Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

My stupid obsession with OK Computer...
I just bought an 18 full album length Ok computer b-sides albums.

Anyone set up CUE files for the official bandcamp files to split the tracks?

Ok so I'm finally getting around to skimming through these OK Computer leaks and (at least in the files that originally leaked) about 26 minutes into the third minidisc there's a lengthy instrumental that basically consists of a synth and a drum machine loop. Now this might just be a sleep-deprived me talking but I theorize this *might* be the half-baked idea of where the song "Meeting in the Aisle" originally took root from. I get a similar vibe from this little instrumental bit and that song, so I can see where along the way this could have mutated into that. Thoughts?

(I'm just fascinated by some of the stuff in these leaks and having fun trying to make heads or tails of the more esoteric stuff in them)

Someone is working on CUE files and posting a link on Reddit:

Oooo will download that later. Not that I won't listen to everything but it'll be nice to have all these tracks indexed.

OKC was my favorite album for a long time. I even loved all the b sides that came out for it so am always hungry for more. So this is like a dream come true. If I only had more time to go through it all

I bought the minidiscs off Bandcamp, but I'm staying with the downloaded ones too, some minidiscs are different lengths and want to check out the differences.

I'm loving these outakes.

ok... commence some Radiohead fanboy nerd musings:

Had no have time to go through all the discs although I did listen to the 1st MD. I decided to go thru some of the "highlights".

With all the praise for the "ultimate" true love waits" vs the actual final version in AMSP - i still think the best is the Live from oslo version. I don't like the synthy sound in the full band version - it's kinda cheesy sounding. but still an awesome listen!

paranoid android long version is quite rough - the final version is polished in comparison. But honestly it didn't sound that long. It almost sounds natural to have a long outro but I can't imagine Paranoid Android without the Rain down & solo at the end. Its a cool listen to see how the track evolved but the final version is perfect IMO.

Lift - of the 3 "finished" versions in these discs, the disc 15 version of lift is glorious - I think this is better than the final version they decided to put on oknook. the extra bombastic loudness sounds like a the bends era track. the strings are make the track sound EPIC. it's so good. I think this is the highlight for me so far.

Disc 4 Motion picture soundtrack versions sound like Mogwai backing with Thom singing on top - quite cool.

Will be listening more this weekend. Also reinstalling Poweramp on my phone so I can listen to this on the go

Back