Hip Hop

Maybe it's just because I'm from Chicago, but I find 10 Day to be overlooked even though Acid Rap is clearly the better project between the two. Then there's Coloring Book....Still ordered all 3 because I'd feel weird not having the full set.
Mick Jenkins & Lupe are my go to M.C.'s when it comes to Chi City.

So Juice isn't on the streaming version of Acid Rap. I'm now concerned that it's not getting pressed to the record either *sigh*

Edit: And 10 Day is missing Windows. Goddammit.

Damn, that’s not a good sign for the record. Also, I heard the description originally mentioned VMP, I wonder what the hell that was all about.

So I just got an email saying there is a delay due to production issues with Bandana ... but I hadn't received shipping notification yet. Did anyone who got a shipping notice get one of these new emails or did they just oversell it and I got the short end of the stick here?

I got the same email, but I heard that some people got shipping emails with tracking already. I emailed Rappcats just now and asked them what is up.

I also got that email, but no shipping email. Which I thought was weird because their whole thing was that they already had these versions of the record pressed in the first place. Unless I misread it.

It definitely said that on the site. I read that description like 10 times trying to figure out what the hell the difference was between the two versions of the record. It said something like “it was pressed back in April”.

It definitely said that on the site. I read that description like 10 times trying to figure out what the hell the difference was between the two versions of the record. It said something like “it was pressed back in April”.

They responded to my email already:

I'll address the delay first: There was a delay getting these shipped to our distributor from the pressing plant. We are working to get all pre-sale orders shipped in the next week or two - as soon as possible. The information I have is some copies arrived on time, so the decision was made to start sending orders out as soon as possible in the order in which we received them. I totally understand the confusion I don't like the wording they chose to use in the email.

I'll address the delay first: There was a delay getting these shipped to our distributor from the pressing plant. We are working to get all pre-sale orders shipped in the next week or two - as soon as possible. The information I have is some copies arrived on time, so the decision was made to start sending orders out as soon as possible in the order in which we received them. I totally understand the confusion I don't like the wording they chose to use in the email.

I haven’t heard any of the songs besides Flat yummy tea yet and I plan to keep it that way until I get the record. I am starting to feel like it was pointless to get both versions. They actually responded to my email just now too:

Hey,

I totally understand. There was an unforeseen delay getting the discs to our distributor on time who's shipping these. We're hoping to get the majority of orders shipped next week. Unfortunately it's just out of our control, sorry to let you down. If there is anything else we can do for you let us know.

Thank you,

Ben
Rappcats

I haven’t heard any of the songs besides Flat yummy tea yet and I plan to keep it that way until I get the record. I am starting to feel like it was pointless to get both versions. They actually responded to my email just now too:

Hey,

I totally understand. There was an unforeseen delay getting the discs to our distributor on time who's shipping these. We're hoping to get the somajority of orders shipped next week. Unfortunately it's just out of our control, sorry to let you down. If there is anything else we can do for you let us know.

Thank you,

Ben
Rappcats

Hey, at least they offered anything else to help you! I'm having slight buyer's remorse at the moment but I hope when the album shows up, that disappears. I think I'm going to avoid the album until the wax arrives too. Also, my download isn't available on rappcats either so I can't legally do it anyway.

I haven’t heard a damn thing. No shipping email or shipment delay email or anything. About to email them myself.

Bandana is so. fucking. good. The Pusha & Freddie collab is the stuff of dreams, stick arguably the two most consistently great rappers of the 10s on one track and you know shit is going down...

Halfway through the new Daniel Caesar now and really enjoying it, but I have seen a bit of a mixed response to it so your milage may vary:

Woob is gonna have a heart attack once he sees all this VMP talk in here...
Nah I dont hate VMP talk when it makes sense. Its bringing VMP track talk in here for no reason when there is a specific thread for that, especially after I've asked multiple times to keep it there.

Also my guess on the VMP originally mentioned for the Chance releases is they are getting exclusives/AOTM of those albums but different versions than Chance is selling. That's a total guess tho

Last edited:
For me, Juice is a :30 second song and it just has Chance saying "I really wanted Juice to be on the mixtape but I couldn't get it cleared in time." And something about all the streaming proceeds for that clip going to charity.
Damnit, I just listened to it and you're right. That's a shame.

Back