Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

This was posted in another thread. I said this there: it's the same thought that is getting recycled over and over again in new articles by different writers. It's just a way to meet a content quota at this point.
100% it's the content factory trying to generate hate-clicks. Sadly I hated it *so much* I clicked.

I must say I don't fully disagree with that hot take regarding live album, but to me it depends on the artist / band. Are their live show an opportunity to play their stuff differently than on the original albums ?

I know I love to go to a Ghost show because of the theatrics and visual show, but music wise, the music is 99% played as it already exists on the original record, so a live record from Ghost is for me really not interesting as musical piece at all as I already own all the albums.

On the other hand some artists and band play with their music, improvise, jam together, throw in acoustic version, etc.. This I want from a live album.

I don't really want to signal boost this, but it popped up on my Google feed this morning and it is truly a terrible hot take for the ages: Live albums are pointless – so why do bands insist on releasing them still?
This is an incredibly dumb view of Live albums. Most people don’t listen to live albums to relive their past concert experiences most live records that are good (and they definitely all aren’t) bring something different to the performance that you don’t get from an album take. My favorite live albums give an energy that is nearly impossible to recreate in a sterile studio, sometimes there is alternate takes on classics or covers that most would not include on a studio album. This seams more like an NME click bait-y take than an actual opinion as the authors rationale is really poorly thought out. Seriously, I can think of LOTS of amazing live acts that I would much rather put on a live album vs. a studio album.

Gotcha… Sure, why not. I thought for a moment maybe either Dave started playing Trap music or YT converted to Quakerism but your explanation makes a bit more sense. Thanks!

I brought them up in JQBX yesterday and it turned into a running joke lol. I had no idea they were treated almost the same as Nickelback

Ignorance is bliss I suppose!

I brought them up in JQBX yesterday and it turned into a running joke lol. I had no idea they were treated almost the same as Nickelback

Ignorance is bliss I suppose!
LOL! Yeah I am a recovering Dave-head. I probably saw them live at least a dozen times between High School and College. For a good 4-5 years they were me and my group of friends musical obsession. I will still pop on some of his early albums every now and then if I am feelin' nostalgic. While they can be a bit polarizing I would say they are not as universally reviled has Nickelback. They certainly have their detractors but I think that has more to do with DMB's rabid fan base's insistence that they are the greatest musical talent ever assembled when most find their music alright to good (at least this has been my experience).

LOL! Yeah I am a recovering Dave-head. I probably saw them live at least a dozen times between High School and College. For a good 4-5 years they were me and my group of friends musical obsession. I will still pop on some of his early albums every now and then if I am feelin' nostalgic. While they can be a bit polarizing I would say they are not as universally reviled has Nickelback. They certainly have their detractors but I think that has more to do with DMB's rabid fan base's insistence that they are the greatest musical talent ever assembled when most find their music alright to good (at least this has been my experience).

Yea I agree with all this!!! I'm the same. I hardly listen to them anymore but I will throw some of my favorite songs of theirs on at times for that nostalgia

Hot take....

And modest with it too. :LOL:
My. Counter hot take.
Yeah well i dont put you in the top 5 Billion Kanye. But thanks.

That Beatles film in which they are wiped from history “yesterday” ?
Yeah id do that, i just wouldnt try and pass off any of your tunes after. :devilish:

Hot take....

And modest with it too. :LOL:
My. Counter hot take.
Yeah well i dont put you in the top 5 Billion Kanye. But thanks.

That Beatles film in which they are wiped from history “yesterday” ?
Yeah id do that, i just wouldnt try and pass off any of your tunes after. :devilish:
Wow someone doesnt like Kanye. Talk about a super hot take.....

Alright I got one. In the form of a question. Is music (or any art for that matter) that is made portraying a first person view of a horrible person doing a horrible act viable?
(Ex: Gimme The Loot by BIG, Sex Type Thing by Stone Temple Pilots, Cop Killer by Body Count)

Back