Fresh Grabs

This was actually, if I remember rightly, only available online from the band, the two presses weren’t geographic as such and because the all came direct from the band I think they’re all marked as U.K. releases. I think because of the lower demand for vinyl in general and the fact that there were less plants, one couldn’t handle it on its own in 2011. Itwas split between Record Industries and GZ. There are rumours the GZ one isn’t as good. I had mine ordered and sent to the U.K. and I got a GZ one, it sounds absolutely perfect but I suppose, as always with them, it could well be a crapshoot.
It looks like mine is the RI pressing but will spin it this week! Radiohead's stuff tends to sound very good on vinyl out of the pressings I have.

It looks like mine is the RI pressing but will spin it this week! Radiohead's stuff tends to sound very good on vinyl out of the pressings I have.

Cool! It should be great! The difference to tell is really small, on the GZ the run out grove text is print and in block capitals. The RI one is handwritten in lower case.

Yeah I think the only issue has been since XL took over the catalogue in 2016. The US standard editions are pressed at Rainbo and are supposedly awful! The advice seems to be import the European ones!

My first official (as in not from discogs) Third Man Vault package arrived today:

Vault Package #41 - The Go - 20th Anniversary Whatcha Doin' Remix Redux.
Includes The Go - 20th Anniversary pressing on 'Summer Sun' (read - orange), the Ferdinand Attic Demos LP, Alternative Studio Takes 7" and a 10"X8" photo book.

IMG_6845 2.JPG

Plus some jazz goodies:
Lee Morgan - Sonic Boom (Blue Note, 1979 First UK pressing) - This is actually a posthumous record of tracks recorded on 2 sessions on the 14th & 28th April 1967.
Bill Evans Trio ‎– Everybody Digs Bill Evans (Riverside, 1983 Italian reissue) - a fantastic line up here. For some reason, this reissue seems to go for silly money (£30 median on discogs :unsure: )
IMG_6846 2.JPG

My first official (as in not from discogs) Third Man Vault package arrived today:

Vault Package #41 - The Go - 20th Anniversary Whatcha Doin' Remix Redux.
Includes The Go - 20th Anniversary pressing on 'Summer Sun' (read - orange), the Ferdinand Attic Demos LP, Alternative Studio Takes 7" and a 10"X8" photo book.

View attachment 16814

Plus some jazz goodies:
Lee Morgan - Sonic Boom (Blue Note, 1979 First UK pressing) - This is actually a posthumous record of tracks recorded on 2 sessions on the 14th & 28th April 1967.
Bill Evans Trio ‎– Everybody Digs Bill Evans (Riverside, 1983 Italian reissue) - a fantastic line up here. For some reason, this reissue seems to go for silly money (£30 median on discogs :unsure: )
View attachment 16815
I need more early Bill Evans pressings but they are all pretty pricey! That's a great album though. Have to check out that Lee Morgan too.

I need more early Bill Evans pressings but they are all pretty pricey! That's a great album though. Have to check out that Lee Morgan too.
Yeah its crazy how much Evan's records go for. For a while the 'Sunday At The Village Vanguard' was my most expensive record (according to discogs anyway). I actually went in on this one blind as it only cost £13, but anything with Philly Joe Jones tends to be good in my opinion!

The Morgan is a good set of sessions. I have played his more know albums so many times that I decided to hunt down some of the more obscure stuff. Worth a listen, and this was £15 which I think was a fair price as its in top condition.

Couple of deliveries today.

One from Estonian label RR Gems who released one of my favourites from last year by Muriel Grossmann. Happy to keep supporting them, this one has plenty of potential fellow jazzbos.

C229B601-5785-4C1B-ABDA-BE61752FEA02.jpeg

And a trio of reissues from France’s Heavenly Sweetness label. I wanted to check these out myself because they reissued some really interesting choices from Blue Note and they’re becoming quite difficult to find now.

F2B4F748-AF81-46C0-AD05-94671E50C0E2.jpeg

Couple of deliveries today.

One from Estonian label RR Gems who released one of my favourites from last year by Muriel Grossmann. Happy to keep supporting them, this one has plenty of potential fellow jazzbos.

View attachment 16823

And a trio of reissues from France’s Heavenly Sweetness label. I wanted to check these out myself because they reissued some really interesting choices from Blue Note and they’re becoming quite difficult to find now.

View attachment 16822

Didn't realize Heavenly Sweetness did BN reissues...Let us know how they sound!

Back