Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

there’s 95 pages in this thread and like 20 in the last month so i apologize if this has been posted before, but this video popped up on my youtube recs last night and i thought it was pretty great- a deconstruction of ‘how to disappear completely’, one of if not their best song and i will fight you if you disagree.

i ended up going down a rabbit hole of this guy’s channel afterward. worth it if you find this type of content engaging.

there’s 95 pages in this thread and like 20 in the last month so i apologize if this has been posted before, but this video popped up on my youtube recs last night and i thought it was pretty great- a deconstruction of ‘how to disappear completely’, one of if not their best song and i will fight you if you disagree.

i ended up going down a rabbit hole of this guy’s channel afterward. worth it if you find this type of content engaging.

This is really cool to see all of the musical notation written out - I wonder where he got that or if he just transcribed it by ear. This is like the perfect level of detail, and it’s really easy to follow. Hope this guy makes more of these videos.

I have the Christopher O’Riley Radiohead piano book (based on his two radiohead tribute albums) and it’s fun to play through those songs (or try to - his re-imaginings of their songs are more complicated and difficult than they need to be [*shakes fist at Christopher O’Riley*]), but this song isn’t in there, and I’ve been wondering what it would look like in terms of the chords - it’s so hard to visualize Radiohead songs like that.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, there are 55 for sale on Discogs

But don't buy from groovesland.
No, you're correct. However in Canada with shipping most of those come to $60+. HOWEVER it has recently shown back up at locals so they're obviously still pressing it so it's around again. However @Joe Mac's awesome PIF has shown up so I've got the 2 LP 10" now. 😀

No, you're correct. However in Canada with shipping most of those come to $60+. HOWEVER it has recently shown back up at locals so they're obviously still pressing it so it's around again. However @Joe Mac's awesome PIF has shown up so I've got the 2 LP 10" now. 😀
Nice... Forgot the CAN part.

I have the 2x10" and I'm not impressed, so I ordered the XL EU from groovesland. We've now come full circle.

So I did a thing with a mint In Rainbows box from the UK on ebay...
I just got mine last week! Was solid NM. It's really incredible. I haven't regretted it for a second. There are maybe 10 pops on my press across the whole record. But the dynamics and otherwise quiet press make up for that tenfold. Enjoy!

If you're in the US, you may be in for a long strange trip on the tracking. Good luck!

Nice... Forgot the CAN part.

I have the 2x10" and I'm not impressed, so I ordered the XL EU from groovesland. We've now come full circle.
So far the EU Capitol 10 is better than I had expected to tell you the truth! Not the most punchy but it's clean and relatively dynamic. Thom sounds good.

Question: A Moon Shaped Pool box set... $65 shipped a deal in the USA?

Reviews are so mixed on the vinyl sound.

The vinyl sounds like ass. Shipped in cheap paper inners that ate it. I’d avoid unless you really want the art that much. Also even if it wasn’t eaten it’s just the standard pressing, no special sauce like with the two albums previous to it.

Question: A Moon Shaped Pool box set... $65 shipped a deal in the USA?

Reviews are so mixed on the vinyl sound.
Man that's a tough one. I went through 4 copies of this one before I managed to get two discs that had a somewhat acceptable amount of pops and noise on them. And my somewhat acceptable I mean the final track has popping pretty much throughout the whole thing. And that was THE BEST copy... The tight paper sleeves just all do a number on the discs, and the discs aren't pressed well to begin with. My copy actually sounds pretty good all in all but it was a task to get it that way.

Man that's a tough one. I went through 4 copies of this one before I managed to get two discs that had a somewhat acceptable amount of pops and noise on them. And my somewhat acceptable I mean the final track has popping pretty much throughout the whole thing. And that was THE BEST copy... The tight paper sleeves just all do a number on the discs, and the discs aren't pressed well to begin with. My copy actually sounds pretty good all in all but it was a task to get it that way.

Yeah I just ended up buying a standard copy as a donor for discs. This really was a disappointing release sadly.

Yeah I just ended up buying a standard copy as a donor for discs. This really was a disappointing release sadly.
Actually, while I'm at it. Could one of you who has the UK XL pressing of Hail To The Thief possibly just take a picture of the barcode and surrounding text for me? I can't find an image anywhere of what the UK markings are in the back cover for this one. I know it says "Printed in EU" somewhere on it...

Actually, while I'm at it. Could one of you who has the UK XL pressing of Hail To The Thief possibly just take a picture of the barcode and surrounding text for me? I can't find an image anywhere of what the UK markings are in the back cover for this one. I know it says "Printed in EU" somewhere on it...

BCAA6ACD-6982-4042-B807-81856F407E53.jpeg

Back