Home Improvement Thread 2: Electric Redo the Loo

How come you need gas for a washer and a dryer? I’ve never heard of ones that aren’t just electric?

Although if i lived in California and had an outside I’d have a clothes line up…
That’s a good question.

As far as the clothes line, it could work, but honestly it’s the only modern appliance I feel that I would want. I always wash dishes by hand.

That’s a good question.

As far as the clothes line, it could work, but honestly it’s the only modern appliance I feel that I would want. I always wash dishes by hand.

Fair enough. I think culturally we just dry clothes outside by line. The only reason I have a dryer is because I only have a balcony and it’s against lease terms to dry clothes on it. Considering your climate v ours it just blows our minds to hear that you use dryers for everything.

But yeah all washers and dryers here are electric. My tumble drier is a nice heat pump one that’s very efficient. I’d never heard of gas ones until you mentioned it there lol.

Fair enough. I think culturally we just dry clothes outside by line. The only reason I have a dryer is because I only have a balcony and it’s against lease terms to dry clothes on it. Considering your climate v ours it just blows our minds to hear that you use dryers for everything.

But yeah all washers and dryers here are electric. My tumble drier is a nice heat pump one that’s very efficient. I’d never heard of gas ones until you mentioned it there lol.

It may be a plumbing issue also they will have to install the pipes directing into the concrete slab foundation. This is part of the reason it’s so expensive.

It may be a plumbing issue also they will have to install the pipes directing into the concrete slab foundation. This is part of the reason it’s so expensive.

Yeah that’s a problem for the washer alright. For the dryer I’ve always had condensers for that reason lol.

Yeah, but a dryer makes your towels nice and fluffy!

Bit of a strange turn of events regarding the drier replacement parts...

So to fix the drier I bought a motor from a parts warehouse. I noticed the motor box came with a return label, but figured that was only in the event that I needed to return the part for some reason. Installed everything and a week later I get an email with return instructions, totally unprompted and with vaguely threatening language like "PLEASE DO NOT DEFACE OR WRITE ON THE MANUFACTURER SHIPPING BOX". I replied to their service department and said I never applied for a return/refund and the part is in-service. They kindly replied that it was their mistake and to disregard.

Cut to last night when I get a PayPal alert that I have a refund pending for the amount of the motor (less shipping). Along with two separate emails) one computer-generated and one from what looks like a human) saying they are pleased to have processed my refund.

So at this point I keep the money right? Am I legally obligated the return it if they realize their mistake?

So to fix the drier I bought a motor from a parts warehouse. I noticed the motor box came with a return label, but figured that was only in the event that I needed to return the part for some reason. Installed everything and a week later I get an email with return instructions, totally unprompted and with vaguely threatening language like "PLEASE DO NOT DEFACE OR WRITE ON THE MANUFACTURER SHIPPING BOX". I replied to their service department and said I never applied for a return/refund and the part is in-service. They kindly replied that it was their mistake and to disregard.

Cut to last night when I get a PayPal alert that I have a refund pending for the amount of the motor (less shipping). Along with two separate emails) one computer-generated and one from what looks like a human) saying they are pleased to have processed my refund.

So at this point I keep the money right? Am I legally obligated the return it if they realize their mistake?
:censored:

(this is not legal advice)

We got a free brand new dishwasher from a big box store due to a clerical error so….I think you know what my answer is

IMG_4091.jpeg

Back