Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

Oh sorry you'd probably know her by her stage name....

View attachment 200661
Is her name really Stewart? Billy Ray Stewart? Weird.

I think Hannah Montana was probably you know forced on her and more of a Monkees move but definitely a commercial thing.

Her career as Miley though probably has more to do with how fucked up it must have been to play a character and have it kind of consume you as a kid. Beyond talented, are we sure she knows who she is?

This also probably has a lot to do with what @Indymisanthrope was talking about earlier regarding misogyny in general.

Is her name really Stewart? Billy Ray Stewart? Weird.

I think Hannah Montana was probably you know forced on her and more of a Monkees move but definitely a commercial thing.

Her career as Miley though probably has more to do with how fucked up it must have been to play a character and have it kind of consume you as a kid. Beyond talented, are we sure she knows who she is?
Miley Stewart is just the fictional character name on the show. Beyond that, I don't know much and have never seen an episode (not the demo/age).

Your last question makes me think of that Black Mirror episode she did years back.

Miley Stewart is just the fictional character name on the show. Beyond that, I don't know much and have never seen an episode (not the demo/age).

Your last question makes me think of that Black Mirror episode she did years back.
Gotcha. Yeah, my oldest was obsessed with Hannah Montana but not into Miley’s adult career. She listens to a lot of pop and a lot of progressive RnB in addition to all the progressive bluegrass stuff that we both adore.

All kidding aside, I have never actually listened to a Train album before. I often listen to a greatest hits album in these scenarios to determine a road map of where to explore. By the second song, I was like “oh this is gonna be one of those deals where I know all the songs by heart because ubiquity.”

Then this happened at track four:
IMG_7141.png

I have never heard this song before in my life.

Why does singer dude rap in this?

Also… adult alternative pop. Wtaf?

Edit: Cab explains my question of what adult alternative pop is. They clearly found this on a Rod Stewart 80’s demo cassette.

Re-edit:
Your sweet moonbeam
The smell of you in every single dream I dream
I knew when we collided
You're the one I had decided who's one of my kind
Lololololol.

Also, do you think they paid INXS?

Watching you is the only drug I need
So gangsta, I'm so thug
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Last edited:
master of puppets is maybe like the 3rd best metallica album... despite being called one of the best metal albums of all time its just not as good as ride the lighting or even and justice

And justice is tooo long. You are right that Ride the Lightening is their best album.
And the best Metallica 'lightning' record is Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations released four years before 'Ride The Lightning'...

All kidding aside, I have never actually listened to a Train album before. I often listen to a greatest hits album in these scenarios to determine a road map of where to explore. By the second song, I was like “oh this is gonna be one of those deals where I know all the songs by heart because ubiquity.”

Then this happened at track four:
View attachment 200983

I have never heard this song before in my life.

Why does singer dude rap in this?

Also… adult alternative pop. Wtaf?

Edit: Cab explains my question of what adult alternative pop is. They clearly found this on a Rod Stewart 80’s demo cassette.

Re-edit:

Lololololol.

Also, do you think they paid INXS?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
My train story is that the lead singer is named Pat Monahan and that was also the name of our local real estate agent (a woman) growing up who would come around giving out free calendars and magnets

Back