Guitar pop/power pop/indie pop/chamber pop/twee and sounds related!

Alright power pop/indie pop fans, the vinyl campaign to repress the phenomenal The World Won't End by Pernice Brothers ends in 4 days. It's successfully funded, so there will be LPs. But, this is likely the last time it will ever be pressed.

Alright power pop/indie pop fans, the vinyl campaign to repress the phenomenal The World Won't End by Pernice Brothers ends in 4 days. It's successfully funded, so there will be LPs. But, this is likely the last time it will ever be pressed.
Like to see a few of their others get a press too. Thanks for the heads up on this one!

Like to see a few of their others get a press too. Thanks for the heads up on this one!
Joe said next up is Discover A Lovelier You this summer. And, assuming they can find the master tapes/art, he said they also want to do:
Yours, Mine And Ours
Live A Little
Goodbye, Killer
Australia ep (side 1)/Sandwich ep (side 2) on one LP

Here's Joe's email list signup. He sends out funny, rambling missives regularly.

Last edited:
Hear hear on getting the vinyl of The World Won't End! I have the 2012 one from American Dust, but might just get this one too, as a token of support for Joe Pernice and his wonderful music!

Hear hear on getting the vinyl of The World Won't End! I have the 2012 one from American Dust, but might just get this one too, as a token of support for Joe Pernice and his wonderful music!
Per Joe:
"The tracks sound better than ever to me. I approved the new masters this morning. Our friends at Peerless Mastering (who mastered the original 2001 release) remastered from the original studio mixes, and optimized them for vinyl. If I was a fan of my music, which I am not (TOO DEPRESSING AND MAJOR SEVENTHY), this is version you want. It kicks."

Joe said next up is Discover A Lovelier You this summer. And, assuming they can find the master tapes/art, he said they also want to do:
Yours, Mine And Ours
Live A Little
Goodbye, Killer
Australia ep (side 1)/Sandwich ep (side 2) on one LP

Here's Joe's email list signup. He sends out funny, rambling missives regularly.
Right on, I love Yours Mine and Ours, and Live a Little. Looking forward to those. Happy to see some of these records that never were on vinyl getting done.

Long hiatus from my end. Love the new Teenage Fanclub! But wanted to give some shout out to the very great Beachheads out of Norway. They do great power pop/punk pop. Lots of guitars and pounding drums. This is from their first and only album, next one should be on its way.

The video was recorded in one of Oslo's few remaining independent record stores, Tiger.

Long hiatus from my end. Love the new Teenage Fanclub! But wanted to give some shout out to the very great Beachheads out of Norway. They do great power pop/punk pop. Lots of guitars and pounding drums. This is from their first and only album, next one should be on its way.

The video was recorded in one of Oslo's few remaining independent record stores, Tiger.

Awesome melodies in this one, thanks for sharing this!

I feel like ranking #1 Record and Radio City as a joint #1 is cheating. Although, tbf, I’d probably have them as my 1 and 2 if I were to make a list
They're both fantastic. I love the rabbit holes these lists will get me going into. I need something a little more upbeat lately, thought of spring and all that I guess.

It’s been a year since the last post in here!

If you’re still following this thread, you’ll most likely enjoy this one. Really fun 80s-sounding jangle-power pop record. Definitely one that grows on you each time you replay it.

I feel like this page needs to get going again with all the Power Pop talk on the Pre-order thread due to the Jellyfish reissues. Gonna try to start adding some videos occasionally to spark things.

Here's a supergroup with Mike Viola, Andy Sturmer and Bleu. Alpacas Orgling is a fantastic record!

Completely agree, @Matt M!

I’ll try and post some stuff about once a week or so. Perhaps more often if life permits…

Anyway: just picked up this one from a guy that’s selling his collection. Lots of sweet Elephant Six stuff. I opted for quality over quantity and forked out for a holy grail album that I always regretted not getting two decades ago!

Beulah - The Coast Is Never Clear (Velocette, 2001)

IMG_5173.jpeg

Completely agree, @Matt M!

I’ll try and post some stuff about once a week or so. Perhaps more often if life permits…

Anyway: just picked up this one from a guy that’s selling his collection. Lots of sweet Elephant Six stuff. I opted for quality over quantity and forked out for a holy grail album that I always regretted not getting two decades ago!

Beulah - The Coast Is Never Clear (Velocette, 2001)

View attachment 183794
Awesome! Super jealous. The only thing I have is his solo record, found it cheap at a local a few years ago hidden in some things.

If you feel like sharing that seller, would love to take a look at what's for sale.

Awesome! Super jealous. The only thing I have is his solo record, found it cheap at a local a few years ago hidden in some things.

If you feel like sharing that seller, would love to take a look at what's for sale.

Hey, man, I'll look into it but he did only want pick-ups at his apartment, so might be a long shot.

It's such a great set of albums they did. I can't think of any good reasons why they're not reissues, other than rights-related issues. Now, the hunt continues for When Your Heartstrings Break...

Back