Fresh Grabs

Not a record but record related. I had been looking for a new cart and been trying to decide between this and a Hana ML (leaning towards this). But last week a hifi store I've bought from before sent out a newsletter with a 20% coupon for Ortofon carts so that kinda sealed the deal haha

View attachment 182168

You’ll love it!

Nice mail days lately, some of my favorite bands showed up!

Josh Rouse - 1972 (Apocalypse warehouse may have mistakenly sent me a couple extra)
Deyarmond Edison - Epoch box
Rufus Wainwright - Want One and Want Two
Morphine - Like Swimming and The Night

View attachment 182156
That DeYarmond is really awesome. Such a cool box set and cool to hear how Justin Vernon’s music has evolved

Recently got some exciting stuff.
Got the Acen - Monolith Boxset! This is the Close Your Eyes / Window in the Sky 12"s and some more stuff. Also got the Thrilla 12".
20230912_220219.jpg
20230905_211509.jpg

And also really excited about this one and it may just seem like an orange square but - Boris Heavy Rocks (2002) - first time on vinyl.
20230912_215843_1694570381953~2.jpg

Nice mail days lately, some of my favorite bands showed up!

Josh Rouse - 1972 (Apocalypse warehouse may have mistakenly sent me a couple extra)
Deyarmond Edison - Epoch box
Rufus Wainwright - Want One and Want Two
Morphine - Like Swimming and The Night

View attachment 182156

Oooh. Did you get a shipping notice when those Morphines went in the mail?

Thats awesome! Are they playing Heavy Rocks on their current tour?
Yes. They are touring with Melvins as a double headliner. Melvins themselves are playing Bullhead in full. At the end of each band's set, they play a 10+ min take on "Boris." You're gonna want earplugs.

This reminds me, I have a lot of concert updating to do in the relevant thread...

Set the wife a challenge part 2 ...so to keep Mrs N vaguely interested while I scout Vinyl racks I send her off on a challenge ..last time she bagged Survivors “eye of the tiger” album ..today we had a pleasant potter around a massive antique centre ...and she found the second challenge record that we have been keeping an eye out for since Easter ..Joan Jett in the house ! I may also have grabbed a few!

141B05F3-F505-403D-B25B-8F2A7F4F4E62.jpeg

And one of those cats isn’t ours

I hope one of the black and white cats is not yours because that would be quite funny that it just wants to hang with its sibling.

Also I love that one of the cats is staring at the door and thinking "fucking stoopid hoomans, can't they tell I want to shit inside the house?"

I hope one of the black and white cats is not yours because that would be quite funny that it just wants to hang with its sibling.

Also I love that one of the cats is staring at the door and thinking "fucking stoopid hoomans, can't they tell I want to shit inside the house?"
Nope - all 3 of my cats are black and white by a quirk of fate - one was off camera - the 4th dark browny cat lives a few door away but has kinda moved in - and our 3 seem quite happy with this usurper ! They were all probably thinking stop taking photos and feed us

Back