Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

The above posts have always made me wonder how In Rainbows might have turned out had Thom not made The Eraser. That album seems to have been his way of getting a lot of the electronica of the early 2000s era out of his system as the only semi-electronic song on IR is "15 Step."

It's amazing to me that the band survived such a major shift in sound with all members still intact. Other bands have been absolutely torn apart by less than that. I guess it speaks to them and Nigel's artistic connection more than anything.

Yeah completely. I think it also helped that more than any other band of their time, and probably still, they seemed like a group of genuinely good friends, I wouldn’t downplay the role that played in keeping them together through Thom’s years of megalomania!

Yeah the connection between Thom and Nigel is hugely important undoubtedly but I always felt that Johnny Greenwood has been a pretty key component too with his willingness to adapt and change and not just be content as the guitar star!

Last edited:
The decade ending bracket over in the Pop Tarts thread reminded me of this. This was floating around a year or so ago and I was wondering if maybe the RH fans would like to do a little bracket game of our own? (Paging @Joe Mac @ThePakoBuelna @Crabbers and anyone else who might want to fill one out!)
View attachment 27665

im always up for ranking things and if it’s radiohead even better, because it’s harder!

I found a higher quality version; I realized how blurry that first one got when zoomed in on
View attachment 27667

all Im going to say is that both 1st seeds on the top are out for me, one because it’s hilariously overrated and the other because whilst it’s a top 20 Radiohead, the other it’s up against is a higher top 20 Radiohead...

all Im going to say is that both 1st seeds on the top are out for me, one because it’s hilariously overrated and the other because whilst it’s a top 20 Radiohead, the other it’s up against is a higher top 20 Radiohead...
Yeah there's a few odd matches and a few hard choices. But so is the nature of the bracket! It's supposed be somewhat tough

I'm gonna try to go through and fill mine out later tonight, I can't wait to see y'all react to some of my hot take picks lol

haha don’t worry, you know i am the king of the hot takes 😉

what so I need to do to submit mine. Is there a form or a way I should set it out?

haha don’t worry, you know i am the king of the hot takes 😉

what so I need to do to submit mine. Is there a form or a way I should set it out?
I was wondering that too. I think the easiest way would be to put the bracket into a basic image editor and just add text to it to fill out the bracket. If anyone knows of an easier/simpler way, I'm open to it!

I was wondering that too. I think the easiest way would be to put the bracket into a basic image editor and just add text to it to fill out the bracket. If anyone knows of an easier/simpler way, I'm open to it!

woah you’re beyond me! I was just going to use the headings running down the side and post my winners below. If we are into image editing I’m gunna need an old man tutorial...

woah you’re beyond me! I was just going to use the headings running down the side and post my winners below. If we are into image editing I’m gunna need an old man tutorial...
Haha, that could work too if you'd rather do that! What I was thinking was just opening up something like Paint and copying and pasting along the bracket. It would be a bit time consuming but efficient as well if I can get it to work the way I'm imagining it in my head (which things rarely do but still lol)

Haha, that could work too if you'd rather do that! What I was thinking was just opening up something like Paint and copying and pasting along the bracket. It would be a bit time consuming but efficient as well if I can get it to work the way I'm imagining it in my head (which things rarely do but still lol)

ah, I currently have access to an iPad and an iPhone so that’s not happening lol

So.....

CR78

Bangers and Mash
Nice Dream
Talk Show Host
Lotus Flower
Man of War
High and Dry
Seperator
No Surprises

Fat Ugly Dead (aka Joe)

The Bends
You and Whose Army
There There
Lucky
Nude
Just
I Promise
Burn the Witch

EEEEDD!!

Paranoid Android
Videotape
The National Anthem
Reckoner
Life in a Glasshouse
How to Disappear Completely
The Numbers
Down Are The New Up

Flan

Idoioteque
Black Star
Morning Bell/Amnesiac
Subterranean Homesick Alien
Anyone Can Play Guitar
2+2=5
Bloom
Present Tense

Greenwood

Fake Plastic Trees
Gove Up The Ghost
15 Step
Codex
Climbing Up The Wall
Airbag
Electioneering
Pyramid Song

Selway

Daydreaming
Motion Picture Soundtrack
True Love Waits
My Iron Lung
Planet Telex
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
The Tourist
Let Down

O’Brien

Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Bones
Optimistic
How I Made My Millions
Lift
House of Cards
Wolf At The Door
Identikit

Yorke

Everything In It’s Right Place
Bulletproof... I Wish I Was
Spectre
All I Need
Morning Bell
Polyethylene
A Punch Up At The Wedding
Exit Music (For A Film)

i want to do this but i’m stuck on “I might be wrong” v. “Motion picture soundtrack” and “you and whose army” v “backdrifts” - is “lotus flower” up against “the gloaming”?

Are these supposed to be the band member's actual personal rankings? I'm confused.

I think they’re just using them as names for sections of the draw. Just look at it as a huge sports draw with one song against the other and pick the one you prefer.

Is no one else getting involved in the madness? Just me? Well I guess that How To Disappear Completely wins the day then 😉

I was just thinking about the deluxe Kid A box that we are thinking is coming our way this autumn (I think September/October is the anniversary?). Thinking on the fact that they completely reinvented the songs live maybe some live content would be great! I know they did a great session for BBC Radio then (I think it was for Lamaq on the Evening Sessions on Radio?) which would be good bonus disc material. If they recorded them a DVD of one of the “big top” gigs that they did in the UK to support Kid A when it first came out would be awesome too!

Back