Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

Man the idea of someone thinking Jello Biafra, Danzig, D. Boon, H.R., Curt Kirkwood, Falco, etc. sound like Green Day, much less sound the same is cracking me up.

This thread is fun, I hope everyone continues to have fun in here and doesn't take stuff personally.
Yes I hope everyone understands that we are not taking everything said in here as gospel. Just have fun and be respectful.

Randy Holden > *.metal

That’s a completely different point than what you originally made because I’m pretty sure Holden only played a part in Blue Cheers third album but I’ll play 😉

Blue Cheer may have been first in the beginnings of the genre but in no way were they more influential than either other band mentioned in the scope of things. It’s ok Clint, you can be wrong 🤣

Oh and for another hot take. I don't get the deal with Cake? Seems like its just an even more boring version of The Modern Lovers and because of Cake we got that Hobo Johnson fellow. At least Hobo has enthusiasm.
Man I'm just puzzled by this. I love The Modern lovers' first album and I like Cake but I'm struggling to see the connection. Oh, is it just the talky vocals? Never tried to connect them before.

Edit: oops, sorry, covered, RSR!

Heavy Metal is the worst music genre and the 80s are a black hole in rock history because of it.
I... I... just don’t even know (I mean hair metal sucks and if that’s what you were alluding to I agree but metal in general?)

I’d say modern pop-country takes the cake for me of stuff I just can’t even attempt with.

That’s a completely different point than what you originally made because I’m pretty sure Holden only played a part in Blue Cheers third album but I’ll play 😉

Blue Cheer may have been first in the beginnings of the genre but in no way were they more influential than either other band mentioned in the scope of things. It’s ok Clint, you can be wrong 🤣

But Randy Holden's amps went up to 11~

Prince discography stopped being amazing with Love Sexy. Nothing after that is relevant or memorable.

Heavy Metal is the worst music genre and the 80s are a black hole in rock history because of it.
What about all the other incredible rock in the 80s though? Or do you just mean that metal is so bad that it overshadows it?

Oh, I love this kind of threads because i can say all my unpopular opinions and get roasted!

-Yoko Ono's discography is better than the discography of any Beatle.
-Amy Winehouse is admired just because she passed away.
-In 30 years, we will think about Taylor Swift as we do about Joni Mitchell now.
-Emotion is better than 1989.
-Spice Girls were the most influential band in the last twenty years.
-Hanson are actually VERY GOOD. (well, that's not a hot take, just listen to their last albums without prejudices)
-Bob Dylan is overrated.
-Seal makes good albums.
-PJ Harvey has been doing crap in the last ten years. I guess she's bored or tired.
-Robyn is incredibly overrated.
-Madonna and Marilyn Manson can retire now.
-As much as I hate living in Argentina, I am grateful because we don't listen to any rap or hip-hop here. in exchange we get a lot of trap and reggaeton, which is a fucking cancer to music.
-Weezer is a great band.

I... I... just don’t even know (I mean hair metal sucks and if that’s what you were alluding to I agree but metal in general?)

I’d say modern pop-country takes the cake for me of stuff I just can’t even attempt with.

I was referring to heavy metal (I guess this is how I always called Hair Metal) not metal as a whole. Heavy metal such as Saxons, Skid Row, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, poison, Bon Jovi, etc...

-In 30 years, we will think about Taylor Swift as we do about Joni Mitchell now.
-Spice Girls were the most influential band in the last twenty years.
-Hanson are actually VERY GOOD.
Haha, man, just when I thought @Clint Howard was running away with it.

Edit: Hmm or are you lamenting the fact that most people don't talk about Joni Mitchell?

Last edited:
Back