Hip Hop

Eternal Atake is definitely Uzi's best project imo. I can't say I like it though. I'm just not that big of a fan of him. However, there's no denying how good of a song Prices is.

when you listen to eternal atake and get to P2

giphy.gif

Purple Moonlight pages sounded really great on first listen, gonna be playing that one a bunch in the upcoming weeks. Eternal Atake was really good, Uzi seems to have found his stride, kinda reminds me of when Future put out DS2 and it finally clicked for me.

I woke up and immediately threw it on. After my initial listen I like it, but think his last few as Milo were slightly better. I'd add " No Starving Artists" "RO Talk" "Laundry" and "Absolutes" as favorites as well as the three you listed and the 2 singles
I definitely prefer it to Budding Ornithologists. That one has some good highs but drags for me in between. Some of the production really doesn't grab me.

I have a hard time ranking it along with So The Flies Don't Come and Who Told You To Think, but at least at the moment I'll put it up with them. All three have a different feel for me though. We'll see how the new one ages for me.

I've been having a good R.A.P. Ferreira/milo listening day at work today because of your post, so thanks.

Damn, I wish I hadn't been too busy to see it when he repressed So The Flies Don't Come.

I definitely prefer it to Budding Ornithologists. That one has some good highs but drags for me in between. Some of the production really doesn't grab me.

I have a hard time ranking it along with So The Flies Don't Come and Who Told You To Think, but at least at the moment I'll put it up with them. All three have a different feel for me though. We'll see how the new one ages for me.

I've been having a good R.A.P. Ferreira/milo listening day at work today because of your post, so thanks.

Damn, I wish I hadn't been too busy to see it when he repressed So The Flies Don't Come.
I love Budding Ornithologist and rank that right along with So The Flies Dont Come and Who Told You to Think?!?! I initially put Purple Moonlight Pages a notch below those three, but the more I listen to it the more I think it may be on their level.

I woke up and immediately threw it on. After my initial listen I like it, but think his last few as Milo were slightly better. I'd add " No Starving Artists" "RO Talk" "Laundry" and "Absolutes" as favorites as well as the three you listed and the 2 singles
Also, man that bass at the end of No Starving Artists.

Things I bet not mentioned in the doc: PBW keeping Madlib on a salary while he produced 90% of the label's hits... Madlib and Egon splitting the first chance they could get. And all their other shady shit. There's a reason all the rap artists left Stones Throw.

Care to share?

Care to share?

My understanding from people in the industry is PBW is not known for being good with paying artists. I have heard this from artists that have worked in the same circles but not directly for them. In fact, it was sorta unprompted.. I was like, man.. I'd love to be the next PBW and they sorta corrected me like.. yeah, maybe choose another person to try and model yourself after.. he's known for x, y and z.

Back