Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Ok, I did some research and I was misremembering the group thing because of a line in this article: https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/04/ed-obrien-solo-album-update/

"O’Brien is currently looking for a label to release the album. He intends to tour behind the record and is putting together a band with a 'funk and jazz focus.'"

So yeah it's a solo album and my memory just got mixed up from reading he was assembling a touring band. Either way, looking forward to it!

the iron lung singles (ep) where brilliant. i think that´s where lots of the b-sides from the bends area you collected came from.

Yeah it was pretty epic EP! I wish I knew where my CD copy from back in the day went. It and the 2 CDs of the Street Spirit single do make up the vast majority of it for sure!

Did I mention before that I was at this gig?

Only a couple of hundreds times! Still once more can’t hurt, BEST GIG EVER!

I see your 2003 (I was there too and it was great, the only dry Glastonbury I ever had) and raise you with 1997 (also there - my first Glastonbury) for one of my favourite gigs ever. I still like OK Computer / Bends Radiohead over all others (love Talk Show Host, talking of b-sides)

I see your 2003 (I was there too and it was great, the only dry Glastonbury I ever had) and raise you with 1997 (also there - my first Glastonbury) for one of my favourite gigs ever. I still like OK Computer / Bends Radiohead over all others (love Talk Show Host, talking of b-sides)

Jealous! That 1997 set is mythical! 2003 was the only Glastonbury I was at and after a bit of rain on the first day it was an absolute scorcher! I would love to go back but the idea of of being in a tent for a weekend...

Jealous! That 1997 set is mythical! 2003 was the only Glastonbury I was at and after a bit of rain on the first day it was an absolute scorcher! I would love to go back but the idea of of being in a tent for a weekend...
I did 97, 03-05 with all apart from yours being as wet as anything. Times of my life. Don't really remember sleeping. 97 was a real blast - I was 18 and somehow blagged 4 free tickets through the Supernaturals. Happy days...

Pretty much favourite band - seen them every tour they have done in Australia (only tours in more than 20 years!) and I am slowly collecting most of their shit on vinyl and already have it all on CD.

I will probably be one of those weirdos that goes to gigs in multiple cities if they EVER bloody come back!

Pretty much favourite band - seen them every tour they have done in Australia (only tours in more than 20 years!) and I am slowly collecting most of their shit on vinyl and already have it all on CD.

I will probably be one of those weirdos that goes to gigs in multiple cities if they EVER bloody come back!

Last time they played here I'm sure I remember a story floating around that someone had paid well into the 5 figures for a scalped ticket, can't find out anything about that now though. Either way it would be insane if they came back, I hope I get to see them one day.

Consider it a date!

Back