Hip Hop

I feel similarly. I wasn’t blown away on first listen. Some really good tracks and some I can see skipping in the future.

However, I will say Jill Scott absolutely killed her feature. I was really impressed. And Keisha Plum was dope as usual.
Wayne snapped so hard I completely missed Ross' verse.. ha ha

this album is quite good... not fully sure what I think of it so it will definitely get plenty more listens.

for me at least, it's not as consistent throughout as his best work but it's a really good album

I feel similarly. I wasn’t blown away on first listen. Some really good tracks and some I can see skipping in the future.

However, I will say Jill Scott absolutely killed her feature. I was really impressed. And Keisha Plum was dope as usual.
Tossin' my hat in the ring.

My expectations weren't super high even though Conway is my favorite out of the group. I didn't really enjoy La Maquina and was almost expecting him to bring that more modern trap feel to this. I was pleasantly surprised that even for a major label debut, I don't feel he had to really change up his vision, the one and damn near only thing I think Shady handled properly during this deal.

Yeah, there were some tracks with crossover appeal (so happy ross's verse is the last so i can skip it, lol), but even then, Conway is doing what Conway does best. Some great storytelling weaved throughout it and I didn't think I'd enjoy him over a Justice League beat as much as I did. Drumwork really showed off on their collective track, excited to see what those other two have coming. That closer? Damn near gave me chills.

Excited to dig deeper and for TT4 next month.

Last edited:
Tossin' my hat in the ring.

My expectations weren't super high even though Conway is my favorite out of the group. I didn't really enjoy La Maquina and was almost expecting him to bring that more modern trap feel to this. I was pleasantly surprised that even for a major label debut, I don't feel he had to really change up his vision, the one and damn near only thing I think Shady handled properly during this deal.

Yeah, there were some tracks with crossover appeal (so happy ross's verse is the last so i can skip it, lol), but even then, Conway is doing what Conway does best. Some great storytelling weaved throughout it and I didn't think I'd enjoy him over a Justice League beat as much as I did. Drumwork really showed off on that track, excited to see what those two have coming. That closer? Damn near gave me chills.

Excited to dig deeper and for TT4 next month.
yeah, the last track is incredible

View attachment 130316

Mailman just dropped off some new goodies to get me through the afternoon!
DJ Quik is vastly underrated. He was around hanging with the g-funk and golden age dudes, but then could jump on a track with the modern rappers in the early 2000s rap scene. Should hear more about him.

DJ Quik is vastly underrated. He was around hanging with the g-funk and golden age dudes, but then could jump on a track with the modern rappers in the early 2000s rap scene. Should hear more about him.
Couldn't agree more, and the fact he came out with a unique sound centered around live instrumentation instead of sampling makes me respect him that much more too. I wish he'd pop up more on modern west coast rap artist's albums, hopefully him and Vince Staples cooked up something nice for Vince's upcoming album

Lovage and 180g Pray for Haiti showed up today!

SO I'm still looking for vinyl or cassette of HWH8: side B and would be willing to trade either the pink or 180g black P4H. Haven't decided which to keep since getting two was an accident.

SO I'm still looking for vinyl or cassette of HWH8: side B and would be willing to trade either the pink or 180g black P4H. Haven't decided which to keep since getting two was an accident.

did you order Lovage from HHV?

neither of those albums have shipped out for me and i'm not far at all from Fresh Produce Records. :(

I have another random question for any of you on here. Have you bought anything recently distributed by Clay Pasternack? I've completely lost track and seem to be missing something which is worrying that I don't even know what I've got coming these days but I've got a funny feeling this has happened before with CP. It's saying delivered and unless it was a duplicate tracking number it's just a bit strange.
I am also still waiting for a notice about P4H but I've rinsed it so much I'm not so upset as some other things but I really hope all your copies turn up asap for you to all drive your neighbours bonkers. Edit: with some seriously dope hh.

I
ive had the shipping notice without tracking for the standard black two weeks back , nothing here so far, i hate buying from the UK since brexit.
the picture disc my buddy grabbed for me has no shipping notice yet
I randomly received tracking with my standard black (shipping notification on Feb 16th), and it’s just now showing as leaving the UK.

Back