Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Oh man! I think that we went to the same show! Whatever happened to the openers they had that night. Other Lives, if I recall correctly the name of the band. The material they had around the time was good but never followed through with them.

This was my first(and only as of yet) RH show. Drove around 4-5 hours to Phoenix to see them. The thing was I didn't have tickets, fortunately I got talking with an awesome guy whose friends wouldn't been able to go(he flew from FL down to AZ). He sold me the tickets for face value($75 if I recall correctly) and it's easily the best show I've ever been. I will be forever grateful that he sold those tickets to me, he could have easily gotten 200 each.

Hey concert homie! :D Gonna be 100% honest, I don't even remember the opening act. I was so hyped for Radiohead that I think everything else was like a mere blip on the radar to me, haha.

That's a nice score with the tickets, dang. Yay for fans looking out for each other in the face of scalpers!

Thom has actually announced that they are currently working on a thing with Kid A/Amnesiac/other stuff for next year.

Alright, this made my morning. Kid A is my favorite album and somehow I do not have it on vinyl yet. I think somewhere in the back of my mind I was holding out for some sort of reissue before doing so.

Probably not. They didn’t do The Bends and it has more b-side & off cuts worthy of exploration than any other era/album. I think that OK Computer to Amnesiac is what they see as their peak and so worth revisiting. I’ll be honest though, I was SHOCKED when OKNOTOK came out, looking back is such a not Radiohead move to make!

Thom freaking loves HTTT

I would love to see a nice box of Kid A / Amnesiac together. They were always intended to go together so it would be nice to see them release that the way they would have wanted.

Thom freaking loves HTTT

I would love to see a nice box of Kid A / Amnesiac together. They were always intended to go together so it would be nice to see them release that the way they would have wanted.

Yeah, I love large chunks of it too. There There is a track and a half, for example. It is a bit of a mess though and I think there is a better album in those tracks than the one that was put out...

Yeah I get that but I think it’d be a pity to lose Amnesiac and it’s flow and it’s gorgeous artwork into a big Kid A themed box.

I know Thom mentioned there being boxes full of reems of faxes with artwork and art direction between him and Stanley Donwood. And there is supposedly a decent amount of unused music knocking about too.

Due to all this I would like a fancy Kid A with bonuses of the extra music and the extra art that fits its theme and an Amnesiac with its b sides and the extra artwork that fits its theme, it could also include (in a big box) the original library book (with or without the cd).

Last edited:
Hey...quick question. Is the oknotok box worth it or just stick to my blue vinyl? Any difference in sound?

Hey...quick question. Is the oknotok box worth it or just stick to my blue vinyl? Any difference in sound?

From what I know it’s, much like a Moon Shaped Pool, the exact same slabs of vinyl as the standard. It’s only worth it if you want all the extra art and the tape. FWIW I’m still tempted by it...

Ooooh! You have the birthday blue OKNOTOK? Niiiiiice!

My EU Copy of OKNOTOK (indie blue) is flawless. As is my Moon Shaped Pool (indie white). Both pressed at Optimal, whereas the US ones from Rainbo always get a lot of criticism.

I still want the OKNOTOK box though - ideally to do what I've done with A Moon Shaped Pool - moved the white records into the deluxe edition.

Thom freaking loves HTTT
Yeah, I love large chunks of it too. There There is a track and a half, for example. It is a bit of a mess though and I think there is a better album in those tracks than the one that was put out...
I've always felt in the minority that Hail to the Thief was among some of their best work. I know it's probably not as focused or tightly written as some of their other albums but I think that's what part of me really likes about it. It's also probably one of their most varied releases musically but I think the album has a nice flow to it that makes it easy to follow along the different shifts in style. Plus it ends with three of my favorite RH tunes in a row. I can see why it doesn't hit the same notes for others as it does for me, but I love it honestly.

Also, as a sidenote, I've never understood the criticism of it being "too long." It's only a few minutes longer than OKC and AMSP and I've never really heard those albums criticized for their length.

I've always felt in the minority that Hail to the Thief was among some of their best work. I know it's probably not as focused or tightly written as some of their other albums but I think that's what part of me really likes about it. It's also probably one of their most varied releases musically but I think the album has a nice flow to it that makes it easy to follow along the different shifts in style. Plus it ends with three of my favorite RH tunes in a row. I can see why it doesn't hit the same notes for others as it does for me, but I love it honestly.

Also, as a sidenote, I've never understood the criticism of it being "too long." It's only a few minutes longer than OKC and AMSP and I've never really heard those albums criticized for their length.

If I rank albums, HTTT is down the list a bit, but if I'm making a Radiohead mixtape, it will probably have more songs show up than any other album.

If I rank albums, HTTT is down the list a bit, but if I'm making a Radiohead mixtape, it will probably have more songs show up than any other album.
This seems to be the consensus, even among the band - a good album that, with a rearranged tracklist, could have been one of their best.

Has anyone ever listened to it with the different tracklist Yorke posted years later? If I recall correctly, he shortened down to ten songs and rearranged the order.

Yeah I don’t love Hail to the Thief as it stands, the 10 track revisit sounds intriguing and the better stuff on it are always some of the best tracks live. I saw them twice on that tour and they were electric!

there there
the gloaming
sail to the moon
sit down. stand up
go to sleep
whereiendandubegin
scatterbrain
2+2=5
myxomatosis
a wolf at the door
I really can't see how "2+2=5" would function as anything but an album opener... not to go against the word of Yorke himself but that track always seemed like a perfect intro to the album.

HTTT was my long-time favorite. I think In Rainbows has taken its spot over the years but I still put HTTT in my top three. Part of that is because I saw that tour and it was close to the peak of when I was really getting into them. And also, There, There is among my favorite Radiohead songs in their entire catalog.

I struggle with loving Amnesiac, it has never been in my top-half ranking of their catalog.

I really can't see how "2+2=5" would function as anything but an album opener... not to go against the word of Yorke himself but that track always seemed like a perfect intro to the album.

There there has always been an epic set opener live with the big percussion. I can totally see it opening an album in the same manner!

HTTT was my long-time favorite. I think In Rainbows has taken its spot over the years but I still put HTTT in my top three. Part of that is because I saw that tour and it was close to the peak of when I was really getting into them. And also, There, There is among my favorite Radiohead songs in their entire catalog.

I struggle with loving Amnesiac, it has never been in my top-half ranking of their catalog.

Neither are in my top half but I think my top 4 are so strong that it’s no slight on them and there are only two albums that I think fall below standard, Pablo Honey (not a fully conceived concept as a band yet) and king of limbs (the awful half doesn’t redeem the good half).

Neither are in my top half but I think my top 4 are so strong that it’s no slight on them and there are only two albums that I think fall below standard, Pablo Honey (not a fully conceived concept as a band yet) and king of limbs (the awful half doesn’t redeem the good half).

I agree...I mean, it's a stellar catalog overall. And your bottom two are the same for me.

AMSP took me awhile to get into, but the hooks are there, and glorious when they set.

Back