Hip Hop

Went on a bit of a rabbit hole of YouTube yesterday watching Lupe Instalive's with other people. I have now subscribed to Lupe's Instagram as I don't want to miss any of that. I stopped following Lupe on all platforms (I don't really use Instagram anyway) as he was on some Talib Kweli level of annoying before but it seems like that might not be the case anymore. The conversation with Lupe and Royce seemed really good, just wish I saw the whole thing.

However, when watching some videos I came across this which I thought was really Cool :cool: :

Reminds of that 2009-10 rap. Smooth flow, feel good feathery beats. Good album to throw on while doing some pool drankin'

I went through a lot of this album last night and the more I'd hear, the more convinced I became that this kid is going to blow up on a whole different level from this. He's a story teller and he seems to be heading more toward that Pac lane as far as lyrical content and addressing real shit. There's a lot of really vulnerable subject matter. Plenty of people are going to connect with this on a much deeper and more emotional level beyond some trap or party record.

The 6th release on Too Many Records is up today and already blowing towards the goal!

Supa Sortahuman X Shawn Kemp
Supasonic
Featuring: Lil Ugly Mane, Dizzy D, Jhi Ali and Snaxx
Limited to 100 copies (or whatever it hits during crowdfund)

I gave this a listen and at first I thought maybe that project was just shit.
But I listened to it again and I feel like I dont like it because of the way its mixed.
Sounds like the vocals are all muddied up and buried to close amongst the instrumental.

But you hit your goal already.
Congrats man.

Oh meant to post this the other day but Kenny Segal was on instagram teasing a 5th Anniversary repress for a much loved album that he was involved in... wasn't specific about the project but let's just say it's a fairly short list from what I understand 👀 Kenny Segal
Oh shit! PLEASE be So The Flies Don't Come!

Oh meant to post this the other day but Kenny Segal was on instagram teasing a 5th Anniversary repress for a much loved album that he was involved in... wasn't specific about the project but let's just say it's a fairly short list from what I understand 👀 Kenny Segal
If it's Busdriver - Thumbs, I will be dissapointed, since that one is still available. Good record that I should have gotten by now, though.

I went through a lot of this album last night and the more I'd hear, the more convinced I became that this kid is going to blow up on a whole different level from this. He's a story teller and he seems to be heading more toward that Pac lane as far as lyrical content and addressing real shit. There's a lot of really vulnerable subject matter. Plenty of people are going to connect with this on a much deeper and more emotional level beyond some trap or party record.
Yeah agreed. Once I got to the end and found the last track was a Pac Changes homage, I smashed the buy button.

He's a story teller and he seems to be heading more toward that Pac lane as far as lyrical content and addressing real shit. There's a lot of really vulnerable subject matter.
Yeah agreed. Once I got to the end and found the last track was a Pac Changes homage, I smashed the buy button.

Enjoyed this one, the back half of the album really shines and shows more of the Pac influence. Not sure if I'm going to buy it yet but will listen again to see if the first half clicks more on further listening.

Back