Fresh Grabs

I think I blacked out a bit when I walked in on this freshly priced buyback. Almost all sealed or with the sleeve signed as a bonus. I even left some rarer Halsey stuff (variants, singles) behind as I had to make a call somewhere

Signed Albums / Inserts:

Halsey - Manic, Badlands, Hopeless Mountain Kingdom
Kelsea Ballerini - Kelsea
Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me
Brandi Carlile - By The Way, I Forgive You
Rhys Lewis - In Between Minds
Sara Watkins - Young In All The Wrong Ways
Kate Pierson - Guitars and Microphones
KT Tunstall - Kin
Norah Jones - Pick Me Up Off The Floor
Mavis Staples - If I All I Was Was Black
Lindsey Sterling - Artemis, Snow Waltz, Warmer in Winter

Non Signed Albums

Matt Nathanson - Show Me Your Fangs
Halsey - Room 93
Brandy Clark - Big Day In A Small Town and Live From Los Angeles
Brandi Carlile - KCRW

7”s

Brandi Carlile - Downpour, Raise Hell, Wherever Is Your Heart
Kelsea Ballerini- Spotify Singles
Florence - Sky Full of Song

Pizza Box

Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix Pizza Box Set (all but the prints)

PXL_20230904_203348303.jpgPXL_20230904_203208533.MP.jpgPXL_20230904_203425232.MP.jpgPXL_20230904_203518606.MP.jpgPXL_20230904_203618887.jpgPXL_20230904_203646340.jpgPXL_20230904_203847164.jpg

Last edited:
I think I blacked out a bit when I walked in on this freshly priced buyback. Almost all sealed or with the sleeve signed as a bonus. I even left some rarer Halsey stuff (variants, singles) behind as I had to make a call somewhere

Signed Albums / Inserts:

Halsey - Manic, Badlands, Hopeless Mountain Kingdom
Kelsea Ballerini - Kelsea
Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me
Brandi Carlile - By The Way, I Forgive You
Rhys Lewis - In Between Minds
Sara Watkins - Young In All The Wrong Ways
Kate Pierson - Guitars and Microphones
KT Tunstall - Kin
Norah Jones - Pick Me Up Off The Floor
Mavis Staples - If I All I Was Was Black
Lindsey Sterling - Artemis, Snow Waltz, Warmer in Winter

Non Signed Albums

Matt Nathanson - Show Me Your Fangs
Halsey - Room 93
Brandy Clark - Big Day In A Small Town and Live From Los Angeles
Brandi Carlile - KCRW

7”s

Brandi Carlile - Downpour, Raise Hell, Wherever Is Your Heart
Kelsea Ballerini- Spotify Singles
Florence - Sky Full of Song

Pizza Box

Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix NJ Box Set (all but the prints)

View attachment 181533View attachment 181534View attachment 181535View attachment 181536View attachment 181537View attachment 181538View attachment 181539
Those are some pretty insane prices! Sweet find.

So I traded in 18 albums to my local and used most my of my store credit to pick up this…
IMG_7054.jpeg
An original 1987 SST pressing of Sonic Youth’s Sister LP.

For those unfamiliar, with the album, one of the reason the original is desirable from a collectors standpoint is the album artwork. The individual images used in the collage that make up the front and back covers weren’t properly cleared. The artwork of the original back cover contained a photograph of 12-year-old Sandra Bennett, taken by Richard Avedon on August 23, 1980, but it was censored for later releases after a threat of a lawsuit. At first the picture was merely covered up with a black sticker, but on later pressings it was removed, only showing a black area. Similarly, a photo of Disney's Magic Kingdom on the front cover was later blacked out.

For comparison sake…
IMG_7052.jpeg
IMG_7053.jpeg

Last edited:
Tubby Hayes And The Jazz Couriers Featuring Ronnie Scott – The Jazz Couriers (Tempo Records, 1958 First Mono Pressing)
Sphere - S/T (Cadillac Records, 1981 First Signed Pressing)
Idris Muhammad - Peace And Rhythm (Prestige, 2022 Vinyl Me Please/Jazz Dispensary Limited Pressing)

A fantastic set here with the highlight being The Jazz Couriers, the only album by the group that I was missing. Its an incredible release and it sounds fantastic! Sphere's self titled is signed by the whole group of Peter Maxfield, Alan Edwards, Geoff Williams & Andy Sheppard. Finally, the one album in the VMP series that I was missing. I managed to get all of the others in swaps or using credit but this one sold out before I had the chance. Fortunately I was able to put an offer on this one on Discogs and it was accepted!

IMG_3249.JPG
IMG_3250.JPG

Doug Carn Featuring The Voice Of Jean Carn - Revelation (Black Jazz Records, 1973 First Pressing)
Doug Carn - Adam's Apple (Black Jazz Records, 1974 First Promo Pressing)
The Gil Evans Orchestra - Out Of The Cool (Impulse!, 1968 Pressing)
Lee Morgan - The Rumproller (Blue Note, 1984 First Japanese Pressing)

A mixed jazz bag with 2 original Black Jazz albums, a cheapo Gil Evans win (a tenner all in), and one of the few Lee Morgan records that im missing!

