Hip Hop

True! Also, being a completionist with mild OCD, Mach albums would leap frog to the top, and they all are grossly overpriced. So i'd just be digging myself a deeper hole.

I am happy with my Droog collection at 25-30 a pop and am graetful for all and any Mach features that may bring

Overpriced??? You can't put a price on artwork like Mach's. Shit is truth/life/lit/woke af.

giphy.gif

Soul seek is by far the SHITTEST way of collecting music I have ever used.
Bad quality rips.
Fake quality rips.
Disorganized.
Ugly af UI
Toxic community.
The best stuff is locked away by some uptight $$$$ who thinks he is a god "Why should I share with you?"

U ever see what.cd? once you see what.cd everything fails but Redacted and Orpheus at least are trying.
What.cd was the best. Redacted is not bad so far but not quite as good as what was...haven't tried Orpheus.

Expensive reissue of Things Fall Apart is up for preorder. Think ya can get 20% off and free shipping if you become a new member there. Sure it will go up on Amazon and so too.

Ya, I definitely miss What.CD, but Redacted at least is doing well for how long its been around
I recently got an Aries Mini streamer in an attempt to cut down on my vinyl purchases and redacted has been clutch in helping me fill out some FLAC files.

I recently got an Aries Mini streamer in an attempt to cut down on my vinyl purchases and redacted has been clutch in helping me fill out some FLAC files.

I have also been looking for a good way to stream files to my system as well. I have a huge digital library that only gets headphone listens as of right now. Gonna check out that Aries

giphy.gif

Soul seek is by far the SHITTEST way of collecting music I have ever used.
Bad quality rips.
Fake quality rips.
Disorganized.
Ugly af UI
Toxic community.
The best stuff is locked away by some uptight $$$$ who thinks he is a god "Why should I share with you?"

U ever see what.cd? once you see what.cd everything fails but Redacted and Orpheus at least are trying.
LOL, while Pretty much everything ya stated here is true . Personally, I have done pretty well for myself over the years using it but it doesn’t mean they’re aren’t better options I might haveta play around with these over the weekend. Thank!

I have also been looking for a good way to stream files to my system as well. I have a huge digital library that only gets headphone listens as of right now. Gonna check out that Aries
The Aries Mini is great. Only two downsides for me so far (one of which doesn't matter to me). I believe the software is only for iOS (I have iOS though so not a big deal). And they are very hard to find for some reason. I found one on eBay for a really good deal with the linear power supply and a 500GB harddrive installed.

The nice things are you can install an internal HD on it. You can also add an external DAC down the line if you want. Sound quality is really nice. You can incorporate Tidal/Qobuz/Roon. It has bluetooth + Airplay also.

I'd recommend heading over to the thread on here about digital streaming if you need recs or have questions! people over there were super helpful in recommending me something like the Aries.

The Aries Mini is great. Only two downsides for me so far (one of which doesn't matter to me). I believe the software is only for iOS (I have iOS though so not a big deal). And they are very hard to find for some reason. I found one on eBay for a really good deal with the linear power supply and a 500GB harddrive installed.

The nice things are you can install an internal HD on it. You can also add an external DAC down the line if you want. Sound quality is really nice. You can incorporate Tidal/Qobuz/Roon. It has bluetooth + Airplay also.

I'd recommend heading over to the thread on here about digital streaming if you need recs or have questions! people over there were super helpful in recommending me something like the Aries.
nice! I didn't know that thread existed. Thanks for the heads up

10AM EST and nobody has said one word about this new Young Thug album. I've truly lost all hope in this thread. One of the most fun listens I've heard this year. 30 seconds in: "Had to wear the dress cause I had a stick" and you're not gonna say he's the GOAT?

It's a busy day music wise but I'm excited to get to it.

10AM EST and nobody has said one word about this new Young Thug album. I've truly lost all hope in this thread. One of the most fun listens I've heard this year. 30 seconds in: "Had to wear the dress cause I had a stick" and you're not gonna say he's the GOAT?

Lol safe to assume any "mainstream" release brought up in here gets passed over 9 out of 10 times. I have learned

I'm about to jump into it!! I will holla back soon :)

I've only gotten a few songs into the Thug album. Is it just me or is the production very much lacking? Thug sounds great as usual but the beats are just doing nothing for me.

This is the worst take I've ever seen. Literally none of those things you listed are a problem if you know how to operate a computer.
My biggest issue is usually with obscure releases that rely on others to rip their LPs to digital. Lots of those can sound like hot garbage but usually if I download enough copies I can find one that’ll work.

Back