

In Rainbows-this is a tough one but I’ll give the nod to Weird Fishes. Really can’t go wrong with any off this album though except maybe Faust arp 😂

TKOL-I’ll give slight edge to separator over codex just because the rumor mill surrounding separator when this was released was insane

AMSP-decks dark ...the shit

Top 3 b sides:
How Can You Be Sure?
Gagging Order
Fog(again) live

now let’s hear yours Radiohead family :)

I'm not a big enough fan to know the b-sides, but my a-list goes something like this:

Pablo Honey: "Blow Out"
The Bends: "(Nice Dream)"
OK Computer: "Lucky"
Kid A: "Optimistic"
Amnesiac: "I Might Be Wrong"
Hail to the Thief: "There There"
In Rainbows: "Reckoner"
TKOL: "Lotus Flower"
AMSP: "The Numbers"

Here's mine, it will end up reading like a best of compilation put out by Walmart but I can't help it. A lot of these songs are colossal and the reason they dominated radio.

Pablo Honey : Creep.
The Bends: Fake Plastic Trees
OK Computer: Paranoid Android
Kid A: How to disappear completely - like Joe says it's up there with my all time favourite songs by any artist. It became a mantra for me in many ways during a certain point in my life.
Amnesiac: I might be wrong
HTTT: there there
In Rainbows: Weird fishes / arpeggi
TKOL: Codex
AMSP: present tense

(Official)B-side: talk show host - the lyric "I'll be waiting, with a gun and a pack of sandwiches..and nothing..and nothing" is brilliant

(Unofficial): there used to be a leaked demo of Big Boots that I absolutely loved. The one they included on ok not ok was good but I still always remember that demo as the way the song should have been.

(Live) True Love Waits - live in Oslo. One of my favourite songs from them as well.

couldn't bring myself to rank Radiohead albums - probably because 5 or 6 of them deserve to be number 1 - but this is doable

Pablo Honey: Blow Out
The Bends: Street Spirit (Fade Out)
OK Computer: all of them? but okay, Exit Music (For a Film)
Kid A: Everything in Its Right Place
Amnesiac: You and Whose Army?
HTTT: There There
In Rainbows: Reckoner
The King of Limbs: Lotus Flower
AMSP: Burn the Witch
B Side: Talk Show Host
Unreleased: Skirting on the Surface

I'm down for this idea

Pablo Honey: "Ripcord" - probably an odd choice as this is a song that I don't think gets much attention but I have a soft spot for it for whatever reason, it's kinda catchy and I just like the way it's put together I guess. Most of PH stays at a relatively mid-level for me so it's hard to really pick a definitive favorite

The Bends: "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" - don't feel like this one needs much explaining, it's just an incredible song. One of their most dreary early songs and the way it progresses throughout the song is absolute bliss, one of their best album closers for sure

OK Computer: "Lucky" - again, not sure what to say here other than the song is incredible. The explosive chorus is a highlight and the lyrics on this song always stood out to me

Kid A: "Idioteque" and it's not even close for me. Certain songs on Kid A either really work for me or fall a bit flat depending on how I'm feeling at the moment but this song never fails to amaze me. The electronic arrangements are deceptively simple and the harmonies are somehow simultaneously robotic and emotional all at once, striking the chord of cold isolation and desolation that I believe the album is trying to communicate. It's one of my favorite songs ever made and by far the highlight of the album

Amnesiac: "Life in a Glasshouse" - this one was tough, but this song gets the edge for being maybe my favorite album closer Radiohead has made. I love the New Orleans jazz flourishes and it represents a big highlight moment for the band's more experimental phase imo. It just sounds so big and foreboding and sort of encapsulates the manic and despondent energy of Amnesiac very well

