Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Last time they played here I'm sure I remember a story floating around that someone had paid well into the 5 figures for a scalped ticket, can't find out anything about that now though. Either way it would be insane if they came back, I hope I get to see them one day.

I happily agreed to $350 for a floor seat in Melbourne - then met the guy and he appreciated what a huge fan I was and I 'only' paid $300. Went on my own. Didn't care. It was awesome.

Radiohead. I saw them in Providence, RI a month after The Bends came out and I have proceeded to see them on every tour that makes a stop near me since. And every single time they raise the bar. But that first show, my god, it changed a lot for me. I was 16 years old, and I could easily get right up to the stage. I mean, Lupo's was a smaller venue, and the show probably only sold half the tickets, so maybe 400 people there? It remains crystal clear. I knew it was special, so I saved the ticket stub, which lives with my important personal docs, like my SS card, passport, etc.

$10 ;0

0.jpg

Only saw them once, on TKOL tour in 2012. Still eagerly awaiting their return to Phoenix.

The performance that gave us this..

tumblr_m100opKyXM1qjyck4o1_500.gif

I'm fairly new to vinyl, so my Radiohead collection is mostly CDs, including the copy of Kid A that changed my life when I randomly picked it up at Target back in in 2001.

I definitely want to get Kid A on vinyl, but I'm figuring that next year we could be getting an OKNOTOK-style reissue, and I'm currently leaning towards waiting...

Only saw them once, on TKOL tour in 2012. Still eagerly awaiting their return to Phoenix.

The performance that gave us this..

tumblr_m100opKyXM1qjyck4o1_500.gif

Oh man! I think that we went to the same show! Whatever happened to the openers they had that night. Other Lives, if I recall correctly the name of the band. The material they had around the time was good but never followed through with them.

This was my first(and only as of yet) RH show. Drove around 4-5 hours to Phoenix to see them. The thing was I didn't have tickets, fortunately I got talking with an awesome guy whose friends wouldn't been able to go(he flew from FL down to AZ). He sold me the tickets for face value($75 if I recall correctly) and it's easily the best show I've ever been. I will be forever grateful that he sold those tickets to me, he could have easily gotten 200 each.

I'm fairly new to vinyl, so my Radiohead collection is mostly CDs, including the copy of Kid A that changed my life when I randomly picked it up at Target back in in 2001.

I definitely want to get Kid A on vinyl, but I'm figuring that next year we could be getting an OKNOTOK-style reissue, and I'm currently leaning towards waiting...
I'm hoping that those reissue rumors are true. My only thing is that, unlike OK Computer, Kid A didn't really have any b-sides, and that was kind of a big draw to get OKNOTOK. Maybe there's some unreleased material that they've been sitting on for an anniversary edition like this?

I'm hoping that those reissue rumors are true. My only thing is that, unlike OK Computer, Kid A didn't really have any b-sides, and that was kind of a big draw to get OKNOTOK. Maybe there's some unreleased material that they've been sitting on for an anniversary edition like this?

Or maybe it will be a Kid Amnesiac thing, with both albums plus the Amnesic b-sides plus some stuff laying around since then... In which case I better start saving now!

Or maybe it will be a Kid Amnesiac thing, with both albums plus the Amnesic b-sides plus some stuff laying around since then... In which case I better start saving now!
That would be absolutely insane! Those Amnesiac b-sides would be a treat to have on vinyl.

I wonder how much unreleased music there is from that era, since the idea has always been that Amnesiac basically *was* the unused material from Kid A. I'm sure they have something in the vaults tho - I thought it was insane they somehow left "Man of War" on the cutting room floor for 20 years!

I see your 2003 (I was there too and it was great, the only dry Glastonbury I ever had) and raise you with 1997 (also there - my first Glastonbury) for one of my favourite gigs ever. I still like OK Computer / Bends Radiohead over all others (love Talk Show Host, talking of b-sides)

Saw them 96 atpink pop and that was pretty great as well. Just did not remember the yellow raincoat until just now

Thom has actually announced that they are currently working on a thing with Kid A/Amnesiac/other stuff for next year.

Makes me wonder if they're just going to go all the way and do 20th anniversary deluxe editions of HTTT and In Rainbows as well. IR Disk 2 hasn't ever had a vinyl pressing, has it?

Probably not. They didn’t do The Bends and it has more b-side & off cuts worthy of exploration than any other era/album. I think that OK Computer to Amnesiac is what they see as their peak and so worth revisiting. I’ll be honest though, I was SHOCKED when OKNOTOK came out, looking back is such a not Radiohead move to make!

Probably not. They didn’t do The Bends and it has more b-side & off cuts worthy of exploration than any other era/album. I think that OK Computer to Amnesiac is what they see as their peak and so worth revisiting. I’ll be honest though, I was SHOCKED when OKNOTOK and out, looking back is such a bot Radiohead move to make!
Maybe next year they'll do a 20th anniversary Kid A release *and* a 25th anniversary one for The Bends 😏

I think we’d have heard rumors by now...
I was mostly being hyperbolic - I highly doubt they'd do two big deluxe editions in the same year. And tbh them doing that would probably be hell on my bank account anyway so I'd be fine if they didn't lol

But yeah, now that you mention it, a bit head-scratching they wouldn't give The Bends the deluxe anniversary treatment too, it's not as widely celebrated as OKC but it's definitely one of their most well-liked albums in terms of just general music listeners

I was mostly being hyperbolic - I highly doubt they'd do two big deluxe editions in the same year. And tbh them doing that would probably be hell on my bank account anyway so I'd be fine if they didn't lol

But yeah, now that you mention it, a bit head-scratching they wouldn't give The Bends the deluxe anniversary treatment too, it's not as widely celebrated as OKC but it's definitely one of their most well-liked albums in terms of just general music listeners

Oh I know. To be honest they’re contrary buggers and I’m still more surprised that they are doing any of these at all as opposed to that they’ve missed a big album out!

The first time I saw Radiohead was at Selina's in Sydney in 1994, when I was a wet dopey version of myself. I was punched by an aggressive hardcore fan at the gig that night and he and his mates seem to enjoy that experience more than the gig. Me, not so much, I enjoyed the gig a lot more :)

I love Radiohead and although that punch is now a very faded memory, I still think of it very briefly every time I spin my Radiohead vinyl

Last edited:
Back