Fresh Grabs

just got it now !

any good reads out there that go with this ? @Selaws @Mr Moore ?

View attachment 16890
Hours and hours of magic right there! Not much of a music reader, @Selaws definitely your man for that.
So jealous of this, if it’s anything like the Coltrane Atlantic Years then you are in for a great!

There’s a chapter on Coleman in the A’s Serious As Your Life by Val Wilmer which is a great read overall.

I have Ornette Coleman: His Life, His Music by Peter Niklas Wilson on my list. He also wrote a sonny rollins biography which is great (and endorsed by Rollins with an intro written by him).

Shelly Manne ‎– Shelly Manne Vol. 2 (Contemporary, 1954 First US Pressing, Deep Groove)
Gigi Gryce - Clifford Brown Sextet ‎– "Jazz Time Paris" Vol. 2 (Vogue, 1954 First UK Pressing)

A couple of tasty 10" records. I have listened to Shelly Manne a few times, but never on vinyl so this should be a good start. I was bidding on a copy of the Gigi Gryce/Clifford Brown on ebay and it sold for £155. I jumped over to discogs and bought this one for £10. The sleeve is more worn but the record couldn't be cleaner!
IMG_6866.JPG

Various ‎– J Jazz: Deep Modern Jazz From Japan 1969-1983 (Volume 2) (BBE, 2019)
Makoto Terashita Meets Harold Land ‎– Topology (BBE, 2019 Reissue)

I have been super super excited for these two to arrive. I pre-ordered them the day they were announced and have been excited ever since. This is definitely going to be a friday night spin!
IMG_6868.JPG

Lee Morgan - Indeed!
Hank McCoy - The Real McCoy

Finally got a copy of each that isnt bent!!
IMG_6867.JPG

Shelly Manne ‎– Shelly Manne Vol. 2 (Contemporary, 1954 First US Pressing, Deep Groove)
Gigi Gryce - Clifford Brown Sextet ‎– "Jazz Time Paris" Vol. 2 (Vogue, 1954 First UK Pressing)

A couple of tasty 10" records. I have listened to Shelly Manne a few times, but never on vinyl so this should be a good start. I was bidding on a copy of the Gigi Gryce/Clifford Brown on ebay and it sold for £155. I jumped over to discogs and bought this one for £10. The sleeve is more worn but the record couldn't be cleaner!
View attachment 16911

I have been super super excited for these two to arrive. I pre-ordered them the day they were announced and have been excited ever since. This is definitely going to be a friday night spin!
View attachment 16912

Lee Morgan - Indeed!

View attachment 16913
Love that Hank McCoy!

View attachment 16911

View attachment 16912

Lee Morgan - Indeed!

View attachment 16913
Glad you got some unbent ones! Most of mine have corner dings from being shipped from the UK sadly...

And if you like Shelley Manne, I quite like this record! Can usually be found for pretty cheap and the album cover is awesome too.

New additions, Japanese jazz and Brazilian pop:

View attachment 16960
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Fumio Itabashi. Is this the Studio Mule release? Im surprised you didnt get it when it first came out!

I just now put an order in for the Solid Record/Projecr Re:Vinyl reissue of the Teru Sakamoto Trio - Farewell My Johnny/ Left Alone. I really enjoy their releases but they seem to be pretty expensive. I (hopefully) managed to get a copy of this for £19.99 inc shipping which seems too good to pass up!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Fumio Itabashi. Is this the Studio Mule release? Im surprised you didnt get it when it first came out!

I just now put an order in for the Solid Record/Projecr Re:Vinyl reissue of the Teru Sakamoto Trio - Farewell My Johnny/ Left Alone. I really enjoy their releases but they seem to be pretty expensive. I (hopefully) managed to get a copy of this for £19.99 inc shipping which seems too good to pass up!

I've been waiting for new Studio Mule/Mule Musiq jazz releases to add and save on shipping but their last releases were more electronic or new-age music. I ended purchasing from Flur record shop, one of the best one is Lisbon, who also had that hard to find O Terno record for sale.

I've been waiting for new Studio Mule/Mule Musiq jazz releases to add and save on shipping but their last releases were more electronic or new-age music. I ended purchasing from Flur record shop, one of the best one is Lisbon, who also had that hard to find O Terno record for sale.
Ahhh I see, makes sense. You are in for a treat. I personally think that Watarase is his best release, but this definitely comes close!

Im going to listen to the Makoto Terashita meets Harold Land – Topology tonight, really looking forward to it. I just wish the BBE J-Jazz Masterclass output was a bit more regular.

Ahhh I see, makes sense. You are in for a treat. I personally think that Watarase is his best release, but this definitely comes close!

Im going to listen to the Makoto Terashita meets Harold Land – Topology tonight, really looking forward to it. I just wish the BBE J-Jazz Masterclass output was a bit more regular.

I can't wait to listen to these new releases. I haven't spun a record for weeks now :( I downloaded the new J-Jazz compilation to my Spotify app and, since I have a three jours trin tonight, I'll have plenty of time to give a first try. I am also hoping Studio Mule/Mule Musiq will release more jazz soon, their releases were pretty good.

I can't wait to listen to these new releases. I haven't spun a record for weeks now :( I downloaded the new J-Jazz compilation to my Spotify app and, since I have a three jours trin tonight, I'll have plenty of time to give a first try. I am also hoping Studio Mule/Mule Musiq will release more jazz soon, their releases were pretty good.
Wow, thats some serious time away from the turntable from you @Skalap!! Yeah mine arrived yesterday and its such a fantastic package. I might even get around to listening to a bit of it tonight! I agree with you there, the packaging was pretty basic but the music was top-notch, but it seems to be more electronic/ambient releases lately.

I've been curious about them for a while. They claim to be from the original master tapes, but I've seen people online dispute that fact or at least question whether they are AAA.
They seem a bit hard to find in the US with affordable shipping sadly in my quick googling. Most discogs copies are from abroad as well. But I’ll keep my eye out! I’d love to get some of those Hutcherson albums that I don’t have.

Back