Hip Hop

Not sure where to put this, but this is absolute gold:

I couldn't really think of anything to go right there so I decided to blow off some stream and go on a date. I meet this girl, and I wasn't married or nothing back then, so we get back to the crib, and you know, I'm rounding second base and next thing you know she starts to come up out of her clothes and I see this... this... THING. I was like, "What is that?!" She was like, "It's a thong!" I was like, "A THONG?!"

You ever see that movie The Ten Commandments? It's an old school movie... Charlton Heston. At first when he was in Egypt, his hair was dark. Then he went up in the mountains and saw God, and when he came back down his hair was silver. That's literally what happened to me.

The next day I call all my boys and I'm like, "Gather around let me tell you tale. I saw this THING. It was like dental floss, but it was underwear. She called it a thong." Now I'm from Baltimore, so this is a bunch of thugs and all of a sudden everybody had stuff to do. "Hey man, I think I left a pie in the oven." Everybody just dispersed. They roll out.

The next day I'm working on the song. My boy comes in like he just saw an accident or something. He's like, "Yo turn off the music! I went out with this girl last night and guess what she gave me? When we got back to the crib, she gave me that thong-tha-thong-thong-thong." He literally said it just like that. And I was rolling, I thought it was so funny. He was like, "Plus she had them dumps." I was like, "Dumps? Like a dump truck? Like she was backing it up on you?" He said, "Exactamundo."

Last edited:

THE-GOAT-Vinyl_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Less then 1,000 units.

Big L - Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
BigL_3LP_00_Bundle_grande.jpg

Big L - Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
BigL_3LP_00_Bundle_grande.jpg
Just anchoring to this post.

Has anyone bought any of the more recent GoD reissues? Dilated? JBs? etc. if so is the pressing quality any better? I forget which GoD records I have '93 til infinity is one, I think I have a Curren$y record or two by them and the pressings were pretty shitty. I think about purchasing a reissue here and there but it the vinyl sucks and the sound sucks I can just stick with the interwebs or what I have on CD.

Speaking of reissues that I was fairly excited for my copy of Internal Affairs landed. The color is cool BUT the cover has been altered and it's kind of crappy. The flames are different than the original and Pharoahe's face is kind-of faded out. He's in the water on the cover and appears wet on the original, but that doesn't come through on the reissue - minor complaint. The back cover is different too. and no printed inner sleeves. I've only listened to the second lp (flattening the first) and it sounds fine to my ear. Didn't seem to be a muddy digital transfer. I'm not sure if it's any better or worse than an original pressing or cd., but it's nice to have an affordable copy.

I wish that someone would put the time and care into hip hop reissues that more often goes into the reissues for other genres.

I never noticed the Hollywood sign on the Bandana cover says Hollyweed on the VMP version cover 🤯
Interesting. That's a little odd. Was this mentioned? I feel like I've never heard that until now and did some google searching (missed out on it so don't have one ( :cry: ) and it sure is.The mockup however has the normal cover.

Interesting. That's a little odd. Was this mentioned? I feel like I've never heard that until now and did some google searching (missed out on it so don't have one ( :cry: ) and it sure is.The mockup however has the normal cover.

I saw it on Egon’s IG. He posted all the Bandana variants and mentioned alternate artwork for VMP and it took me a while to finally spot it. Other people in the comments noticed too and Egon commented that it was an easter egg that nobody ended up noticing

I saw it on Egon’s IG. He posted all the Bandana variants and mentioned alternate artwork for VMP and it took me a while to finally spot it. Other people in the comments noticed too and Egon commented that it was an easter egg that nobody ended up noticing

I only noticed it when I added it to my discogs collection. It’s in the notes section that the cover says “Hollyweed” but I assumed people knew this so I never said anything. Guess I wasn’t the only one though.

New Blu & Exile

The 6th release on Too Many Records is up today and already blowing towards the goal!

Supa Sortahuman X Shawn Kemp
Supasonic
Featuring: Lil Ugly Mane, Dizzy D, Jhi Ali and Snaxx
Limited to 100 copies (or whatever it hits during crowdfund)

Back