Hail to the Thief: "Myxomatosis" - I feel like this is maybe a controversial pick but I feel very strongly that this is one of the great, underrated Radiohead tracks. I like the distorted and blown out textures across the song, as well as the deadpan vocals which deliver some really interesting stream-of-consciousness lyrics. The last three songs on HTTT is one of my favorite string of tracks on any Radiohead album and this one carries an energy to it that is hard to shake for me, it really sounds like someone at the end of their rope

In Rainbows: "Jigsaw Falling into Place" - this one is almost impossible to pick as I personally feel In Rainbows has the best and most consistent track list of any Radiohead album... but if you absolutely forced me to pick, I think "Jigsaw" is a very deserving winner. I love how it has the sort of forward motion to it and the climax is one of the best moments in the RH discography imo. And as with "Myxomatosis" I kind of like when Thom lets his vocals go a bit more blunt and deadpan and in this instance it makes it all the more rewarding when his vocals become a lot more emotional in the middle of the song

The King of Limbs: "Lotus Flower" - probably the popular choice from TKOL as it seems to be the only song that most people wholeheartedly enjoy, maybe thanks to the music video spawning so many memes. But the song itself is really great, I think it's the moment where the two halves of the album converge from one fantastic five-minute cut

A Moon Shaped Pool: "Present Tense" - not only my favorite AMSP song but one of the best songs Radiohead have ever made imo. I don't feel like there's much I can put into words to describe how much I love it, it's a highlight on what it is already an incredible album and is an absolutely gorgeous tune

I'm down for this idea

Pablo Honey: "Ripcord" - probably an odd choice as this is a song that I don't think gets much attention but I have a soft spot for it for whatever reason, it's kinda catchy and I just like the way it's put together I guess. Most of PH stays at a relatively mid-level for me so it's hard to really pick a definitive favorite

The Bends: "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" - don't feel like this one needs much explaining, it's just an incredible song. One of their most dreary early songs and the way it progresses throughout the song is absolute bliss, one of their best album closers for sure

OK Computer: "Lucky" - again, not sure what to say here other than the song is incredible. The explosive chorus is a highlight and the lyrics on this song always stood out to me

Kid A: "Idioteque" and it's not even close for me. Certain songs on Kid A either really work for me or fall a bit flat depending on how I'm feeling at the moment but this song never fails to amaze me. The electronic arrangements are deceptively simple and the harmonies are somehow simultaneously robotic and emotional all at once, striking the chord of cold isolation and desolation that I believe the album is trying to communicate. It's one of my favorite songs ever made and by far the highlight of the album

Amnesiac: "Life in a Glasshouse" - this one was tough, but this song gets the edge for being maybe my favorite album closer Radiohead has made. I love the New Orleans jazz flourishes and it represents a big highlight moment for the band's more experimental phase imo. It just sounds so big and foreboding and sort of encapsulates the manic and despondent energy of Amnesiac very well

Hail to the Thief: "Myxomatosis" - I feel like this is maybe a controversial pick but I feel very strongly that this is one of the great, underrated Radiohead tracks. I like the distorted and blown out textures across the song, as well as the deadpan vocals which deliver some really interesting stream-of-consciousness lyrics. The last three songs on HTTT is one of my favorite string of tracks on any Radiohead album and this one carries an energy to it that is hard to shake for me, it really sounds like someone at the end of their rope

In Rainbows: "Jigsaw Falling into Place" - this one is almost impossible to pick as I personally feel In Rainbows has the best and most consistent track list of any Radiohead album... but if you absolutely forced me to pick, I think "Jigsaw" is a very deserving winner. I love how it has the sort of forward motion to it and the climax is one of the best moments in the RH discography imo. And as with "Myxomatosis" I kind of like when Thom lets his vocals go a bit more blunt and deadpan and in this instance it makes it all the more rewarding when his vocals become a lot more emotional in the middle of the song

The King of Limbs: "Lotus Flower" - probably the popular choice from TKOL as it seems to be the only song that most people wholeheartedly enjoy, maybe thanks to the music video spawning so many memes. But the song itself is really great, I think it's the moment where the two halves of the album converge from one fantastic five-minute cut

