Guitar pop/power pop/indie pop/chamber pop/twee and sounds related!

In other news. The Tyde which I think is one of the best guitar pop bands of the last 25 years will see reissues of all four albums on vinyl soon, I would think sometime next year, according to Brent Rademaker (bass in early incarnations + Beachwood Sparks and Gospelbeach). Brother Darren and main man hasn't shared the same news, but his social media presence is a little bit more erratic than Brent's...

An album i am currently enjoying is the hello forever album. a little reminiscent of dirty projectors but really fun

This came up today when I let spotify randomly shuffle through my collection , oi thought i'd drop that here

Great stuff, @Matt M!

Must admit I haven't heard much of them before, I see one of the guys from Sloan there, which bodes very well indeed!

And keep those recommendations coming, folks! Guitar pop is good for any season, perhaps especially in this darkest of winters, in more ways than one...

@Matt M: that song was from their first album? Trying to source it but very expensive on Discogs and not many copies other places...

@Matt M: that song was from their first album? Trying to source it but very expensive on Discogs and not many copies other places...
Yep, first and only album as far as I know. That price on discogs is silly, median has only $16. That guy has other stuff totally overpriced too. I think I grabbed mine for $10 used somewhere.

Yep, first and only album as far as I know. That price on discogs is silly, median has only $16. That guy has other stuff totally overpriced too. I think I grabbed mine for $10 used somewhere.

I'll be on the lookout. Those scavengers on Discogs! I have paid good money for rare pressings, but there's a limit to everything....

The new Teenage Fanclub is a great one! Bodes well for the album, that was pushed back even more, now out on April 30th.

Pretty great jangle indie pop from The Boys With The Perpetual Nervousness, a collab between Scotsman Andrew Taylor (Dropkick) and Spaniard Gonzalo Marcos.

Back