Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

i hope lord quas can cheer you up

quasimoto.gif

So. This is more a rant about USPS and a warning to others and catharsis for the stress I just endured.

Just got a package back from a member here who did a stellar job of flattening and communicating the whole time. The problem is that USPS decided to send my package back on a world tour. And that’s where the below happened.
0CE43E89-8939-4535-9257-58AA66E30982.jpeg607D2AD7-3566-4F34-AD6E-E431C37C4925.jpeg87B8635C-D13F-4F76-96C4-C32ED25D3137.jpeg

What you can see is what I can only describe as someone trying to put a javelin straight through the box. All the sleeves have indentations and tears. The record all appear unscathed by some miracle.

My warning is to NOT pack records with the jackets of you are getting things flattened. Pack the package like it could possibly see 10 different states before it gets to you. And maybe splurge for priority shipping with insurance.

I was lucky this time. Next time I’ll be prepared for this...

So. This is more a rant about USPS and a warning to others and catharsis for the stress I just endured.

Just got a package back from a member here who did a stellar job of flattening and communicating the whole time. The problem is that USPS decided to send my package back on a world tour. And that’s where the below happened.
View attachment 32920View attachment 32921View attachment 32922

What you can see is what I can only describe as someone trying to put a javelin straight through the box. All the sleeves have indentations and tears. The record all appear unscathed by some miracle.

My warning is to NOT pack records with the jackets of you are getting things flattened. Pack the package like it could possibly see 10 different states before it gets to you. And maybe splurge for priority shipping with insurance.

Wow, this is horrible. I feel like USPS is getting worse and worse. Seems like it is getting close to the point where it's just worth it to pay priority.

View attachment 32920View attachment 32921View attachment 32922

Wait.... I have so many questions. How do all of the sleeves have exactly the same indentation if it didn't go all the way through the records? Where were the jackets that they all got damaged but the albums didn't? If the sleeves have those crazy indents, how do the albums look fine?

Last edited:
Wait.... I have so many questions. How do all of the sleeves have exactly the same indentation if it didn't go ask the way through the records? Where were the jackets that they all got damaged but the albums didn't? If the sleeves have those crazy indents, how do the albums look fine?
The only question I can answer is that I never sent the jackets. I kept them because I was prepared for something screwy like this to happen. The rest are a mystery.

The only question I can answer is that I never sent the jackets. I kept them because I was prepared for something screwy like this to happen. The rest are a mystery.
But but but, it's impossible for all the record sleeves to have identical puncture damage, and the records themselves that were in the sleeves show none.

Okay so wait... Wait wait wait... Okay so....

So...

The albums... were each in one of those sleeves, and then they were all on top of each other in the box? With maybe some cardboard in between? And they came out with a hole in the box, and that identical indentation in all of the sleeves as if something punched through the entire stack, but even though each sleeves in the stack is damaged, all the vinyl is spotless.

Did I get that right?

Okay so wait... Wait wait wait... Okay so....

So...

The albums... were each in one of those sleeves, and then they were all on top of each other in the box? With maybe some cardboard in between? And they came out with a hole in the box, and that identical indentation in all of the sleeves as if something punched through the entire stack, but even though each sleeves in the stack is damaged, all the vinyl is spotless.

Did I get that right?
Yes.

THAT'S.
NOT.
POSSIBLE!
Ok. So. Maybe. Just maybe. The hole was there in the box when I sent the records which were in different inner sleeves. Then the records were cleaned and flattened then repacked and resent with the indented new sleeves. Making it appear the some magical spear had pierced the sleeves but not the records and thereby inducing panic in both myself and the N&G community at large I REST MY CASE!

But also maybe aliens.

Probably aliens.

Ok. So. Maybe. Just maybe. The hole was there in the box when I sent the records which were in different inner sleeves. Then the records were cleaned and flattened then repacked and resent with the indented new sleeves. Making it appear the some magical spear had pierced the sleeves but not the records and thereby inducing panic in both myself and the N&G community at large I REST MY CASE!

But also maybe aliens.

Probably aliens.
I can’t believe this didn’t occur to me sooner.

But also maybe aliens.

Probably aliens.
Now I’m confused why the records were sent with a bunch of inners.

I’m also baffled that this arrived to someone’s house and they were like, sure this box can be reused!

Now I’m confused why the records were sent with a bunch of inners.
So I sent them not cleaned in original junk inners. But I included a bunch of clean new inners because you don’t want to put cleaned records back in junky dirty inners. So all I can figure is that the puncture happened on the way to flattening and not on the way back. Now that all of this has been immortalized in writing I feel both relieved and foolish for making a mountain out of a molehill.

So I sent them not cleaned in original junk inners. But I included a bunch of clean new inners because you don’t want to put cleaned records back in junky dirty inners. So all I can figure is that the puncture happened on the way to flattening and not on the way back. Now that all of this has been immortalized in writing I feel both relieved and foolish for making a mountain out of a molehill.

Okay, so the first half of the movie was great, then the plot kinda fell apart in the second half and then the big reveal was just one giant plot hole.
4/10 would read again if drunk.

Back