Hip Hop

I was hoping this would come through for $25 somewhere stateside...
Also the new Benny is really good but... Cole on Tana Talk? Consider my hopes for a true TT3 follow-up nixed. Picture Cole on Rubber Bands or Broken Bottles... Not happenin. Still looking forward to it but damn looking like the "old Griselda" vibe is really behind them all now.

Also the new Benny is really good but... Cole on Tana Talk? Consider my hopes for a true TT3 follow-up nixed. Picture Cole on Rubber Bands or Broken Bottles... Not happenin. Still looking forward to it but damn looking like the "old Griselda" vibe is really behind them all now.

this was my feelings as well but im gonna try to believe this was just a one off song ;)

I think collabos like this and Benny's sound evolving/changing is going to be inevitable now that he has a major record deal. I'm sure there will still be plenty of what we have come to love about him sound wise, but Def Jam is going to want to broaden his appeal and push more records and streams so like you said, that "old Griseda" is probably a sound we'll hear less often from him. I guess we'll know soon enough when TT4 drops.

I think collabos like this and Benny's sound evolving/changing is going to be inevitable now that he has a major record deal. I'm sure there will still be plenty of what we have come to love about him sound wise, but Def Jam is going to want to broaden his appeal and push more records and streams so like you said, that "old Griseda" is probably a sound we'll hear less often from him. I guess we'll know soon enough when TT4 drops.
Looking back more closely, it actually looks like it's been since 2019 that I think he dropped much of anything in his old "harder" style. And that's not throwing shade, I get that he's been evolving his sound and broadening his appeal and clearly it's been working (although I think that after Plugs 1 his trajectory would've been much the same whether he swapped styles up or not. 18 Wheeler was infectious). The only exceptions where he's gone in his old bag in the last two years were the singles 3:30 in Houston and Deal or No Deal from 2020 and maybe War Paint and some of that random "respect the sopranos" album with BSF. I guess I just hadn't realized it had been that long since Plugs 1. Don't get me wrong I like BoP and most of the newer stuff and I think he is actually getting better and better as far as his technical rapping ability, I just preferred his style on Steroids, My first Brick etc and am still waiting/hoping for a return to that style for at least one more project.

Anyway with WSG ALC and Daringer at the helm this thing can't possibly turn out a disappointment.

Back