Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Yeah, it's 33 and i mean, theoretically it should be better than 10" because the tracks are over wider surface but really i don't think I could tell the difference. 10" seems like a better package - original pressing was also 10" right?

To be honest thatā€™s not an issue on the 10ā€, it isnā€™t tight pressed, there is plenty of run out on the discs. Yeah the original Parlophone was 10ā€ but as it was back in 2000 and not repressed there arenā€™t many of them knocking about!

I know it doesnā€™t help but itā€™s up there with the very best pressings I own...
YES I KNOW IT'S GREAT AND WORTH THE MONEY, DON'T TEMPT ME Y'ALL

seriously tho. the only other time I've spent 100+ on one singular album was when I bought an OG pressing of Demon Days several years back. but that In Rainbows box, if the reviews I've heard are true, might make #2.

Dooooooooooo.

It.

Do it.
One day, I'm sure. I'm not financially stable enough atm to make such a big purchase but there's part of me that knows that I'm incomplete without that set. Knowing that you don't have what many consider the definitive version of your favorite album definitely can make you feel a bit empty on the inside, lol

Isnā€™t KOL the same too. Iā€™ve never had the standard but I understand itā€™s 33 on 2 sides whereas the newspaper is 45 over 4 sides of 10ā€

TKOL packaging really annoys me lol. How do you store it? I still have everything sitting in that biodegradable plastic at the end of one shelf.

TKOL packaging really annoys me lol. How do you store it? I still have everything sitting in that biodegradable plastic at the end of one shelf.

Just on the shelf between the In Rainbows and A Moon Shaped Pool boxes. If I could get some kind of thin 12ā€ square clear plastic box to store it in on the shelf Iā€™d completely jump on one but Iā€™ve yet to ever see anything like that!

seriously tho. the only other time I've spent 100+ on one singular album was when I bought an OG pressing of Demon Days several years back. but that In Rainbows box, if the reviews I've heard are true, might make #2.
Iā€™m bout to buy another one just to make sure I have it Incase I canā€™t salvage the other one ;)

Don't spend more than $100 on it, as I see them sell often for that price on discogs / ebay / reddit. I think that's a fair price considering what they would retail for in today's market! Think of the list prices of the Ok Not Ok box or AMSP deluxe - except this one still edges both of those in terms of quality.

Don't spend more than $100 on it, as I see them sell often for that price on discogs / ebay / reddit. I think that's a fair price considering what they would retail for in today's market! Think of the list prices of the Ok Not Ok box or AMSP deluxe - except this one still edges both of those in terms of quality.

And cost Ā£30 in 2007 šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²

I still found it expensive back then, as a student, with shipping & exchange rates to Canada was like 80 CAD I'm pretty sure. I didn't even listen to it until 2010 as I didn't have a turntable until then!

Yeah I got it delivered to my mum and dad in England so it was Ā£30 all inc! It wasnā€™t until 2013 that I got a tt so it was only the CDs that got played for the first 6 years I had it!

I managed to dig up a photo I took of the concert. Date was March 15, 2012 in Phoenix,AZ (actually think it was Glendale if I recall correctly...)

View attachment 7016

@noelledemort

Can't wait for another tour(hopefully I can get tickets!)

That's a great photo! And you're right, it was way out in Glendale. If I can't get a ticket for the next tour I'll cry myself to sleep while listening to Exit Music on repeat.

I still found it expensive back then, as a student, with shipping & exchange rates to Canada was like 80 CAD I'm pretty sure. I didn't even listen to it until 2010 as I didn't have a turntable until then!

Ha! Crazy that's what happened to me too, bought and couldn't play it until I had my TT, like 2 years ago.

I remember mine cost $75 USD shipped to the US. Also thought it was expensive but now I'm very glad to own it. Hope I stumble across another one soon.

That's a great photo! And you're right, it was way out in Glendale. If I can't get a ticket for the next tour I'll cry myself to sleep while listening to Exit Music on repeat.

Breath, keep breathing.

If I manage to get some tickets for LA, I'll buy how many possible in case one of you don't get them.

I saw again the MTV $2 dollar bill concert of Radiohead in Vancouver I think. That was such a good show, has anyone seen it? The outro solo to Go to sleep is insane! And it has one of best live version of Scatterbrain I've ever heard. Really recommend it.

Back