IMG_3251.JPG

Thanks to everyone that helped me out on deciding what pressing to grab for Kind Of Blue.. Looking forward to hopefully listening to this one over the Weekend when I can give my full attention!

A. A. Allen – I Am Lucifer - This one is an obscure kooky religious album I randomly won on ebay for under $10 which was an easy buy at that price even though it's sadly missing the awesome cover but i'll take it.. Let's just sayyyyy Mr. A.A. Allen is not going to let the Devil possess a girl in his house, no matter how ornery he is!

After I bought this I looked him just a bit and his death was super wild and still debated on what the actual truth is yet the craziest thing happened just hours AFTER he was officially declared dead....

This was broadcast Country wide over the radio...
😶‍🌫️
“This is Brother Allen in person. Numbers of friends of mine have been inquiring about reports they have heard concerning me that are not true. People as well as some preachers from pulpits are announcing that I am dead.

“Do I sound like a dead man? My friends, I am not even sick. Only a, moment ago I made reservations to fly into our current campaign where I'll see you there and make the devil a liar.”

IMG_20230906_213902.jpg

All 5 of these were from DeepDiscount's Bin.. I had never heard the Lee Dorsey before but after sampling it I grabbed it and can confirm the pressing is pretty damn good!

IMG_20230906_213917.jpg

As a bonus I Got "The Driving Crooner" in the mail the same day as well!

IMG_20230907_154232.jpg

Some fresh grabs from the last 3 weeks.

First off some 80's Rush albums. I'm picking-up the DMM's from QRP as I see them. The good albums at least. These sound fantastic.

IMG_0421.JPG

Some new releases. Van Morrison Rhino High Fidelity, King Khan's Invaders OST, the new jeff Rosenstock and the new Frankie & The Witch Fingers.

IMG_0427.JPG

Also got an order of Japanese records. The Santana is the real gem here. Sounds fabulous. The Zeppelin seems to use the US Atlantic plates and is pretty good. After some research, the Sabbath was pretty much the best I could afford. The CB 2011, original UK and Japanese 1980 with the black obi are all supposed to be better but they go for three figures in NM so I went for the Japanese 1975. Not bad at all. Symptom, Megalomania and Thrill Of it All rock real hard. Supposedly a tad less bassy than the three mentioned above but on my rig the bass still has good presence. Happy with it for the price but I'll keep an eye out for one of the other three, cause there's room for improvement. The Depeche Mode sounds excellent (as did the Japanese Broken Frame I got in Toronto). The DM Rhinos are all great, but these are a notch above. And lastly, the Roxy Music is not good at all. Very disappointing because all the other Japanese Roxy's I got are great. But this is anemic and silibant. Already in my sale pile and looking for something else. Probably a UK - or I'll just settle for one of the new 1/2 speeds.

IMG_0425.JPG

Lastly, a couple things from Juno. The Blue Note Re:Imagined sounds fantastic. @avecigrec Do you have this? That tracklist made me think of you. And I got another of the Stereolab Deluxe. Track 1 unfortunately has several static bursts in it. Not sure what's going on there because there is nothing visible on the record, but I guess I'll need a replacement for this. Juno split my order into a few boxes, so I expect a few more records in the mail early next week.

IMG_0434.JPG

Some fresh grabs from the last 3 weeks.

First off some 80's Rush albums. I'm picking-up the DMM's from QRP as I see them. The good albums at least. These sound fantastic.

View attachment 181971

Some new releases. Van Morrison Rhino High Fidelity, King Khan's Invaders OST, the new jeff Rosenstock and the new Frankie & The Witch Fingers.

View attachment 181973

Also got an order of Japanese records. The Santana is the real gem here. Sounds fabulous. The Zeppelin seems to use the US Atlantic plates and is pretty good. After some research, the Sabbath was pretty much the best I could afford. The CB 2011, original UK and Japanese 1980 with the black obi are all supposed to be better but they go for three figures in NM so I went for the Japanese 1975. Not bad at all. Symptom, Megalomania and Thrill Of it All rock real hard. Supposedly a tad less bassy than the three mentioned above but on my rig the bass still has good presence. Happy with it for the price but I'll keep an eye out for one of the other three, cause there's room for improvement. The Depeche Mode sounds excellent (as did the Japanese Broken Frame I got in Toronto). The DM Rhinos are all great, but these are a notch above. And lastly, the Roxy Music is not good at all. Very disappointing because all the other Japanese Roxy's I got are great. But this is anemic and silibant. Already in my sale pile and looking for something else. Probably a UK - or I'll just settle for one of the new 1/2 speeds.

View attachment 181972

Lastly, a couple things from Juno. The Blue Note Re:Imagined sounds fantastic. @avecigrec Do you have this? That tracklist made me think of you. And I got another of the Stereolab Deluxe. Track 1 unfortunately has several static bursts in it. Not sure what's going on there because there is nothing visible on the record, but I guess I'll need a replacement for this. Juno split my order into a few boxes, so I expect a few more records in the mail early next week.

View attachment 181974

I do have that one! Volume 2, too, which is solid, but nowhere near as great as that first one.

Did they remaster it again for vinyl? Because it always felt like there was more than just the press that was wrong with that one.
I dunno, but the serious problems my original had with Halloween are fixed on this newer pressing. It’s still got some crackles here and there but the actual master does the production justice.

Back