Guitar pop/power pop/indie pop/chamber pop/twee and sounds related!

Also, for all the fans of Scottish pop, keep an eye out on the Last Night From Glasgow label. I'm a member, and around £100 gets you around 6-8 records a year. They do like their Scottish (power) pop. They reissued the Bluebells this year, and lots of Transhcan Sinatras stuff on the horizon...
Its too bad their site does not seem to want to tell how much the shipping is for membership because I would be willing to sign up.

Tidal link

Last edited:
@espendo - do you know much about I Was a King? I know they're from your bit and have a Norman Blake connection, but other than watching one video I don't know much more.
They're great - one of the last concerts I saw, was at the local pub/restaurant just around the corner. I really like Anne Lise Frøkedal who plays guitar and sings for them. This is their last albim

Also damaged goods in the UK are just rereleasing heavenly and Tallulah gosh compilations on vinyl

Love The Lucksmiths, but have none of their records... Saw them in Oslo many summers and winters ago. Great stuff!
Unfortunately most of them are not out on vinyl. There is a great best of comp called "cartography for beginners" but is cd only

Back