Hip Hop

Also this.. gross. They could have pressed it properly the first time

Yah I love the album but the vinyl pressing (even the director's cut) wasn't great. If I remember right, it was noticeably quiet compared to other records. I am a huge Madlib / Rappcats stan but even I am getting really annoyed by their cash-grabs lately. Why do we need like 5 versions of Bandana and 7 of Pinata? Especially when everyone who wants one has a copy, but now they are doing the pressing justice?

Yah I love the album but the vinyl pressing (even the director's cut) wasn't great. If I remember right, it was noticeably quiet compared to other records. I am a huge Madlib / Rappcats stan but even I am getting really annoyed by their cash-grabs lately. Why do we need like 5 versions of Bandana and 7 of Pinata? Especially when everyone who wants one has a copy, but now they are doing the pressing justice?

Don't forget exclusive covers.. cause .. uhn.. cause..even I'm having a hard time justifying those.

I just realized that I don't have Reloaded by Roc Marci. I swear that I would have sworn that I did, especially since it's so good. but I also realized that I do have The Prequel. easy come, easy go I suppose.View attachment 35324

Man.. I love Roc but that The Prequel record was massively disappointing. Especially that throwaway Just Blaze record.

Also this.. gross. They could have pressed it properly the first time

so I overpaid for the directors cut bundle already, but if I actually want a great sounding copy I need to fork over another $40 plus shipping?? I like this album, a lot, but fuck the shit out of this 😡

so I overpaid for the directors cut bundle already, but if I actually want a great sounding copy I need to fork over another $40 plus shipping?? I like this album, a lot, but fuck the shit out of this 😡

Honestly, the way they handled Bandana put me off the record so much I don't think I've listened to it since I pre-ordered it and got the download. Like.. I cancelled the pre-order for the Directors cut and then got it from someone on Reddit for cheaper than rappcats charged me (and refunded me)

Honestly, the way they handled Bandana put me off the record so much I don't think I've listened to it since I pre-ordered it and got the download. Like.. I cancelled the pre-order for the Directors cut and then got it from someone on Reddit for cheaper than rappcats charged me (and refunded me)

did your download at least have all the tracks? Mine sure as shit didn’t 🙄

did your download at least have all the tracks? Mine sure as shit didn’t 🙄

Maybe? I actually deleted the mp3s, that's how pissed off I was.. Like, I think I paid $84 for the directors cut? Then they weren't even going to ship the directors cut early so I just aksed them to refund the whole thing. Ended up getting the directors cutand the regular version shipped for like $40? Just fucking made me so angry I haven't even listened to the vinyl yet.. it's just sitting here.

Surprised no one posted this yet. Alchemist really after that bag haha, he has had so many releases lately. The hat is dope, might pick up a black copy (who am I kidding of course I will).

Surprised no one posted this yet. Alchemist really after that bag haha, he has had so many releases lately. The hat is dope, might pick up a black copy (who am I kidding of course I will).

Rememeber him and Scott Caan did this while going to Beverly Hills High School (the one made famous by 90210) and he will never not be a corny ass dude to me.

FWIW, half speed is little more than a gimmick and definitely doesn't inherently mean that it will sound better. It might though, depending on how little effort went into mastering the other version, and what source they supply them with.

Back