A Moon Shaped Pool: "Present Tense" - not only my favorite AMSP song but one of the best songs Radiohead have ever made imo. I don't feel like there's much I can put into words to describe how much I love it, it's a highlight on what it is already an incredible album and is an absolutely gorgeous tune
eek that ended up being a lot of words 😬 forgive my blabbering on

I'm down for this idea

Im feeling this list. With the exception of the one we agreed on and Pablo Honey, Hail to the Thief and A Moon Shaped Pool you’ve pretty much picked my alternative pick! For the record Anyone Can Play Guitar, 2+2=5 and True Love Waits would have been my alternate pick for those three!

Fun topic. I had a memory in my Facebook feed yesterday of the time Radiohead rolled through Dallas in 2012 for the King of Limbs tour. Saw them twice that year, two days apart.

Pablo Honey: Creep. Mainly this because back when it came out I had a CD single of it that I would play practically every morning (toss up with Loser by Beck) on the drive in to my high school.
The Bends: Fake Plastic Trees. It previously was High & Dry until I saw Thom sing FPT live in Dallas back in 08. Probably my single favorite moment with music.
OK Computer: Let Down. This song always stuck with me. The topic of isolation and wanting to break out of your shell. OK Computer was incredibly ahead of its time and prescient about how technology would change us.
Kid A: Everything In Its Right Place. This might be their best opening track. Kid A is a hard one to label a favorite for. It's all so solid.
Amnesiac: I Might Be Wrong. This was my re-entry point to Radiohead after my post college musical dark period. This was the song I first heard when I put on my headphones on our honeymoon flight. American Airlines had a dedicated channel in 2001 to Radiohead to help promote the release of Amnesiac. After we returned, I immediately rushed out and bought Amnesiac and the rest I had missed.
Hail To The Thief: Myxomatosis. Just an f'ing jam.
In Rainbows: Weird Fishes/Arpeggi. In the running for my top 1/2 Radiohead songs. I kind feel I'm floating when listening to it.
King of Limbs: Morning Mr. Magpie
A Moon Shaped Pool: Ful Stop. Love the bass line.
Singles: Talk Show Host. Probably my #1 Radiohead song
Live performance: Joy Division's Ceremony on the Basement session for In Rainbows
Thank you very much. Now what?

Last edited:
Great idea

Pablo Honey: "Anyone can play guitar"

The Bends: "High and dry" , with "Street Spirit (Fade out)" and "Fake plastic trees" very closeby

OK Computer: Karma Police

Kid A: "Everything's in its right place" with "Idioteque" very close

Amnesiac: "You and whose army"

Hail to the thief: "Sit down, stand up"

In Rainbows: "All I need"

The King of limbs: "Morning Mr. Magpie"

A Moon shaped pool "Desert Island Disk"

Absolutely agree that the strong variety in our lists really shows how great the band is.

This is a stupid hard task...

Pablo Honey: Thinking About You

The Bends: The Bends

OK Computer: Climbing Up The Walls

Kid A: How to Disappear Completely

Amnesiac: I Might Be Wrong

Hail to the Thief: Scatterbrain

In Rainbows: Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

The King of Limbs: Codex

A Moon Shaped Pool: Decks Dark

B-Side: Gagging Order

This is a stupid hard task...

Pablo Honey: Thinking About You

The Bends: The Bends

OK Computer: Climbing Up The Walls

Kid A: How to Disappear Completely

Amnesiac: I Might Be Wrong

Hail to the Thief: Scatterbrain

In Rainbows: Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

The King of Limbs: Codex

A Moon Shaped Pool: Decks Dark

B-Side: Gagging Order
Oooh scatterbrain...that’s a first ...I like it :)

I picked that colloquialism up from my dad! I am guessing that not too many Glaswegians have made it out to your neck of the woods?
Isn't it from The Krankies? Children's weekend TV in the 80s ruled

Back