Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

I managed to dig up a photo I took of the concert. Date was March 15, 2012 in Phoenix,CA(actually think it was Glendale if I recall correctly...)

View attachment 7016

@noelledemort

Can't wait for another tour(hopefully I can get tickets!)
King of Limbs tour:) Made me appreciate the album a lot more after seeing it performed live

King of Limbs tour:) Made me appreciate the album a lot more after seeing it performed live

Indeed. TKOL really shines live. Would be cool if some of us could meet at a show in the future. Let's best those scalpers!

Also I was thinking about my ranking the other day, and I will actually move the bends further up(at least better then AMSP).

Which “Kid A” pressing would you all recommend or should I wait for the inevitable anniversary set? I don’t know that I’ve heard great reviews of any of them and if the answer is the 10” version, I’ll wait :)

The best is supposedly the original U.K. 2000 Parlophone 10” one. Of the more recent pressings the word is get one of the European XL pressings, apparently the US pressings are terrible. I have the 10” but I’ve not heard anything to suggest that the 12”’ is any better or worse than it.

There are anniversary editions in the works for next year and I’m hoping that they are well worth going for.

Which “Kid A” pressing would you all recommend or should I wait for the inevitable anniversary set? I don’t know that I’ve heard great reviews of any of them and if the answer is the 10” version, I’ll wait :)

I got a 12" from XL I think. Sounds awesome I would recommend that.

If I don't manage to get some tickets for the LA show I'm going to be pissed. :ROFLMAO: If anyone is buying some and gets an extra two, let me know!

I have this one: https://www.discogs.com/Radiohead-Kid-A/release/1450555

Pretty much accurate what the reviews say - not as terrible as some say, but nothing spectacular. If I were in your boat at this point, I'd just wait for next year's anniversary. If the OKNOTOK remaster was any indication, it'll be a great improvement all-around.

I got a 12" from XL I think. Sounds awesome I would recommend that.

If I don't manage to get some tickets for the LA show I'm going to be pissed. :ROFLMAO: If anyone is buying some and gets an extra two, let me know!

I'll be trying my best for tickets to this. I saw him in LA in December and it was great. I'll try and buy extra. I love the Greek because I can walk to it from my house!

IN OTHER NEWS

I traded in a bunch of stuff at Amoeba today- mostly books as I had an ultimatum to get rid of some which I'm happy to do in favor of vinyl- and found a used In Rainbows box. I was a huge Radiohead fan at the time but didn't jump on the box and just have a standard pressing of the album so I'm very excited to spin this one.Too bad I don't have a CD player..

I'll be trying my best for tickets to this. I saw him in LA in December and it was great. I'll try and buy extra. I love the Greek because I can walk to it from my house!

IN OTHER NEWS

I traded in a bunch of stuff at Amoeba today- mostly books as I had an ultimatum to get rid of some which I'm happy to do in favor of vinyl- and found a used In Rainbows box. I was a huge Radiohead fan at the time but didn't jump on the box and just have a standard pressing of the album so I'm very excited to spin this one.Too bad I don't have a CD player..

I would love the In Rainbows Disk 2 on vinyl. Report back with your opinion on the box (y)

IN OTHER NEWS

I'd love to have that IR box at some point. I've heard that it's the best pressing of the album you can get on vinyl, and y'all know I love me some In Rainbows, so, naturally, I'm intrigued by that.

I managed to dig up a photo I took of the concert. Date was March 15, 2012 in Phoenix,CA(actually think it was Glendale if I recall correctly...)

View attachment 7016

@noelledemort

Can't wait for another tour(hopefully I can get tickets!)
Oh wow, this was my first Radiohead show! The single most transformative musical experience of my life.

And you were in Glendale, Arizona, not California ;)

Oh wow, this was my first Radiohead show! The single most transformative musical experience of my life.

And you were in Glendale, Arizona, not California ;)

Ahh yes haha, sorry about that. AZ not CA.

This was my first Radiohead show too! Twins! Twas awesome. I'll check out if I can find the other pictures I took.

I have a confession to make, I only cried like 4 times during the concert :ROFLMAO:

The best is supposedly the original U.K. 2000 Parlophone 10” one. Of the more recent pressings the word is get one of the European XL pressings, apparently the US pressings are terrible. I have the 10” but I’ve not heard anything to suggest that the 12”’ is any better or worse than it.

There are anniversary editions in the works for next year and I’m hoping that they are well worth going for.

I have the EU 12" from XL and it's good. Apparently the US pressing had quality issues though. There's a lot of wasted space though - let's hope they try 45 RPM on the anniversary edition then!

I'd love to have that IR box at some point. I've heard that it's the best pressing of the album you can get on vinyl, and y'all know I love me some In Rainbows, so, naturally, I'm intrigued by that.

I have a very modest setup and I played weird fishes from that box for a friend, and he went out and bought a turntable the next day LOL.

I have the EU 12" from XL and it's good. Apparently the US pressing had quality issues though. There's a lot of wasted space though - let's hope they try 45 RPM on the anniversary edition then!

I have a very modest setup and I played weird fishes from that box for a friend, and he went out and bought a turntable the next day LOL.

Oh so unlike the Amnesiac 12” (which is 45) is just the same 33 as the 10” but with more run out space? Weird!

I have a feeling the anniversary one will be a 10” like the original press but maybe in a big box that’s 12” in size and has space for other things?

Oh so unlike the Amnesiac 12” (which is 45) is just the same 33 as the 10” but with more run out space? Weird!

I have a feeling the anniversary one will be a 10” like the original press but maybe in a big box that’s 12” in size and has space for other things?

Yeah, it's 33 and i mean, theoretically it should be better than 10" because the tracks are over wider surface but really i don't think I could tell the difference. 10" seems like a better package - original pressing was also 10" right?

Back